Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump a Jerk? (Personality wise)
No, He seems like a real nice guy 42 45.65%
Yes, what a jerk! 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 12:03 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Only in the eyes of those who never tried to start or ran a successful business can say he isn't a success. Trump is a success in business so much so he's even paid to allow companies to slap his name on buildings. Can you or any of your liberal haters say that?

And when it comes to actual policy accomplishments tied to pledges he made on the campaign trail, Trump is actually doing pretty well – whether you like the results or not.
Where Trump has made the bulk of his money is in money laundering. He is a very successful money launderer. Most of his other endeavors have failed or are pure scams like Trump University.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:24 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
He's probably super nice to his family always, other people when they're useful for his schemes, but likely unpleasant with most others.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, but he is a jerk.

Can he be nice to some people when/if he needs to be? I have zero doubt.

Does he love his family? I'm sure he does in his own way.

But, he is as self-centered as they come and everything he does is pretty much designed to feed his fragile ego.

I used to think he was fairly harmless to everyone except the people he shorted in business deals and... here we are now.
^^^^This

Old 05-04-2018, 12:29 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I will never understand why so many people phrase their polls the way they do. They are written in such a way that there is no good answer to check off, so I dont bother picking any of the choices given. It’s almost as if they are trying to get as few people to answer as possible.

That said, like most of us, he can be a real jerk sometimes. He can be a real nice guy other times. Same can be said for Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. Some are jerks more often than others. Others are really good at hiding their “jerkiness” while others are not. Some people are really good at putting on a “nice guy” face, even at times when they are thinking something very different than they are letting the outside world know, while others are not. Humans are more complicated than to be reduced to either “a jerk” or “a real nice guy”.
Well said.

A lot of comments on here sound like they are from a middle school popularity contest.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:30 PM

923 posts, read 495,404 times
No, but all the foaming at the mouth anti-Trumpers have kaka where their brains would normally be. Every time they open their mouths, a little more spills out; but they get it replenished daily from DU and the fake news media.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:32 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
How many Dems have voted for jerks?

Old 05-04-2018, 12:33 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And what you don't understand is my tolerance for mean spirited jerks remains the same whether the jerk in question is a bum on the street or the guy in the White House.

I don't give a darn the justification you and your brethren give for loving someone who so clearly is a jerk in so many ways. A jerk is a jerk is a jerk.
ok . seriously I don't care what "you" think.

all I am attempting to do is pick up the mirror so you can see... Trump didn't happen in a vacuum. Trump was a reaction to leftist over reach. If that isn't you fine. If it is, you just found the line where we bite back. (but please note, Trumps aggressive actions are in fact REactions. )

Old 05-04-2018, 12:36 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You may find his attitude admirable. I do not. The man is in the public eye, and anyone in the public eye needs to have a pretty thick skin. "Eviscerating" someone for a slight is a waste of time and energy, particularly when you are supposedly the leader of the free world.
you mean like when democrats in congress spoke with one voice and said "Republicans WANT to kill old people?"

or "Bush Lied People Died" and called him a war criminal?

Like that?

or like when leftists RIOTED and burned city streets?

Or like when leftists riot to make sure conservatives don't get to TALK?

LIKE THAT?

I seriously don't care what you find admirable because I know you find anything that is of the left admirable. that's well find and good. im don't with thick skin. I want reciprocation. I am not sorry if it hurts when you get back what you've been dishing out. period. end of story.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:39 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It depends on what the relationship is.

If you are a friend, he is probably OK.

If you are negotiating business, he is probably a pain in the neck.

If you are doing work for him, he is probably very demanding and a pain in the neck.

If you position yourself as an adversary and continually attack him, he is your worst enemy.

The issue is that Trump was generally fine (or at minimum a typical greedy, eccentric business type) for the first 70 years of his life until he positioned himself against the swamp and the propaganda media and the entertainment complex (read elite liberals and swampy GOP types). All of a sudden he's the worst person in America to many. I think it says more about the others. He hasn't changed... others have changed their viewpoint on him. Why is that?
He probably comes off sounding like an old dotard with fading memory trying to look young and tough. It's sad when they get old and impotent.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:45 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
No, but all the foaming at the mouth anti-Trumpers have kaka where their brains would normally be. Every time they open their mouths, a little more spills out; but they get it replenished daily from DU and the fake news media.
Not to mention which, I've read "jerkier" comments on here from libs way worse than anything Trump has said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies