Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:20 AM

9 posts, read 13,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by pascobrother62 The Dutch used to fear the Islam for the same reason the American fear illegal Mexican immigrants. The Nazis would hate the Islam for the same reason they hate Jews; they are not Arian. But they probably would hate the Jews more than the other 'inferior' races, because Jews can pass for German (white people), while most Islamic people can't.
Racism and fascism is always about ethnicity and ignorance.
Racists always 'solve' their problems with simplifying the solution: close the borders because it is the stranger's (read: the easiest identifiable minority's) fault. See Wilders, McCarthy, Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin etc.
There are multiple people in the US speaking out against the war (including the Hollywood stars). Why? because there is freedom of speech here, unlike the Netherlands where the Dutch are too afraid to express themselves (led by the government), afraid as they are of repercussions against them from extremist muslims.

I saw Ayaan Hirsi Ali on tv last night. What a wonderful, admirable woman she is. Despite the threads of being murdered by these extremist, she still speaks out against the 'backwarded' culture of extreme islamist muslims. Hats off!

Tricky, you are trying to turn around the facts; it is the extremist muslims who are the racists, not the Americans nor the Jews. They allow different thinkers amongst them. They live in free societies. It is the extremist muslims who want to drive the Israelis into the sea, who want to kill innocent Americans and who don't allow any different religions or opinions next to their own.

Did you see the hamas showing little kids on tv using little puppets stabbing George W Bush to death with a knife? Imagine the western world showing stuff like that on tv against a muslim; Probably half of Europe would be up in flames right now.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:43 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by camping!Because assimilation is not the same as integration.

Originally Posted by bentlebeeNope I don't have satellite TV, nor do I want it.
Unlike most people I do not believe that quantity is quality.

Why aren't (moderate) Christian Americans protesting the war in Iraq since America invaded it on false information?
Are they afraid to be seen as unpatriotic?
Or are Americans generally afraid of going against the opinion of the majority? Or don’t they simply just don’t care if their government’s reason to invade was morally wrong?
Besidez, if you still lived in Holland you would've seen 1st hand that many moderate Muslims are just as afraid of the extreme Islam as the non Islamic Dutch.
Correction Ayaan is not a practicing Muslim anymore, she only considers herself to be raised a Muslim, otherwise she would have to consider herself 'retarded.'
What I find funny about Ayaan is that she entered the Netherlands under a false identity and that her own party member of the liberal VVD was investigating if Ayaan could keep her Dutch citizenship.
This might be the reason why she went to America, to not become politically embarrassed.
Not only did Ayaan lie about her name, she also lied about her age and fabricated a story to become accepted as a refugee in the Netherlands.

Source: Drs. A. Hirsi Ali - Parlement & Politiek
Integrated or assimiliated, neither is being done.
Americans have and will continue to protest the war in Iraq. Perhaps you were unaware of this since when people in the US protest (or any other western country) there is a lack of death threats, promises of jihad and burning world leaders in effigy. We're kinda funny in that way.....
Muslims afraid of other muslims, yet we (the infidels) are supposed to be not at all concerned about the death threats and promises of further jihad against us. To be worried is, apparently, to be rascist and xenophobic.
Has Hirsi Ali lied about the the lives of muslim girls and women? Has she lied about beatings, honor killings and the lack of any type of personal freedom? No. Whether she is still muslim or not is irrelevant to the facts of what muslims do in the name of their religion or culture.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:03 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,228,825 times
Originally Posted by pascobrother62
Quote:
Why? because there is freedom of speech here, unlike the Netherlands where the Dutch are too afraid to express themselves (led by the government), afraid as they are of repercussions against them from extremist muslims.
There are many (Muslim) columnists and (gay Muslim) liberal politicians in Holland who still critique the Qu'ran , but unlike your Hollywood movie stars the Dutch politicians and columnists know what they are talking about.

Quote:
Tricky, you are trying to turn around the facts; it is the extremist muslims who are the racists, not the Americans nor the Jews.
I don't turn around anything, Americans and Jews are just as extremist or racist as the extreme Islam.
I see no difference between an Israeli soldier, a Palestinian suicide bomber or an American soldier; they all obey orders and / or ideologies without questioning if these orders might be morally wrong.

Quote:
Did you see the hamas showing little kids on tv using little puppets stabbing George W Bush to death with a knife?
I don't see the use of comparing atrocities, I find them all sad.

Quote:
Imagine the western world showing stuff like that on tv against a muslim; Probably half of Europe would be up in flames right now.
So? Americans cry out for every American soldier who falls in Iraq, but this the American government's own fault. Iraq did not declare on America, nor did America have a legitimate reason to invade Iraq.
Like Wilders the American government, at least regarding the war in Iraq, are political pyromaniacs and then get upset when someone complains that you set their house own fire.

Originally Posted by bentlebee
Quote:
Since you don't live here and can't even answer the question "are you an islamic Dutch?",
What the heck are you talking about, I already had answered with nope.
I am not a Islamic Dutch, nor am I Dutch Jewish or Dutch Christian (although I consider myself a follower of Jesus).

Quote:
Pim Fortuyn had a lot of charisma and the Dutch people loved him and it was a sad time when he was murdered. For Wilders to step up and know what he is up against should be seen as a hero act.
I agree that Fortuijn is a better politician than Wilders.
At least Fortuijn wants to debate while Wilders only wants to spew out his garbage and call everyone but himself a liar. Wilders, unlike Fortuijn who at least was honest which I respect, is not willing to play by the same rules he holds others.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:19 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Why was the debat in the government this week which Wilders attended.
If you don't see the difference between an American soldier, an Israeli soldier or a suicide bomber, than you are mental.

I have a family member who was in the Israeli army and faced these young kids throwing stones at them and shooting with guns at them. These kids are elementary school kids, very young. Have you ever imagined how hard it is for soldiers to deal with kids on the other side who are shooting at them? Still you want to live and see a kid who is brain washed on the other side.... you probable don't understand but I'm glad you are defitnately not a Dutch person who can give a decent answer or have a reasonable discussion. Only extremists react like this. Look in the Dutch newspaper at the comments, 80% is not reflecting what you are saying. At least that is still hopeful.
By the way suicide bombers are not suicide bombers but homicide bombers!!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
If you don't see the difference between an American soldier, an Israeli soldier or a suicide bomber, than you are mental.
So everyone who disagrees with you is mental? No wonder you fled out of the Netherlands.

Quote:
These kids are elementary school kids, very young. Have you ever imagined how hard it is for soldiers to deal with kids on the other side who are shooting at them?
Have you ever imagined why these kids throw stones at Israeli soldiers? And yet most Israeli soldiers still shoot rubber bullets at them.
I guess these kids are no David while most Israeli soldiers truly are Goliaths, especially compared to these children.

Quote:
Still you want to live and see a kid who is brain washed on the other side.... you probable don't understand but I'm glad you are defitnately not a Dutch person who can give a decent answer or have a reasonable discussion.
You are naive if you are sure that you aren't brainwashed. Most people who are successfully brainwashed have no idea that they are brainwashed anyway.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:44 AM

I didn't flee I'm here legal and can go back anytime. One thing I still don't understand is why you are writing on an American forum? Just to vent your extreme thoughts maybe?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:47 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I didn't flee I'm here legal and can go back anytime. One thing I still don't understand is why you are writing on an American forum? Just to vent your extreme thoughts maybe?
Perhaps he's afraid to post something on a Dutch forum which might offend muslims.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Perhaps he's afraid to post something on a Dutch forum which might offend muslims.
The way he talks?

I do think he doesn't like to write or being noticed and maybe you are right, he feels more safe to insult Americans.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:52 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The way he talks?

I do think he doesn't like to write or being noticed and maybe you are right, he feels more safe to insult Americans.
But only at his safe keyboard. Never to their face.

Or perhaps he has and this is his revenge....?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I didn't flee I'm here legal and can go back anytime.
I consider leaving Holland because you are afraid fleeing.

Quote:
Wait, so now you are saying that people are not free to insult others?
So you are agreeing with me that Muslims have the right to feel insulted by Wilders' movie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies