Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 10:28 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,416,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The RNC should be kissing his arse.

The POTUS would be Hillary Clinton had it not been for the FBI and Comey.
"had it not been for the FBI and Comey." she would be in JAIL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 10:29 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I had hoped that the election of the toddler-in-chief would shake up the party and put them back on track, but alas, instead it appears they are following Trump into preschool.

The RNC is circling the drain. Someone needs to press the handle and flush them down once and for all.
"the toddler-in-chief"

As they say, "It takes ONE to know one"!

I note you did NOT disclaim ANYTHING they said.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
No fan of H Clinton here, she had too much baggage (some due to character assassination, some deserved), she knew it and should not have run. If she truly cared about her party and her causes she should have recognized her liabilities and stood aside. Her presence in the race sucked all the oxygen out of the primaries and potentially better candidates would not get enticed into running against her. She was really lucky that she had Trump as an opponent, some of the other Republicans would have trounced her bigly (I mean really, with the popular vote and more states). Her best shot was of beating Trump, I truly believe that, and I believe that she felt the same way at that time. Trump's final victory was a Hail Mary pass.

The Clintons had campaigned for, and helped raise money for many Democrats over decades, they owed her and she called in her chips. The failing of the Democratic party that year, how it is organized and run, is obvious. It wasn't necessarily a message problem for the party but it was a systemic problem (how they function), something both parties struggle with to a degree because of our heavy reliance on campaign donations mostly.

But the Republican party has to take full responsibility for Donald. They had a field of good candidates (some not so good) but they allowed Trump to take the nomination. Even up to the convention Trump was hinting at violence if he didn't get nod from the party, that alarmed more than a few people. Trump set a thuggish tone.
I'm just curious.......how did they "allow him to take the nomination"? He got the most votes. (and no, they did not have any good candidates outside of maybe Paul)

Quote:
He told his base that he did not take money for his campaign from donors, because he knew that they would expect something for it and he didn't need their money. The people loved him for it, and trusted him, as a man with their best interests at heart! Since then he has accepted donor money, lots of it! His base barely noticed this fundamental shift or what that actually implied about what Trump would do. They didn't want to give up on this dream.

Trump's Faustian bargain was that he would promote the Republican pro-business agenda, and he made good on that, packing his cabinet with billionaires. He turned his back on the base that carried him on their backs, and reversed himself in many of his populist promises, I read somewhere that he has broken about thirty of his campaign promises (although I can not enumerate them here).
I can repeat the promises Obama broke and have many times.

Quote:
The latest campaign position reversal seems to be the TPP, the latest word is he actually is following his nemesis Obama's example on that topic now. That's how it is with Trump. The base abides, they always do ...
Why should they be any different than the base on the other side?

Old 04-13-2018, 12:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Reagan used spin media to his own advantage
He just wasn't as scummy as Trump in his past dealings
Nancy kept him on short leash as far as that goes

But folks, IMO, this type of full court press means the RNC has a dog of its own in this fight to stop the investigation of Trump and all-things-Trump by Mueller and any other legal organization

Point out again
Michael Cohen was assistant NATIONAL director for the RNC finance committee
That means he had NATIONAL exposure to money gathering and laundering for the Trump campaign and also ANY OTHER RNC funding related to other federal/state campaigns....
Read Cohen's blurb on the RNC's press release
He has no credibility for a role like that except he worked for Trump and was on Trump charities--like Eric's--
Where there have been legal/financial illegal acts---
And Cohen was on those boards..
Cohen was/is a bag man for Trump
His job was to facilitate and screen money transfers from donors to the RNC
Donors that might have been illegal contributors or funneling money from illegal sources like Russia
Also remember the CA whistleblower who claimed that CA charged WAY LESS than a legitimate company would charge for the same work because a reduced bill was an in-kind contribution from Robert Mercer and others via CA into the money boxes of GOP candidates...

The RNC could also be under scrutiny for its relationship with Russia via the NRA funding...

This is not a firewall around Trump--
This website is an attempt by the RNC to protect itself, its officers and funding from donors for the 2018 election...
Exactly.
The RNC doesn't care on whit about Trump at this point. They know he's threatening their fund-raising efforts and re-election chances.
They'd have had a better chance with both if Comey hadn't grand-standed before the election.
They know it and so here we are.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No fan of Trump here. All this stuff from Comey -- heresay -- he said, she said...and could very well be spiteful.

But what kind of man becomes President that causes this kind of culture, environment, behavior so early into his Presidency?

It's a mess. It's almost comical it is so surreal.

I still don't like Trump. I am not going to buy Comey's book.

Comey, Trump's reaction to Comey will do absolutely nothing to sway the strong base who approve of Trump and the strong base who disapprove of Trump.

This won't lose or win elections for anybody -- it just creates fodder for Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, Breitbart, Info Wars, etc......
Right there with you.

All of this is just so much distraction and deflection.
I don't care what Comey has to say about anything.
And it honestly makes me sad that the RNC seems willing to now allow itself to be portrayed as the equivalent of the mean girls in HS.

Trump has lowered the bar so far that even the most craven behavior is now acceptable - not just acceptable but applauded - all for the 15 minutes that it will provide the news cycle and so that some can cheer "go team!"

Crazy.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:34 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,028,935 times
It's really not the RNC guys. Like they'd do something like this... it's free publicity for the book and only going to result in more sales of said book..

Even trump is in on it tweeting about it. They're 850,000 for release day, largest number of any book they've released so far this year. That last one they only did 150,000.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:40 PM

16,762 posts, read 8,231,655 times
The GOP is controlled by Trump. He is doing what he likes best, "using other peoples money".

Old 04-13-2018, 01:02 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,255,141 times
Reviewing the website, I see nothing that's been distorted or misquoted.

The Democrats hated him, had no faith in him and now they love him.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:19 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,609,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I don't know if they are just trying to salvage whatever they can in November, or if they are just dishonest, and liars as big as Donald Trump himself. But I can't even stand to look at any of them when they are on TV.
Then stop watching the Conspiracy News Network and PMSNBC. You will feel so much better, dear.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:23 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,828,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Then stop watching the Conspiracy News Network and PMSNBC. You will feel so much better, dear.
And watch Alex Jones instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies