Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 07:49 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And I call BS on this statement by you.
There you go, calling BS without anything to back up your claim or explain why. Okay, got ya!

Old 06-17-2018, 07:55 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
BS. Parents are not "smuggling children".
How do you know they're the children's parents? Do they have an ID? Passport? Do you realize tens of thousands of children are smuggled across the Southern border every year?

Old 06-17-2018, 07:57 AM

23,978 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
That's exactly what these traitors to our country want.
Nawh, some of want to stop the flow by removing the jobs. I favor jailing any person who hires an illegal.

In my state, multi million dollar fines are just a cost of doing business. Jail will get the attention of employers.

Congress needs to get off their butts and fix this. Green cards and no benefits ever for kids brought here by their families. Send the parents back where they came from. But it must be done now.

And get a social security card that cannot be forged, make e verify work.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:02 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have to wonder, sometimes, at the "open borders" crowd's COMPLETE lack of logic, no?
They will say they are not for open borders, but when presented with the situation, they are unable to explain why or explain what exactly they believe. All they know is that Trump is evil and is racist. The media told them so!

Old 06-17-2018, 08:07 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Still repeating your same old BS? Asylum seekers that show up at a legal port of entry and don't enter illegally are not separated from their kids. Why do you continue with this same old lie over and over in here?
They do that because if they actually told the truth, they'd have to admit they're wrong.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:08 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So what would you propose that we do with these kids, put them in lock up with their parent? What happens when someone else in there harms or kills a kid?

I see plenty of complaining but no solutions, not even hints of a viable solution. I'm not an unreasonable person, if it were me I'd just take their info, photos, etc., yes even DNA(I can already hear the screams), and put it in a data base. Then warn them that the next time they enter illegally they would be charged, and they would be split up with the kids going to a child center in Mexico. Then push them back across the border - family intact. (that is if the adults had only committed the crime of entering this country illegally, if they'd committed another crime while here then they get split and the adult is charged). I would think that would be a common sense and viable solution, but I'm sure it would need to be studied first.

I'd even sign a petition to Trump for a solution that is reasonable and viable, and I believe Trump would want a good solution, too.
What do I propose? That the asylum seekers be treated like they are in the rest of the world and kept together as a family unit until they are processed, not treated as as criminals.

If the reason for detaining the parents is that they don't think they will appear in court then detain the children in the same facility as their parents - or release them with electronic monitoring devices. We release pre trial criminal detainees with ankle bracelets, why not asylum seekers?

Old 06-17-2018, 08:10 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Another BIG FAT LIE. trumpers rarely let facts get in their way.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...te-by-country/
Mexico..... 17.8 births per thousand
US........... 12.5 births per thousand

This is the first time in awhile a never Trumper actually was correct on their facts. You should get a cup cake or something.

I think the the hypocrisy about Mexico is irritating,but people really do need to realize that their birth rates was not what it was in the 60s. All of Latin America is coming close to stabilizing.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:10 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Another BIG FAT LIE. trumpers rarely let facts get in their way.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...te-by-country/
Mexico..... 17.8 births per thousand
US........... 12.5 births per thousand

Speaking of big fat lies. We're discussing births IN THE USA, not Mexico. Funny how they have less children, when they actually have to pay for them.

Are you really that naive?

Old 06-17-2018, 08:12 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I have yet to hear any solution to immigration from the left. They love to claim Trump is a terror and so forth for enforcing the law and proposing a solution to illegal immigration, but so far, I have not heard one single word from the left about what they would do to fix the problem. In fact, they seem hell bent on preserving the status quo, keeping the spigot flowing for cheap labor. If they have a solution, I would love to hear it, but I do feel they do not want to find a solution.

Here is one soution. Any business that hires an illegal gets shut diwn. It is as easy as that.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:13 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
They don't want a solution. They want to turn America into Mexico, and it's working just fine the way things are. Make no mistake, this is a slow, hostile take over of our country and political system. It's a perfect example of why countries need to have borders and enforce immigration laws.
Proposition 13 turned it into Latin America even more than immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies