Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 08:18 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
David is busy in school. I am sure he has finals before graduation and probably a graduation speech to write. We will all be seeing and hearing from him again real soon Wish him well during his final weeks in highschool please.
I suppose we can surmise that this whole mess was just used as a platform to get colleges to notice him after he got rejected, now suddenly, he got accepted. Im sure this doofas will not last a semester because they wont kiss his azz

Old 04-13-2018, 08:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I suppose we can surmise that this whole mess was just used as a platform to get colleges to notice him after he got rejected, now suddenly, he got accepted. Im sure this doofas will not last a semester because they wont kiss his azz
We will see, we will see

Old 04-13-2018, 08:40 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
You pay $25 quarterly for that "free magazine."

Life member, long past the dues, many many many many many many many years ....I got in when they were providing the $300 lifetime membership...so, yes, it's free....along with the jacket I was provided...and other "stuff they have given me for being a lifetime member...

Sorry, to burst your bubble....

Old 04-13-2018, 08:45 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Colleges are still sending out acceptance letters. He'll likely get accepted to a few more in the next month or so for the remaining colleges which he applied. The school that accepted him didn't reject him before. It's a different school which had a different schedule for their acceptance letters.

So far it appears that he's planning for a gap year so he can focus on being a political activist for the 2018 mid term elections. He'll be around for awhile, encouraging young people to vote.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Life member, long past the dues, many many many many many many many years ....I got in when they were providing the $300 lifetime membership...so, yes, it's free....along with the jacket I was provided...and other "stuff they have given me for being a lifetime member...

Sorry, to burst your bubble....
LOL! "Free" trinkets always are a big sell to elderly men.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
LOL! "Free" trinkets always are a big sell to elderly men.

LOL...elderly....I guess if you call 47 elderly, then you are correct....

Old 04-13-2018, 10:32 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This is why the viewpoint of David Hogg and the Parkland Survivors is important. This is what you will get more of when you arm teachers. More guns is not the answer.

Parkland teacher arrested after leaving gun in public lavatory - BBC News
Amazing. Yeah, that guy has the judgment to make split-second lethal force decisions.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
According to Citizens United and the Hobby Lobby case, corporations are people. So, yeah, Hogg is right.
Then call out your leftist anti-gunner buddy.....

Old 04-13-2018, 12:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You buddy redzin disagrees with you...the NRA is a corporation....not people....

You 2 are for more gun control, you should talk before posting, that way you don't look like hogg...uniformed...
We're human beings posting on an internet forum. We're not being paid to post here and coordinate our thoughts. There is no hive mind.

I would like some restrictions on firearms, yes. I do not want the 2nd overturned.

I specifically would like longer waiting periods. People do not need to be able to buy guns on a whim and take them home same day.

I would also like better mental health assurances before people can buy high-capacity magazines and firearms.

I'm way less worried about someone buying a revolver who has mental problems than someone buying an AR-15 with mental problems. Yes, that person with the revolver may harm him/her self and maybe even another person or two, but the one with the AK can easily harm dozens.

So, I'm not wanting anyone to "come for people's guns."

I just think that people tend to assume that since they are "law-abiding, safe gun owners" that anyone else with an NRA sticker on their car is, too.

That's really Pollyanna.

And completely untrue.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
According to Citizens United and the Hobby Lobby case, corporations are people. So, yeah, Hogg is right.
The problem here is that everyone who got the free NRA coffee mug and bumper sticker thinks THEY are the NRA.

And, they aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies