Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 02:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I think John Goodman is a great actor and generally I will see whatever he is in - except Roseanne. Can't stand her and it is not because she is lower or middle class or whatever social class her fictional family is supposed to be. I just don't like her personally - wouldn't have her in my life, don't need her on my TV.
Agree totally.

Then there was her lovely rendition of the Star Spangled Banner. Sad!

Old 03-28-2018, 02:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I'm not here to be classy. I'm here to argue with the enemies of my country.
Do you think that anyone who voted for Trump, for any reason, is any enemy of your country?

(FTR, I didn't vote for Trump, and I didn't vote for Hillary)

Old 03-28-2018, 02:41 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There you go twisting what was said. There is every reason to think that uneducated, uncultured semi-sociopaths would be Trump supporters. Would you expect them to be for Bernie? But the converse may not be true. To put it another way, not all Trump supporters are uneducated, uncultured semi-sociopaths like the Conners, but people like the Conners are likely to be Trump supporters.
Do nasty, pretentious, know it alls represent all Democrats? Small minds need to oversimplify everything.

And 15 years ago the Connors would have very likely been blue collar Democrats.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:42 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
I don't see how anyone could have watched it. Didn't conservatives decide to boycott all things Hollywood?

JK.

I don't intend to watch it for the simple reason that I don't care for reboots/remakes. I LOVED the original Roseanne and I don't want to ruin it with a different version of it.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:49 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Absolutely. Anyone who supports the current Republican agenda is an enemy both of the American people and of the Constitution. There's just no other way to look at it.
This calls for a song lyric response.

Quote:
Oh, I get hysterical, hysteria
Oh can you feel it, do you believe it?
It's such a magical mysteria
When you get that feelin', better start believin'
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.LJIXnPgedTU

Old 03-28-2018, 02:59 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This calls for a song lyric response.

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.LJIXnPgedTU
Ridicule it all you want, but what else can you call it when the party's entire agenda is devoted purely to corporate interests and flagrantly ignores the will of the people who elected them? The GOP does not serve the people, they serve the wealthy at the direct expense of the people. There's no other way to describe them.

You see rightwingers all the time on this board asserting that left-wingers are the enemy of the American people, right? Why would someone be shocked if a liberal thinks the same of them? We're at war in this country, people. Wake up and pick a side.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:08 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I’ll probably never watch the show, but I think it is a brilliant marketing strategy to ride Trump’s coattails into popularity.
I have to laugh. WHAT "popularity"? He has the highest DISAPROVAL rating of any president in modern times.

Trump has no "coat tails" to ride.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:11 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have to laugh. WHAT "popularity"? He has the highest DISAPROVAL rating of any president in modern times.

Trump has no "coat tails" to ride.
True, but most of the lemmings who support him would literally follow him off a cliff. They're only 1/3 of the country, but they worship the lunatic.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:14 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
True, but most of the lemmings who support him would literally follow him off a cliff. They're only 1/3 of the country, but they worship the lunatic.
I know! Two thirds of the country isn't psychotic.

The few people I know who watched it, did so out of curiosity.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Ridicule it all you want, but what else can you call it when the party's entire agenda is devoted purely to corporate interests and flagrantly ignores the will of the people who elected them? The GOP does not serve the people, they serve the wealthy at the direct expense of the people. There's no other way to describe them.

You see rightwingers all the time on this board asserting that left-wingers are the enemy of the American people, right? Why would someone be shocked if a liberal thinks the same of them? We're at war in this country, people. Wake up and pick a side.
I vehemently disagree with your comments regarding President Trump.

However, I do agree with your comments about Republucans in Congress...with the caveat that it isn't just Republicans; it is the Democrats too. Whichever one is in power doesn't matter. Either nothing gets done or the same nonsense keeps going forward. They are indeed the "uniparty" and they do indeed go against the will of the people while enriching themselves.

The only solution I can think of is term limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies