Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 09:55 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I'm fine with it. Hogg and his tool actor friends don't have a more important voice than any other garden variety American. That's the whole point, chief.
So - no longer arguing that your voice is more important due to your amazing status as a taxpayer?

Old 04-12-2018, 09:57 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm saying that I loosely used the word "expert" to mean "knows more than most people about X subject" and I can see there's an obsession with my word choice rather than an acknowledgement from people here that David Hogg and his classmates DO know more about being in a mass shooting than they do.

I've been kicked before about words....just have to suck it up, as I do...

Old 04-12-2018, 10:09 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So - no longer arguing that your voice is more important due to your amazing status as a taxpayer?
You're having a real hard time understanding peoples' posts here, aren't you?

Whataboutism.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
You're having a real hard time understanding peoples' posts here, aren't you?
Communication involves two parties, just trying to understand your thought process. If you're no longer arguing that people's importance is tied to their years of tax payments, good on you.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Communication involves two parties, just trying to understand your thought process. If you're no longer arguing that people's importance is tied to their years of tax payments, good on you.
That was never really the point I made to begin with, but nice deflection (whataboutism).

I'm going to help you out here.

My point was media/politicians were giving the cretin known as Hogg a more important voice than mine, and I pay taxes (I wouldn't be surprised if Hoggster has never even had a job yet), so my voice is as important (if not more) than his.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
That was never really the point I made to begin with, but nice deflection (whataboutism).
That is not really an example of whataboutism, but that aside...

Quote:
My point was media/politicians were giving the cretin known as Hogg a more important voice than mine, and I pay taxes (I wouldn't be surprised if Hoggster has never even had a job yet), so my voice is as important (if not more) than his.
You seem to think that differs substantially from "people's importance is tied to their years of tax payments". I guess that's a point of view.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
That is not really an example of whataboutism, but that aside...

You seem to think that differs substantially from "people's importance is tied to their years of tax payments". I guess that's a point of view.
My original point stands.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:57 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
And just so you know, the garden variety "flyover" American you detest so much works more in a month than Warren Buffett ever has a day of his life, so, pay in blood sweat and tears here is more what I'm talking about, though I know left-wing limo-libs (like you?) have nothing but utter contempt for such people.
Oh, but how MUCH one works has nothing to do with whether or not they own property or how long they've been paying taxes.

Perhaps a person prescribes to the "work smarter not harder" school of toil and labor.

One never knows.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I've been kicked before about words....just have to suck it up, as I do...
Oh, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Forum communication is an imperfect medium.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:

I'm going to help you out here.

You're really going to sit there and call a teenager a cretin because you disagree with him and completely ignore the fact that he had to hide in a damned closet while a madman with an AR-15 blew apart the bodies of over a dozen of his classmates?

Come now... he knows more than you about being in a mass shooting. Why is that so hard to admit?

It does not mean he knows more about guns, or law, or any of that.

I just think that when people have been PART of a terrible situation that they are lobbying to try to prevent other people from having to ever suffer through being a part of, it's incredibly rude to summarily dismiss them because they disagree with you.

Or because you pay taxes or whatever.

I don't think shooters stop to ask who is paying taxes and being a taxpayer isn't a requirement to purchase a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies