Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:44 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by bentlebee
Quote:
Wilders did a great job, just like Theo van Gogh. One was murdered because he used his freedom of speech the other has security 24/7.(...)How dare some one compare Wilders with Hitler.
If you dare to say that to me you are one of a kind and probable a person with an huge issue who needs some mental care.
Mod Cut Comparing Theo with Wilders would be like saying that Charlie Chaplin’s movie The great Dictator is an ode to Hitler.
Theo treated the Jews and Christians exactly the same as the Islam, he was an equal opportunity 'insulter' who believed that religion is archaic.
Theo is a humanist atheist and artist, while Wilders is a Catholic and a politician; so Theo is an artist who is for freedom of speech (which is essential to art) while Wilders is only a politician who is against the freedom of speech for the Islam.

Last edited by ontheroad; 03-30-2008 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate response.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:40 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by bentlebee Mod Cut Comparing Theo with Wilders would be like saying that Charlie Chaplin’s movie The great Dictator is an ode to Hitler.
Theo treated the Jews and Christians exactly the same as the Islam, he was an equal opportunity 'insulter' who believed that religion is archaic.
Theo is a humanist atheist and artist, while Wilders is a Catholic and a politician; so Theo is an artist who is for freedom of speech (which is essential to art) while Wilders is only a politician who is against the freedom of speech for the Islam.
That is besides the truth, because Wilders is in favor of muslims who adjust to their new country and respect woman. So better have the facts right before you are bad mouthing Wilders to Americans who have no clue who Theo van Gogh and Wilders are.
Wilders is against the hate part in the Koran as anybody else should be with any religion. In all churches, mosques , temples, etc, there should only be religion preached and not hate. I was thought that if you go to church, temple or whatever institute you prefer you would be learned and told that care for each other would bring people closer. Wilders is against using the holy koran for what it should be used for.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:08 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by bentlebee
Quote:
That is besides the truth, because Wilders is in favor of muslims who adjust to their new country and respect woman.
Hogwash.
If you truly were Dutch you'd know as well as I do that Wilders is a populist who is against all the Islam.
Simply because selling the message that all the Islam are terrorists is easier for the masses to comprehend than admitting that not all the Islam are fanatics. There are 1000s of Islamic people in Europe compared to only a few Islamic extremists.
If Wilders had his way he would've closed every Islamic school and every Islamic Mosque and stop Muslims from immigrating to Holland. So don't pretend that Wilders is only against Islamic extremism.

But maybe this piece of truth is inconvenient for you as the fact that Theo van Gogh often insulted the Jewish religion (and community) as he did the Christians and the Islam?
Quote:
Van Gogh explained a "smell of caramel" by stating that "today they're only burning diabetic Jews". When he was criticized by the Jewish historian Evelien Gans, he wrote in Folia Civitatis magazine: "I suspect that Ms. Gans gets wet dreams about being f***ed by Dr Mengele." He also expressed the wish that she would sue him so that she would have to explain in court why his remarks were false.

Source: Theo van Gogh (film director - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
I bet that the only reason you support Wilders is that it is convenient for you that he is anti-Islam and not just, as you claim, warning Europe against the danger of Islamic extremists. I doubt the Jewish community (all over the world) would support Theo van Gogh, because he is a hardcore anti-religion, so also anti Jewish religion.
It is just convenient for you and Wilders that Theo is killed by a Muslim extremist, but he also could've been killed by other religious or political extremists.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 AM

Franse jood uren mishandeld

http://www.woczuidwest.nl/_media/dod....doc?id=dodenh

CIDI : CIDI in de media - Nederlands Dagblad - 02-05-2002

The moderator asked for proof of Jews being attacked in The Netherlands. I understand this is all in Dutch but these are articles about this issue. The last link is from a hotline on which things are reported. By the way I never reported things as many others I have spoken with. We just stopped wearing necklaces or bracelets with a Star of David or other signs to protect our selfs. I haven't put on al the available links because there are many more and if some one wants to know more about this issue, feel free to call CIDI that is the Centre Information and Documentation on Israel and they have an English website in which they mentions anti semitic incidents.

CIDI - Centrum Informatie en Documentatie Israel - www.cidi.nl (http://www.cidi.nl/index-en.html - broken link) (english!!!!)

Old 03-31-2008, 09:10 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
IMO - the move to eliminate Muslims from the Netherlands is appropriate -

Old 03-31-2008, 09:13 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by bentlebeeHogwash.
If you truly were Dutch you'd know as well as I do that Wilders is a populist who is against all the Islam.
Simply because selling the message that all the Islam are terrorists is easier for the masses to comprehend than admitting that not all the Islam are fanatics. There are 1000s of Islamic people in Europe compared to only a few Islamic extremists.
If Wilders had his way he would've closed every Islamic school and every Islamic Mosque and stop Muslims from immigrating to Holland. So don't pretend that Wilders is only against Islamic extremism.

But maybe this piece of truth is inconvenient for you as the fact that Theo van Gogh often insulted the Jewish religion (and community) as he did the Christians and the Islam?
I bet that the only reason you support Wilders is that it is convenient for you that he is anti-Islam and not just, as you claim, warning Europe against the danger of Islamic extremists. I doubt the Jewish community (all over the world) would support Theo van Gogh, because he is a hardcore anti-religion, so also anti Jewish religion.
It is just convenient for you and Wilders that Theo is killed by a Muslim extremist, but he also could've been killed by other religious or political extremists.
Theo van Gogh could have been killed by other religious or political extremists? What other group has been to known to kill people who insult their beliefs? Baptists? Perhaps the Mormons? Ah, of course Catholics, but that was five hundred years ago.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
IMO - the move to eliminate Muslims from the Netherlands is appropriate -
Only the extremists who are trying get people to commit terrorist attacks. The good ones can stay and by the way all the criminals among them and the once who don't want to work can leave too. Should solve at least 200.000 having to leave. The netherlands has a population of 17 mil. people and 1 mil. of them are muslims who came to Holland over the last 20 years. On top of that we have hundreds of thousands mulims who are illigal in the Country similar to the illegal problem in the USA, the only difference is that most illegal aliens in the USA have work, the once in Holland go and live a life of crime.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Theo van Gogh could have been killed by other religious or political extremists? What other group has been to known to kill people who insult their beliefs? Baptists? Perhaps the Mormons? Ah, of course Catholics, but that was five hundred years ago.
Exactly no other group is "famous" for killing people of another religion, murderers are in every country but this group kills if people have other believes, not the regular (so for the word regular, I didn't know how to describe them) muslims, but there is a large group of extremists and most people are too scared to say what Wilders does. You have to understand that Wilders is a member of parlement and chosen by the people of Holland and Wilders lives 24/7 with security and is moving from place to place so he won't be every night in the same house, just to stay alive and that is not because of this short movie. That is going on for years now. Also another politician who happens to be a woman and a muslim and who came up for women muslim rights is getting 24/7 security and her live is in danger. Her name is Hirsch Ali and now another muslim who is in politics is stating he thinks what Wilders is doing is right and he needs to have security because of death treats, and he is right now making a cartoon movie about the muslim religion. So this is going on for years and The netherlands is just one of many countries with the muslim issues. Spains population has increased so much that muslims are the majority and the same criminal and not willing to work for money issues. France had the cars burning in the street just because the police arrested a muslim for vandalism and hundreds of cars went up in flames. All info about this issue is to be find on google, so these are facts, not bad mouthing.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Exactly no other group is "famous" for killing people of another religion, murderers are in every country but this group kills if people have other believes, not the regular (so for the word regular, I didn't know how to describe them) muslims, but there is a large group of extremists and most people are too scared to say what Wilders does. You have to understand that Wilders is a member of parlement and chosen by the people of Holland and Wilders lives 24/7 with security and is moving from place to place so he won't be every night in the same house, just to stay alive and that is not because of this short movie. That is going on for years now. Also another politician who happens to be a woman and a muslim and who came up for women muslim rights is getting 24/7 security and her live is in danger. Her name is Hirsch Ali and now another muslim who is in politics is stating he thinks what Wilders is doing is right and he needs to have security because of death treats, and he is right now making a cartoon movie about the muslim religion. So this is going on for years and The netherlands is just one of many countries with the muslim issues. Spains population has increased so much that muslims are the majority and the same criminal and not willing to work for money issues. France had the cars burning in the street just because the police arrested a muslim for vandalism and hundreds of cars went up in flames. All info about this issue is to be find on google, so these are facts, not bad mouthing.
Is Hirsch Ali a younger woman who emigrated from Northern Africa? If it is, I believe I read a newstory about her some time ago.......doesn't she try to educate Muslim women that they do not have to put up with arranged marriages, beatings, and honor killings and has set up shelters for those seeking a way out? A brave brave woman.....

Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Is Hirsch Ali a younger woman who emigrated from Northern Africa? If it is, I believe I read a newstory about her some time ago.......doesn't she try to educate Muslim women that they do not have to put up with arranged marriages, beatings, and honor killings and has set up shelters for those seeking a way out? A brave brave woman.....
That is her. She got a job in the USA but went back to Holland because the Dutch government wouldn't pay for her security over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies