Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 05:00 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I suppose losing 17 of your classmates might make a kid "hostile."
If only Hogg and that other girl hadn't bullied the shooter, maybe their classmates wouldn't have died in the first place. And maybe if we didn't have that Obama PROMISE program around, they wouldn't have either. And maybe if the Broward Cowards had actually gone into the building, fewer people would have died. And maybe if his dad's job, the now DISGRACED FBI, hadn't dropped the ball over and over, we could have stopped the shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 05:02 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
If only Hogg and that other girl hadn't bullied the shooter, maybe their classmates wouldn't have died in the first place. And maybe if we didn't have that Obama PROMISE program around, they wouldn't have either. And maybe if the Broward Cowards had actually gone into the building, fewer people would have died. And maybe if his dad's job, the now DISGRACED FBI, hadn't dropped the ball over and over, we could have stopped the shooting.
And maybe if so many people didn't have such easy access to so many guns.............

It's funny how guns never are part of the dialogue.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I love how triggered the right is by this kid. He's speaking a truth that a majority of Americans have been feeling since these mass slaughters have become so regular and routine.

That's why he's effective.

And he is effective, or you wouldn't be whining about him so much.
Not triggered but sickened by how he is being used by grown adults trying to further their own political agenda.

Hogg probably thinks he's an important figure in this whole discussion, but really he's just a convenience. He is not being used for his intelligence or insight on the discussion, but for the shock factor of him being a kid, and how we should all be able to relate.. blah blah blah.

Not falling for it.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:16 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,699 times
Unfortunately for Camera Hogg, I can name names too:

Companies Leaving the NRA after Parkland Shooting or that changed their policies on guns for the worse:

Alamo
Avis
Budget
Delta Air Lines
DICK’s Sporting Goods
Dollar Rent A Car
Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Hertz
Kroger
L.L. Bean
MetLife
National Car Rental
REI
Symantec
Thrifty Car Rental
United Airlines
Walmart
Allied Van Lines
Chubb
First National Bank of Omaha
North American Van Lines
SimpliSafe
Starkey Hearing Technologies
The Mountain Equipment Co-op
TrueCar
Youtube
Citigroup
BlackRock
Bank of America
Amalgamated Bank
JPMorgan Chase & Co
Yeti Coolers
RPM Development Group
Publix (in their case, they caved to the Hogg and dropped support for the pro-NRA governor, rather than limiting gun purchases or pulling NRA support.)

March for Our Lives Supporters:

Lyft
Bus.com
Aaron Levie, the founder of Box
Aetna
the cast of Modern Family
Encore.org
Gucci
Bumble
Viacom
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff
Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr
BroadwayHD
Metropolitan Shuttle
Head Count
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
Ben & Jerry’s
Smith College
Pace University
Claremont School of Theology
The Bird and The Pig
Chef José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup
Raresweets
Ventnor Sports Cafe
DoubleDutch
Southwest Airlines
Marriott
Tumblr
MTV
CT Corporation System
American Eagle
Univision
CREDO Mobile
Shutterfly
Miami Dolphins
Delta Airlines
New England Patriots

The View Advertisers:

Clorox
Gerber
Oreo
HomeAdvisor
Trivago
Procter & Gamble
Downy
Pampers
Nutro Dog Food
Trident
Chili’s
Progressive
Dove
Safelite

Southern Poverty Law Center Donors:

Abbott Laboratories
Apple
Bank of America
Charles Schwab
Deutsche Bank
Disney
Freddie Mac
JPMorgan Chase
Kraft Heinz
Liberty Mutual
Lyft
MGM
Newman’s Own
Pfizer
Progressive Insurance
Shell
Verizon

Old 06-19-2018, 05:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Who listens to AM radio anymore anyway? I thought that went the way of the WWII vets and people of that age group. The last time I ever listened to AM was WABC 77 New York with Cousin Brucie and the top 40 on my little 6 transistor radio back in the 60's. The sound quality of AM radio stinks to the high heavens! It would annoy me as much as the RWNJs that appear to dominate its airwaves. I'll stick to FM!

Old 06-19-2018, 05:19 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
If it wasn’t for the shooting it is doubtful this young man would be known nationwide. He can use his platform anyway he likes for whatever issues he wants

Sure, but what's it called if you go after someone because you don't like what they are doing? At least those like me, tried to make the point, he has no clue what he was talking about....and now that he had his few minutes of fame.....he had to come back because nobody - nobody was listening to him...

Old 06-19-2018, 05:20 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
And maybe if so many people didn't have such easy access to so many guns.............

funny how liberals refuse to look at the real issue of mental illness

Old 06-19-2018, 05:21 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Who listens to AM radio anymore anyway? I thought that went the way of the WWII vets and people of that age group. The last time I ever listened to AM was WABC 77 New York with Cousin Brucie and the top 40 on my little 6 transistor radio back in the 60's. The sound quality of AM radio stinks to the high heavens! It would annoy me as much as the RWNJs that appear to dominate its airwaves. I'll stick to FM!
uhm Cousin Brucie was/is on wcbs 101.1 fm .. the oldies channel

not sure if he is still on.. he is way up there in age... my mother served with him in the air force, and mom is in her 80's

Old 06-19-2018, 05:25 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

Hey, maybe if the police would have done their job, oh I don't know, 35+ times prior, they could have stopped cruz....but you know, having an arrest record would make it hard on those school kids tget a job after they graduate.....

Quote:
According to CNN, which obtained documentation, police responded 39 times to emergency calls at Cruz’s home over a seven-year period. The codes included “mentally ill person,” “child/elderly abuse,” “domestic disturbance,” “missing person,” among others, CNN reports.

I know, I know....facts....

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...orida-shooting

Old 06-19-2018, 05:26 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Do you like capitalism?

No one is forcing anybody to boycott anything. People are using their wallets to express their views. If you like capitalism, you should be all for this.

What you're really pissed off about is that it worked, because Hogg caused a number of advertisers to pull their business from Fox. Good for him.
I’m pissed that people can’t handle differing opinions. And because they disagree, they want to shut it down so no one else can hear it. I can disagree without wanting to shut it down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies