Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 12:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And again, who said arm all students?

I agree, no matter how many guns there are if you surprise someone of course...

Just this week a school shooter was shot by an SRO...did you even hear about that?
This happened in Dixon, Il, 100 miles West of Chicago.

Shooter is 19 and had been expelled from school. He brought his mother's 9 mm semi automatic to the school and started shooting at walls and ceiling. SRO engaged in gunfire with him and nailed him. The shooter was the only one injured.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:26 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
11 grade

Honor student

JV football hero

Wonder where he got the guns.

Interesting...I thought the majority of kids that commit these acts had social or mental issues ? I remember reading that in this thread somewhere......

Old 05-18-2018, 12:28 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Mental illness is a disease of the brain. It is not the result of a lack of religious teaching in schools. If you all are so interested in teaching your kids about God, step up to the plate and teach them yourselves. Nobody is preventing you from doing so. It is not up to a teacher to instruct your kids about God. That is up to the parents and the church.

What is the common factor in all of these mass shootings? I mean besides the guns. It's mental illness. As long as funding is cut, treatment will be inadequate. As long as we stigmatize the mentally ill, then treatment will be nonexistent. You can't just ignore this disease away.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Shooter had an AR-15 a shotgun and pipe bombs

"The gunman who killed at least nine people at a Texas high school Friday made a “bloody mess” with an AR-15-style rifle, a pistol, a shotgun and pipe bombs, according to a new report. “Officers inside encountered a bloody mess in the school,” a senior law enforcement official told the Houston Chronicle. “Evidently this guy threw pipe bombs all in there. We don’t know if any of them went off.” https://nypost.com/2018/05/18/texas-...nd-pipe-bombs/
Reportedly he was into neo- Nazi websites.

He hid his guns under a trench coat- echoes of Columbine.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 05-18-2018 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-18-2018, 12:29 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I guess the pursuit of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness took a back seat to the 2nd. Amendment to those 10 people today.
Guns over lives.
the mental perps, also had pressure cooker bombs....

should we ban pressure cookers and their cousin the crockpot too

what is it with the fascist liberals that all they want to do is BAN, BAN, BAN, oh that's right, the liberals the party of hate and anti-freedom

Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
Quote:
A school shooting was incomprehensible when I was in high school.

Seems to me the greatest change has been the internet/ social media and the propensity for self radicalization.

So many of these mass shooters idolize mass shooters who came before and seek to best prior records. Heck, the Parkland shooter chose to commemorate the birthday of one of the Columbine shooters by shooting up a school.

Wake up a nobody. Shoot up a school and suddenly you are world famous and an inspiration to the next mass shooter.

Reportedly this shooter pulled a fire alarm just as the Parkland shooter did to compel students to run into the halls and out the doors. Maybe this shooter intended to blend in and run with the rest of the students.
I am quoting you because your words deserve to be written again.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:31 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
This happened in Dixon, Il, 100 miles West of Chicago.

Shooter is 19 and had been expelled from school. He brought his mother's 9 mm semi automatic to the school and started shooting at walls and ceiling. SRO engaged in gunfire with him and nailed him. The shooter was the only one injured.

So, it's not a school shooting?

Old 05-18-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
A school shooting was incomprehensible when I was in high school.

Seems to me the greatest change has been the internet/ social media and the propensity for self radicalization.

So many of these mass shooters idolize mass shooters who came before and seek to best prior records. Heck, the Parkland shooter chose to commemorate the birthday of one of the Columbine shooters by shooting up a school.

Wake up a nobody. Shoot up a school and suddenly you are world famous and an inspiration to the next mass shooter.

Reportedly this shooter pulled a fire alarm just as the Parkland shooter did to compel students to run into the halls and out the doors. Maybe this shooter intended to blend in and run with the rest of the students.
yet it is part of the liberal mantra...I HAVE to get my 15 minutes of fame or I am worthless

Old 05-18-2018, 12:34 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting...I thought the majority of kids that commit these acts had social or mental issues ? I remember reading that in this thread somewhere......
Anyone that commits these types of crimes obviously has mental issues. You don't need a degree in psychology to figure that out.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
EVERYONE of the shooters during the last decade have had some mental issues...and many had MAJOR mental issues, and should have been institutionalized, but institutionalizing the mentally ill isn't PC in the liberals eyes...we should just give then a hug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies