Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 05:50 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,090,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It also sounds like a joke, or at least it did when I wrote it.
Fair enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 06:22 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,222 times
I think guns are terrible and would never own one! I'm all for banning them, but I want to keep my armed guards for now until all the little people turn in their guns.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:26 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
Yes, but the deep staters will continue to scratch their red baboon asses and try to think up a way to have guns banned.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:27 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times
Quote:
Meh, forget John Wayne. Get one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCr8QSGYss

Never was much of a Duke fan...

Old 06-17-2018, 06:30 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Fair enough.
Of course it was a joke. I'm glad you accept that.

The thing is, it was a joke with a point. Not all liberals want to do away with the Second Amendment. I don't personally know any who do, but to hear some people here talk, about the only way a liberal can prove they are okay with the Second is to show off their gun collection. The fact that some would probably then accuse them of being would-be criminals is fodder for another discussion, I guess.

I do think there are people who shouldn't own a firearm, just like I think there are people who shouldn't have children, own a pet, or drive a car. Don't you?

Old 06-17-2018, 10:42 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,112,559 times
Quote:
Oh, good grief. I don't have a gun, but I think I might get one, just so I can wave it around in the face of the next person who claims that the evil liberals want to disarm everyone.
Go back and read post 35, if you don't believe that liberals want to disarm everyone.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Go back and read post 35, if you don't believe that liberals want to disarm everyone.
Oh yes, ultimately this is the goal, (of course law enforcement and military will be conveniently exempt!).

The problem is, the more mass shootings that happen, the more and more people that allow their minds to be changed on owning guns and gun laws in general, its all about the numbers.

I hear lots of people claim they would never turn in their guns, but I dont believe thats true for everyone, I think there would be MANY that sit down and OBEY anything they are told to do, people today have lost a good bit of that patriotic spirit, more concerned with the possible negatives, like getting arrested, going to jail, loosing job, income, family, home, labelled as a domestic terrorist, etc etc.

A good example, I know a guy who 'talks tough', he always said if someone broke into his house or stole anything from him, he wouldnt call police, he would serve them 'justice' on his own...well, a few months ago, his house was broken into and he had some valuables stolen...calling police was the first thing he did!! He also claims Govt would have to take his guns from his cold dead hands, but I really doubt that, I think he would give them up within the first couple days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies