Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:09 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

Just read what I just put up from the Fox News website about the imam in England.

We are not living in the Marx time anymore so I won't go into that.

Some people just want to believe what they say. You are one of them, and I start to believ what your background is...... I also have the feeling that you come on this forum to sabotage the real facts, which I have put proof on this forum by links to websites so others can read.

This is an American forum not a Dutch so I want keep on going to tell American's what is going on in Holland and I think they understand. IMO they have enough to deal with in this Country and I only wanted to let them know what hate preaching can be leading to. If they want more info they will probable ask for it as they have done.
If TrickyD has such an issues with Wilders, go on Dutch blogs and fight it off over there. There are many who disagree with you, so you can spend a lot of time over there.

Please don't respond to my blogs anymore, I will ignore you too, I'm happy to do so.

Maybe the moderator can close this thread. IMO all has been sad and I didn't put up this thread to be attacked on facts, but wanted people to decide for them self. Every one is entitled to have their own opinion but this is not leading anywhere anymore. Sad....

Last edited by bentlebee; 04-02-2008 at 04:33 AM..

Old 04-02-2008, 06:40 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Originally Posted by bentlebee
Quote:
If TrickyD has such an issues with Wilders, go on Dutch blogs and fight it off over there. There are many who disagree with you, so you can spend a lot of time over there.
If in America you only have freedom of speech when you agree with the majority or in this case the Americans, there can be no freedom of speech in America.
As long as I tell the truth and do not advocate hate I find nothing wrong with my opinion/postings on CD.
I admit that I do not like Wilders, simply because he uses propaganda like his anti-Islam movie Fitna.
But because of the coming of this movie many religious organisations in Holland have started a dialogue with each other on how to combat racism and propaganda.
So I guess Wilders has done the Dutch (and maybe even the world) a great service by showing who the real threat is.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:31 AM

9 posts, read 13,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by bentlebeeIf in America you only have freedom of speech when you agree with the majority or in this case the Americans, there can be no freedom of speech in America.
As long as I tell the truth and do not advocate hate I find nothing wrong with my opinion/postings on CD.
I admit that I do not like Wilders, simply because he uses propaganda like his anti-Islam movie Fitna.
But because of the coming of this movie many religious organisations in Holland have started a dialogue with each other on how to combat racism and propaganda.
So I guess Wilders has done the Dutch (and maybe even the world) a great service by showing who the real threat is.
Tricky: right or left? Doesn't really matter in this discussion. Karl Marx? Another thread please. Wilders? His exact motivations? Not important.

However, mr. Wilders is a guy who does have the gut to stand up and speak out about a real issue that threatens the very existence of countries like the Netherlands. Does he start fires? I would say yes. Give that man a cigar! Does he walk away? No. I'm sure his life's in danger every moment of the day (just look to van Gogh).

Tricky also: please don't make foolish comments on a country (USA) that you actually don't know enough about to make sense. I do know the Netherlands, because I've been there many times and have lived there. The Netherlands (and a lot of other European countries) are on the wrong track with the muslims. That is very sad and unfortunate, because hopefully the Americans won't have to save you all again, just like they did in WW ll.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by pascobrother62
Quote:
The Netherlands (and a lot of other European countries) are on the wrong track with the muslims.
That is your opinion which is not mine.
But at least the majority of the Dutch find racial profiling and saying that people are guilty until proven innocent undemocratic. This behaviour simply reeks to much of how the Nazis handled their 'Jewish problem.'
We will not allow this to happen again within our Dutch borders.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascobrother62 View Post
Tricky: right or left? Doesn't really matter in this discussion. Karl Marx? Another thread please. Wilders? His exact motivations? Not important.

However, mr. Wilders is a guy who does have the gut to stand up and speak out about a real issue that threatens the very existence of countries like the Netherlands. Does he start fires? I would say yes. Give that man a cigar! Does he walk away? No. I'm sure his life's in danger every moment of the day (just look to van Gogh).

Tricky also: please don't make foolish comments on a country (USA) that you actually don't know enough about to make sense. I do know the Netherlands, because I've been there many times and have lived there. The Netherlands (and a lot of other European countries) are on the wrong track with the muslims. That is very sad and unfortunate, because hopefully the Americans won't have to save you all again, just like they did in WW ll.
I'm greatful everyday for Americans who gave us all our freedom back and I feel I owe them for saving a part of my family and having to deal with their loses. Many gave their life so me and other could even been born.

Just today a rapper (muslim) was arrested for threatening Wilders for making the movie. Ironicly the rapper had made a record months ago before seeing the movie, about "who is going to be next"( refering to the murder of Theo van Gogh), "If a see you it will be bam, bam" (refering to gun shots). That is a song!!! That is allowed, guess not he is arrested and his lawyer went to the police station to report Wilders of comiting hate crimes, on behalf of 14 mulsims. That is a lawyer? Similar to the lawyer in England in the Fox News story. I just want to show you with these facts how big the issue is and if America acknoledge the issue as big as it is in Europe, it will be here an issue in years.
When Bush was abroad and his image was put on fire or the flag, that didn't have so much to do with him as a person, although they hate him (like Wilders) for stepping up and taking action against terrorist. Americans should know that these extremists not only hate Jews, gay people but also Americans.

Last edited by bentlebee; 04-02-2008 at 08:32 AM..

Old 04-02-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascobrother62
That is your opinion which is not mine.
But at least the majority of the Dutch find racial profiling and saying that people are guilty until proven innocent undemocratic. This behaviour simply reeks to much of how the Nazis handled their 'Jewish problem.'
We will not allow this to happen again within our Dutch borders.
You are for sure not resembling the Dutch majority. I know Americans are smart enough to read papers and watch the news.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
You are for sure not resembling the Dutch majority.
Luckily you are not the majority of the Dutch Jewish people, or even the Dutch people.

Quote:
I know Americans are smart enough to read papers and watch the news.
I doubt most Americans believe that their big networks are unbiased.
Only the (American) internet news still seems to be independent.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You are for sure not resembling the Dutch majority.
Thank you for that clarification. I was actually worried that TD was atypical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I know Americans are smart enough to read papers and watch the news.
You are correct - and, Americans don't usually accept only one source for their informaiton - it comes from a wide variety of sources: Print media (newspapers, news type magazines etc), audio media (talk shows), and visual media (Television) and electronic (Internet sources).

I appreciate your comments

Old 04-02-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee Luckily you are not the majority of the Dutch Jewish people, or even the Dutch people.

I doubt most Americans believe that their big networks are unbiased.
Only the (American) internet news still seems to be independent.

In the Netherlands most people can only receive CNN European, so for Dutch people to understand what is going on here is very hard. I learned about that being here for many years and understand that if you don't read about it on a daily base or watch different news chanels, we know this is because of a lack of knowledge.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
In the Netherlands most people can only receive CNN European, so for Dutch people to understand what is going on here is very hard.
LoL Most Islamic Dutch have a satellite dish to receive programs from their native country, so many native Dutch people also bought a satellite dish simply because their Islamic neighbour had 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies