Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 10:57 AM

59,273 posts, read 27,435,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's the right way to do it, not this patch work of state overreach. Get the Feds out of it and let the states decide on their own LEGALLY.
" Get the Feds out of it and let the states decide on their own LEGALLY."

It didn't work with abortion or same sex marriage, so why is this any different?

Old 04-22-2018, 11:00 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times
There is some crazy stuff going on in congress. They all need to be regularly drug tested.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I believe that all these mass shootings are caused by stoners with psychosis caused by dope.
Not all pot abusers are mass-shooters, but the psycho-toxins found in marijuana can certainly have a very negative affect, especially on younger people.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:35 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,785,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not all pot abusers are mass-shooters, but the psycho-toxins found in marijuana can certainly have a very negative affect, especially on younger people.

"The overwhelming majority of pot users are not mass-shooters..." Fixed it for you.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:54 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,373,764 times
I am not impressed with our spine less leaders like Shumer who have jumped on the marijuana legalization band wagon. It was not that they decided to look out for pot smokers but they smell the money. And when the leaders saw a new cash crop like marijauna the support for legalization became bi partisan.
Imagine that.

I always knew legalisation would end up worthless
to the average pot smoker. Take Ohio's law , the state gives permits to a lucky 10 and anyone else can not grow. To get a permit it is 100 thousand dollars. You have to pay for a doctors appt and prescription to legally smoke.

The people did have a amendment where that lucky 10 still would get the permits but a person was allowed to grow 4 plants. Ohio does not have the brightest pot smokers, they voted down the amendment because the lucky 10 was going to make all the money.

I tried to explain to pot heads that the lucky 10 was going to get paid anyway and the best deal was being able to grow 4 plants legally. But no body listened and the lucky 10 are still getting paid and no body else can grow legally.

You can bet there is a lot of cash flow to be gobbled up for our spineless leaders. In Ohio both parties will and have had their palms greased with the (R)s getting the lions share since they control both houses and Kasich as Gov.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:23 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,831,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am not impressed with our spine less leaders like Shumer who have jumped on the marijuana legalization band wagon. It was not that they decided to look out for pot smokers but they smell the money. And when the leaders saw a new cash crop like marijauna the support for legalization became bi partisan.
Imagine that.
I wouldn't say we are there yet. Lets see if the bill passes.

Legalization still has mountains of opposition from the Christian Right and other social conservatives.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:27 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,589,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Legalization still has mountains of opposition from the Christian Right and other social conservatives.
A Texas state congressman named David Simpson from Longview introduced a bill to the Legislature that, if it had passed as drafted, would have made Texas the most permissive jurisdiction in the world in regard to cannabis.

In all other regards, Simpson more or less fits the archetype of the far-right Christian conservative.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:33 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,831,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
A Texas state congressman named David Simpson from Longview introduced a bill to the Legislature that, if it had passed as drafted, would have made Texas the most permissive jurisdiction in the world in regard to cannabis.

In all other regards, Simpson more or less fits the archetype of the far-right Christian conservative.
Unfortunately most of the Texas legislature didn't agree. That bill was in 2015 though, which was eons ago when talking about this issue. I wonder if it was attempted today if it would at least be taken a little more seriously.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:37 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,589,474 times
Quote:
Unfortunately most of the Texas legislature didn't agree. That bill was in 2015 though, which was eons ago when talking about this issue. I wonder if it was attempted today if it would at least be taken a little more seriously.
The bill was pretty far out there even compared to what's been done in other states, including proposals that never got off the cutting room floor so to speak.

Still, somebody from the Texas right wing had to make the step he did to advance it forward. The momentum here is well ahead of where it was when I had left for a few years starting mid-2014. I wound up in Ohio voting on a corrupt money grab of a ballot issue the following year, that lost because it was a brazenly corrupt money grab, by the same people who hijacked the new medical program.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:40 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,373,764 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say we are there yet. Lets see if the bill passes.

The Christian rights influence is waning and when money is involved the leaders will throw them under the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies