Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 09:34 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,680,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think of all the disgusting things that have happened in the past year, the most stomach turning is how the GOP have become Trump's whipping boys and gals. I always felt that Paul Ryan was a snake, he even looks shady, but I am extremely surprised as a lot of people I had respect for previously.

I don't know if they are just trying to salvage whatever they can in November, or if they are just dishonest, and liars as big as Donald Trump himself. But I can't even stand to look at any of them when they are on TV.
They are hypocrites and liars. Espousing this president and Republican Party that is neither fiscally or morally true to their ‘core beliefs’.

Absolute sham of the electorate. Worthless support for nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 09:41 PM

23,634 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Actually, the RNC was likely hacked and just won't admit it
Why???
Because they don't want to let the FBI into their servers to validate what happened
They don't want the RNC's dirty laundry to be posted online like the DNC's actually did
Proof that it was the RNC who wouldn't let the FBI into their servers.

It was the DNC who wouldn't let the FBI see their server, despite numerous requests.
https://www.wired.com/2017/01/fbi-sa...email-servers/

Old 04-12-2018, 09:45 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think of all the disgusting things that have happened in the past year, the most stomach turning is how the GOP have become Trump's whipping boys and gals. I always felt that Paul Ryan was a snake, he even looks shady, but I am extremely surprised as a lot of people I had respect for previously.

I don't know if they are just trying to salvage whatever they can in November, or if they are just dishonest, and liars as big as Donald Trump himself. But I can't even stand to look at any of them when they are on TV.
I'm STILL surprised at just how fast they had their spines apparently removed, and became a bunch of feckless yes bois, with the exception of a few. How much longer will they fall on their swords to protect their leader?

Old 04-12-2018, 09:50 PM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The RNC should be kissing his arse.

The POTUS would be Hillary Clinton had it not been for the FBI and Comey.
And the POTUS would have been Bernie Sanders had it not been for the DNC and Hillary.

The RNC should be kissing the arse of the DNC. Or is having Trump as POTUS a huge problem for the RNC?

We will find out at the midterms and in 2020.

You can't just look at all of this in overly simplistic and partisan terms. Its more complected than that.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:02 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'm STILL surprised at just how fast they had their spines apparently removed, and became a bunch of feckless yes bois, with the exception of a few. How much longer will they fall on their swords to protect their leader?
At this point many are in for an obstruction of justice review if they block impeachment.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've condemned lies for years on here. The typical reply was "they all lie". That is the same thing the GOP is doing here.
No--I think it is really more than that
The RNC initially was resistant to Trump
It was an unlikely and unwanted marriage--more assault than betrothal...
He never had really assumed the GOP agenda in the past--he was avowed Democrat because he is amoral and that worked in NYC/NY state for what he wanted...

But Trump had Mercer's money after Cruz cratered and none of the others could dominate in the primaries
They let Trump in thinking HE would be beaten by the RNC's stable of conventional candidates--
They used bad judgement and worse tactics---
They have been crumbling to special interests for decade or more
Selling out their traditional values for edgier and edgier borderline points of view
So now they have a guy they can't control, who has a Cabinet filled with inept and corrupt personalities, who has no idea what he wants to do with foreign policy or economic policy---
Even that tax bill, they know is going to be their death knell in a few years because it will blow up the budget and dump the economy worse than Bush experienced in 08--
Can the GOP survive being in power for the two huge recessions of the 21st century?

And I am a Democrat--
But to me--the RNC doing this just comes across as something very different than the GOP doing it...
I think there are probably GOP Senators and Congressmen who are dismayed at this move by the RNC coming out so strong against Comey's book--

That just smacks of desperation IMO...

Old 04-12-2018, 10:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
No--I think it is really more than that
The RNC initially was resistant to Trump
It was an unlikely and unwanted marriage--more assault than betrothal...
He never had really assumed the GOP agenda in the past--he was avowed Democrat because he is amoral and that worked in NYC/NY state for what he wanted...
I care less what the GOP thinks.

Quote:
But Trump had Mercer's money after Cruz cratered and none of the others could dominate in the primaries
They let Trump in thinking HE would be beaten by the RNC's stable of conventional candidates--
They used bad judgement and worse tactics---
They have been crumbling to special interests for decade or more
Selling out their traditional values for edgier and edgier borderline points of view
So now they have a guy they can't control, who has a Cabinet filled with inept and corrupt personalities, who has no idea what he wants to do with foreign policy or economic policy---
Even that tax bill, they know is going to be their death knell in a few years because it will blow up the budget and dump the economy worse than Bush experienced in 08--
Can the GOP survive being in power for the two huge recessions of the 21st century?
No one that still supports Hillary or Obama have any right to call anyone else out for being a sell out.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:20 PM

I would really like to hear specifics about who decided to create that website and strike team at the RNC---
And what kind of forewarning was given to some of the senior politicians involved in defending Mueller's investigation...
I am not saying Comey will come out like a White Knight or that every part of the book is above criticism...
Haven't read it and thought Comey did blunder in several aspects of what happened with Clinton and Trump....

But this seems like Steve Bannon's work against the Clinton Foundation and that stupid movie that the NY FBI used as a guidebook for investigating Clinton
It is conspiracy-thinking writ large...

Old 04-12-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I care less what the GOP thinks.

No one that still supports Hillary or Obama have any right to call anyone else out for being a sell out.
Totally missing the point--
I am trying to understand the LOGIC behind what made the powers that be at the RNC come out with that website and aggressive scorched earth policy...

Old 04-12-2018, 10:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Totally missing the point--
Obviously, as is the (D) party.

Quote:
I am trying to understand the LOGIC behind what made the powers that be at the RNC come out with that website and aggressive scorched earth policy...
Party hacks will defend anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies