Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 05:36 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There were more than two choices. Just because one of those two was going to be POTUS doesn't mean you had to vote for either of them....especially in Texas. Texas isn't a swing state....yet.
Practically--as a Texas voter--a write-in vote had no possibility of making a difference
It was pissing in the wind, if you will--and likely to blow back at that...

You might as well stay home if you were going to chose anyone but HRC or Trump
Admittedly Texas has very strong GOP preference but with Trump's hostility for many stratas of voters in Texas-- minorities, seniors, younger voters, women---the DNC is making inroads...
And I have a conscience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 05:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Practically--as a Texas voter--a write-in vote had no possibility of making a difference
It was pissing in the wind, if you will--and likely to blow back at that...

You might as well stay home if you were going to chose anyone but HRC or Trump
Admittedly Texas has very strong GOP preference but with Trump's hostility for many stratas of voters in Texas-- minorities, seniors, younger voters, women---the DNC is making inroads...
And I have a conscience
Many did stay home. That's why Hillary lost.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:00 PM

23,504 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The RNC should be kissing his arse.

The POTUS would be Hillary Clinton had it not been for the FBI and Comey.
Nope. Those deep in hillaryworld are following her guidelines - always blame someone else.

She is ultimately responsible for her own loss.

Other than running an extremely poor campaign..

If she hadn't had that private server then it never would have been hacked.
If she hadn't allowed huma to send her emails to weiner's laptop then there would have been no reason for comey to reopen the case.

comey has a secondary responsibility for her loss, in that he was the one who had listed off all that she'd done wrong and then stepped out of his job description to make up a reason to let her off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Clinton would be in a cage, possibly facing capital charges for treason for holding SAPs, if it weren't for Comey's partisan FBI interference when he invented a new prosecution hurdle, which doesn't exist in the law, that she didn't meet (in his opinion only) for her to avoid prosecution.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Oh, the RNC is such a reputable source! I'm glad they are eating their own...a guy who was appointed as Dep. Attyn. General by Bush and who was special council to the Whitewater investigation!

They are eating just about everyone.....won't be any scraps left on the table except a lone dictator.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's all a joke all around but we will eat it up. A big **** sandwich.
Just when one thought it could not get any cheesier.

MSNBC reporting Comey’s book contains references to Trump’s small hands and orange complexion. The talking head of the hour remarked that it was unfortunate Comey chose to go this low. The book comes off as vindictive.

And then the RNC goes low with Lyin Comey.

“As DC Turns” and all that.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 04-12-2018 at 06:17 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Many did stay home. That's why Hillary lost.
There was not the turn out for HRC among blacks as there was for Obama
And I guess they regret that now

But that might be as sharp a pain as someone who voted for Trump and now regrets it

Old 04-12-2018, 06:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
There was not the turn out for HRC among blacks as there was for Obama
And I guess they regret that now
I've seen nothing to back that up.

Quote:
But that might be as sharp a pain as someone who voted for Trump and now regrets it
I'd think it would be worse for those who voted for Hillary now knowing that Sanders very well might have beat Trump.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Just when one thought it could not get any cheesier.

MSNBC reporting Comey’s book contains references to Trump’s small hands and orange complexion. The talking head of the hour remarked that it was unfortunate Comey chose to go this low. The book comes off as vindictive.

And then the RNC goes low with Lyin Comey.

“As DC Turns” and all that.
I agree that Comey's remarks don't reflect as unbiased maybe
But Trump I believe was the one who made the first comment about the size of his hands when he was ridiculing Marco Rubio

And Trump does appear orange to me at times when I see him on TV
I think he wears makeup and uses a tanning bed at times and maybe has problem balancing the two

Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I've seen nothing to back that up.

I'd think it would be worse for those who voted for Hillary now knowing that Sanders very well might have beat Trump.
If you want to Google black turnout, I think you will see the stats
Whether they regret it was my supposition
And I think Sanders beating Trump is maybe wishful/vindictive thinking depending on how you feel about the DNC's actions...
I still believe there was a physical hack of the election systems in some states or precincts to throw Trump votes....
No real evidence so just opinion on my part
But some numbers were just too close to be true...

Old 04-12-2018, 06:53 PM

23,970 posts, read 15,069,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There were more than two choices. Just because one of those two was going to be POTUS doesn't mean you had to vote for either of them....especially in Texas. Texas isn't a swing state....yet.
IMO, the greens are bought and paid for by Republicans. See Ralph Nader. The democrats sued the greens in Texas and won because their petition drive for getting on the ballot was paid for and run by Republicans. Remember, almost every judge in Texas is a Republican Happened in another state, too.

I'd be inclined to vote Libertarian. I voted for Ross Perot and Ron Paul every time they were on the ballot.

This last POTUS election was about all those judges McConnell held so Obama could not name. And the Supreme court vacancy that Obama was not permitted to fill. The result of this election just by judges appointed will be with us for the next 50 years.

I do not see the congress disbanding the military any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies