Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 12:43 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We're human beings posting on an internet forum. We're not being paid to post here and coordinate our thoughts. There is no hive mind.
Yet going for the same thing...there should be some type of similarity within your discussions.

Quote:
I would like some restrictions on firearms, yes. I do not want the 2nd overturned.
Just said your an anti-gunner....never said you wanted the 2nd overturned.

Quote:
I specifically would like longer waiting periods. People do not need to be able to buy guns on a whim and take them home same day.
There are laws like that. Can you be more specific?

Quote:
I would also like better mental health assurances before people can buy high-capacity magazines and firearms.
3 ten round magazine or 1 30 round magazine...same things happens, except about 2 seconds slower...maybe....

Quote:
I'm way less worried about someone buying a revolver who has mental problems than someone buying an AR-15 with mental problems. Yes, that person with the revolver may harm him/her self and maybe even another person or two, but the one with the AK can easily harm dozens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM

You were saying? Yes, I understand he is a professional, however, he is just as fast or FASTER than an semi-auto...

Quote:
So, I'm not wanting anyone to "come for people's guns."
Never said you were...maybe you can prove me wrong?

Quote:
I just think that people tend to assume that since they are "law-abiding, safe gun owners" that anyone else with an NRA sticker on their car is, too.

That's really Pollyanna.
No, that is the anti-gunners view. Just like the recent thread about the homeowner shooting at the school kid needing directions....stupid homeowner....

Quote:
And completely untrue.
Is this what you meant to say?

Old 04-13-2018, 12:46 PM

764 posts, read 235,465 times
Quote:
We're human beings posting on an internet forum. We're not being paid to post here and coordinate our thoughts. There is no hive mind.

I would like some restrictions on firearms, yes. I do not want the 2nd overturned.

I specifically would like longer waiting periods. People do not need to be able to buy guns on a whim and take them home same day.

I would also like better mental health assurances before people can buy high-capacity magazines and firearms.

I'm way less worried about someone buying a revolver who has mental problems than someone buying an AR-15 with mental problems. Yes, that person with the revolver may harm him/her self and maybe even another person or two, but the one with the AK can easily harm dozens.

So, I'm not wanting anyone to "come for people's guns."

I just think that people tend to assume that since they are "law-abiding, safe gun owners" that anyone else with an NRA sticker on their car is, too.

That's really Pollyanna.

And completely untrue.
As to the bolded, not so sure about some posters...........
I understand your concerns, but do you concede that many DO want to take firearms? Are you o.k. with ARs and AKs with 10 round magazines? In the state of Florida you can't buy a gun "on a whim" and take it home unless you have a CWP, which means the authorities have already crawled all over you and you have passed. And most of all...... do you concede that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with whether or not someone NEEDS a particular firearm. I really am not trying to be argumentative here, but would like answers.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
In addition to the post above ^, I would add another really recent example is Chuck Schumer couldn't support a judicial nomination because of the color of his skin. In what sick world is that "progress"?
It's a little more complex than what Tucker claims:

(CNN)Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer on Friday disputed the characterization that he voted against a Trump judicial nominee earlier this week solely because of his race. The Senate voted 69-28 on Thursday to confirm Marvin Quattlebaum, who is white, as a US district judge for South Carolina.

In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Friday, Schumer slammed Republicans' decision to block two African-American nominees under then-President Barack Obama for the same vacancy so they could fill the seat with a Republican-backed nominee as making "no sense, and compounding the injury was the lack of diversity ... of the appointees."
"This seat has been vacant for a long time," Schumer said Friday. "The two people nominated were African Americans, and I said now this new fellow is white, and we need the bench to have real diversity."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/polit...nee/index.html

Old 04-13-2018, 02:17 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's a little more complex than what Tucker claims:

(CNN)Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer on Friday disputed the characterization that he voted against a Trump judicial nominee earlier this week solely because of his race. The Senate voted 69-28 on Thursday to confirm Marvin Quattlebaum, who is white, as a US district judge for South Carolina.

In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Friday, Schumer slammed Republicans' decision to block two African-American nominees under then-President Barack Obama for the same vacancy so they could fill the seat with a Republican-backed nominee as making "no sense, and compounding the injury was the lack of diversity ... of the appointees."
"This seat has been vacant for a long time," Schumer said Friday. "The two people nominated were African Americans, and I said now this new fellow is white, and we need the bench to have real diversity."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/polit...nee/index.html
It's not "complex". It's happening all over America, in all sorts of arenas, in the name of "diversity". It is, without any shadow of a doubt, regression.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:42 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,967,818 times
You're right. One glimmer of light is that the NRA and gun industry are getting the same reputation that the tobacco companies have. Remember all those years when they insisted that smoking doesn't cause cancer? The NRA and munitions industry tried the same thing, using the"good guy with a gun "tagline. Now corporate America is stepping back from them and the general public sees how sleazy they are.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:45 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
As to the bolded, not so sure about some posters...........
I understand your concerns, but do you concede that many DO want to take firearms? Are you o.k. with ARs and AKs with 10 round magazines? In the state of Florida you can't buy a gun "on a whim" and take it home unless you have a CWP, which means the authorities have already crawled all over you and you have passed. And most of all...... do you concede that the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with whether or not someone NEEDS a particular firearm. I really am not trying to be argumentative here, but would like answers.
Do you concede that it has to do with a "well regulated militia" (which if you study your history you know that the United States relied mostly on militia u@its for national defense prior to their often disastrous performances in the War of 1812)...something most right wingers ignore. Not everyone for themselves.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:23 PM

50,320 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
The problem here is that everyone who got the free NRA coffee mug and bumper sticker thinks THEY are the NRA.

And, they aren't.
Wrong, it is a non-profit organization of people for gun rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
You're right. One glimmer of light is that the NRA and gun industry are getting the same reputation that the tobacco companies have. Remember all those years when they insisted that smoking doesn't cause cancer? The NRA and munitions industry tried the same thing, using the"good guy with a gun "tagline. Now corporate America is stepping back from them and the general public sees how sleazy they are.
Record gun sales, I don't remember recent years of record cig sales?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:03 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
he want to change it, or has he seen the money he can make by complaining/ yes I feel he making a lot of money being on the tv shows and proberly already have a scholarship lined up at that California school. why is he taking a year off, to make more money of course, before his fifteen minutes are up

Old 04-13-2018, 06:41 PM

19,784 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
he want to change it, or has he seen the money he can make by complaining/ yes I feel he making a lot of money being on the tv shows and proberly already have a scholarship lined up at that California school. why is he taking a year off, to make more money of course, before his fifteen minutes are up
He making change. I feel his fellow students murdered so he want change.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:59 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
The fact is millennial's are the biggest voting block since the baby boomers and they are organized with a cause. We should be proud of these young people's dedication instead of putting them down and making fun of them. Just remember these kids may or may not take care of you in your old age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies