Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 12:50 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
my only problem with her comments is why apologize. you meant what you said own it.
I agree that it's pretty much too late for an apology. However, there is a bigger problem. She said those things in the first place. Why does she feel justified in saying those things in the first place? And why defend Roseanne in the first place?

Old 05-29-2018, 12:51 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
There will be no FOX pick up. None of the other cast members would move with Rosanne after this.

I don't know about that, $$$ can have a very loud, compelling voice.

Personally, I couldn't care less, never watched her the first time around either, find her annoying, not entertaining.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:56 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
same "lady" that purposely butchered the national anthem, then grabbed her crotch and spit upon finishing...and yet President Imbecile and his Trumplings love her, not surprising in the least.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Be straight about this -- even folks who thought Roseanne's comments were out of line didn't think ABC would cancel the show.

There was not a huge outrage or call for the show to be cancelled. ABC took the initiative.

So don't pretend the consequences came out of some big movement.

It was all ABC.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:00 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
same "lady" that purposely butchered the national anthem, then grabbed her crotch and spit upon finishing...and yet President Imbecile and his Trumplings love her, not surprising in the least.
This is what floors me. This woman was so disrespectful to the anthem, the tradition of singing the National Anthem at a ball game and somehow she has become some revered symbol of good and right in the country.

Unbelievable.

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
I didn't think they'd cancel the show, especially with all the money they'll be losing out on. But cmon Roseanne, you gotta be smarter than that! Especially when she has a bullseye target on her back for being right-wing openly and being super successful. Really dumb on her part.

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Roseanne losing her show after calling Valerie Jarrett an ape is what Trump supporters mean when they say they are opposed to "PC" behavior. To Trump supporters, Roseanne's tweet should win a Pulitzer. Very sad that she would be so willing to hurt Wanda Sykes.
what did she say about wanda sykes? i must have missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post

Disney is VERY conservative.
LMAO! that's a good one!

Old 05-29-2018, 01:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Trump sued Bill Maher when Maher said Trump was the spawn of an orangutang.
Tis True ...... but Donald Trump withdrew the suit.

This was Bill Mahr's statement about the Lawsuit .....

After Trump sued, Maher fired back on his HBO show, Real Time.

"This is known as parody, and it's a form of something we in the comedy business call a joke," Maher said. "Just like we're the gun country, we're the joke country. We love our free speech and we love celebrities getting taken down a peg. So Don, just suck it up like everybody else."

Bill Mahr should have used the Standard Leftist Defense.

It's only a JOKE, when a Leftist tells is ...... otherwise, it's defamation and you must be FIRED for it.

Anyone want to provide a list of the nightly/daily "jokes" about Donald Trump and every member of his family?
Roseanne was dumb to say such a thing - she should know the "rules". Leftists can say, or write anything the choose about a Conservative, even if that Conservative is the President of the USA or his family.
In other words - First Amendment Rights for ME and not for Thee ..... based on Leftist Politics.

A Conservative will lose their job if they dare to say anything about a Leftist - even if they are Comedians.
I always think it's a Joke when a business cuts off it's nose to spite it's face. The NFL is reaping the rewards of that.

Roseanne has been averaging a 5.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 19.3 million viewers with live-plus-three day lifts. With a full week of time-shifting, those numbers climb to a 6.4 rating in the key demo and 22.1 million viewers. Either way, Roseanne is the highest-rated and most-watched series of the broadcast season, eclipsing NBC's This Is Us and CBS' Big Bang Theory — which had been in a heated battle for top status. ~. [b]

Old 05-29-2018, 01:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is what floors me. This woman was so disrespectful to the anthem, the tradition of singing the National Anthem at a ball game and somehow she has become some revered symbol of good and right in the country.

Unbelievable.
Yeah , I’m sure you were really offended when that happened .. back in 1990 .. and now still offended nearly 30 years later .. lol ..

Old 05-29-2018, 01:03 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
What about Dan and Jackie getting together? That would make it interesting.
Dan and Wanda Sykes has my vote.

Roseanne goes to Mexico to save money on that knee operation and doesn't pull through. So sad.

Wanda is the FEMA administrator that Dan has to keep meeting with for approvals on the dry wall work he's done after the floods. Do to grief, family objection, they decide just to keep company until he needs bypass surgery and they marry to get on her government insurance.

Wanda lost her husband in a tragic accident. (Crushed by a beer vat?) They empathize on the problems of looking out after grown kids.

I absolutely love John Goodman. He's the heart of the show for me. Hope they find a series that he's willing to do. I don't are what it is, I'd watch anything with him in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies