Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 03:23 PM

14,772 posts, read 8,103,690 times

Advertisements

You people keep referring to these people as "illegal".
Most are coming from South America,as refugees and they are seeking asylum.
That is a big difference.
People wanting to come here illegally don't check in at the border.
It's cruel and inhumane what we are doing IMO....either grant them the political asylum and let both parents and children in or reject them the status and send them back out, but don't separate babies and children from their parents. I'm sorry but this reminds me of something like Hitler would have done. This is America...we are better than that...or at least I thought.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:46 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
If you coddle them they will never stop breaking the law.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:46 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah I get that and sending them home is the best if we are going arrest folks for crossing.
Oddly the ill conceived laws and programs of the us fedguv are what lure some some here in the first place. There are welfare schemes to game, a drug war to profit from, education for their children, healthcare in the ER's. Its as if america is rolled over brinks truck and it is daring/tempting people to come grab some, all the while trying to keep them out.
I wonder what the tab will be for all this detention, foster care, jailing, etc? The guv dont mind, it will just print more or just start hollering about border security while the zombies have their wallets drained some more.
And for the ones who come here to work, I have no problem with, just no tax bennies for you!
I see, so if the bank robber entices someone to drive the get-away car they aren't at fault at all for doing so? You have no problem with illegal aliens coming here to work in violation of our immigration and labor laws while reducing wages for Americans and stealing their jobs? Yes, those who hire them are equally guilty but on the other hand no one drags these illegals over the border to work here and they know they are violating our laws by doing so. Quit making them the innocents in all of this.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
You people keep referring to these people as "illegal".
Most are coming from South America,as refugees and they are seeking asylum.
That is a big difference.
People wanting to come here illegally don't check in at the border.
It's cruel and inhumane what we are doing IMO....either grant them the political asylum and let both parents and children in or reject them the status and send them back out, but don't separate babies and children from their parents. I'm sorry but this reminds me of something like Hitler would have done. This is America...we are better than that...or at least I thought.

Please provide a link where legitimate asylum seekers who follow the protocol are being separated from their children at the border. You can't, because it is only those trying to enter illegally with their kids that are being separated. Knock of the Hitler comparisons also.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
The statements of most of the people here make me sick. And I imagine many, if not most, of you consider yourselves "good Christians".

"Deplorable" is too mild a description.

It's un-Christianlike to separate foreign law breakers from their kids but not if it's an American law breaker?

Old 06-15-2018, 03:53 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Protest?
I don't care. Neither does Trump. Not a single one of those protestors ever intend to vote for Trump or any other Republican. So let 'em protest.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:56 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
This horrible policy is supported by LESS THAN 20% of Americans. It is cruel and draconian. ANYONE who supports this policy (and it IS a trump/Sessions policy, it is NOT law) is sick.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:58 PM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
So, if they don't come into the U.S. illegally, then they won't get separated?

Wow, that's an easy problem to solve.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:00 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
The statements of most of the people here make me sick. And I imagine many, if not most, of you consider yourselves "good Christians".

"Deplorable" is too mild a description.
Of course the criminal aliens are using their children as bait, hoping cops wont bust them because they have kids..its really beyond despicable!

Old 06-15-2018, 04:01 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
It is so funny to listen to GOP defend this policy since it is this policy which will help drive voters to the polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies