Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:43 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger
If only Hogg and that other girl hadn't bullied the shooter, maybe their classmates wouldn't have died in the first place. And maybe if we didn't have that Obama PROMISE program around, they wouldn't have either. And maybe if the Broward Cowards had actually gone into the building, fewer people would have died. And maybe if his dad's job, the now DISGRACED FBI, hadn't dropped the ball over and over, we could have stopped the shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And maybe if so many people didn't have such easy access to so many guns.............

It's funny how guns never are part of the dialogue.

Do you have any comments regarding MongooseHugger's points?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 07:45 PM

672 posts, read 256,455 times
Quote:
It's an issue he feels strongly about, because it touched him personally. And it's an issue that gets nothing but lip service, slaughter after slaughter after slaughter. What would you prefer, that he mouths the usual rhetorical "thoughts and prayers" crap instead, the way our useless lawmakers continue to do?

Change happens when people care enough to MAKE it happen. Here's a young man who is not apathetic, not sitting at home playing video games or wasting his time on social media, but who cares enough to put himself out there, get involved, and try to be the change he wants to see.

We should be applauding that kind of engagement from our young people. Instead we have adults attacking him. That tells you how far down the tubes this country has gone.
^^^
x 1,000

Old 06-19-2018, 09:40 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
It's an issue he feels strongly about, because it touched him personally. And it's an issue that gets nothing but lip service, slaughter after slaughter after slaughter. What would you prefer, that he mouths the usual rhetorical "thoughts and prayers" crap instead, the way our useless lawmakers continue to do?

Change happens when people care enough to MAKE it happen. Here's a young man who is not apathetic, not sitting at home playing video games or wasting his time on social media, but who cares enough to put himself out there, get involved, and try to be the change he wants to see.

We should be applauding that kind of engagement from our young people. Instead we have adults attacking him. That tells you how far down the tubes this country has gone.
Laura Ingraham is not the NRA. He just doesn’t like her opinions so he wants to pressure advertisers to cancel so her show will be canceled. What does that have to do with a mass shooting? I have a problem with him being a little b**** who can’t handle criticism. If he wants to go after politicians that’s fine, but this is ridiculous.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:43 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
I admire David Hogg. He’s only 18 and never asked to be in the spotlight. But going through the Parkland shooting changed him. I think all people change after going through a traumatic experience. He has chosen to become an outspoken activist. Nothing wrong with that. It means he cares about our country. And he’s not afraid to go up against anyone. We need more like him. I did love his tweet to Ingram saying remember me lol. Sorry but he’s not going away

Old 06-19-2018, 09:45 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qartaxin View Post
I am suspicious as to why he didn't go after the FBI but Laura Ingraham did in fact attack him in a pretty nasty way which is wrong considering he had just experienced a traumatic event.
When you’re in the public domain, you will get criticism. I thought what she said was stupid, but tame compared to what other people have said to them. He got a little power trip with his earlier boycott and needed to do something outrageous enough to get headlines again, so he went back to that well.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:46 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I admire David Hogg. He’s only 18 and never asked to be in the spotlight. But going through the Parkland shooting changed him. I think all people change after going through a traumatic experience. He has chosen to become an outspoken activist. Nothing wrong with that. It means he cares about our country. And he’s not afraid to go up against anyone. We need more like him. I did love his tweet to Ingram saying remember me lol. Sorry but he’s not going away
He didn't ask, he begged, pleaded and demanded to be in the spotlight. He went around back and snuck in to be in the spotlight and when the American people turned it off he moved to Twitter and tried to create his own spotlight. He's a little attention *****.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
Quote:

plus he making a killer paycheck, I bet 100k a month

Old 06-19-2018, 09:52 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
This little Nazi Hogg should get off the anti gun kick and go to the border and protest for illegals. That's the leftist protest du jour.
Aww... wittle 19yo got your goat, huh? *sniff*

Old 06-19-2018, 10:03 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He didn't ask, he begged, pleaded and demanded to be in the spotlight. He went around back and snuck in to be in the spotlight and when the American people turned it off he moved to Twitter and tried to create his own spotlight. He's a little attention *****.
Aw you only say that because he’s an 18 year old trying to make a change. This is our next generation and they are tired of our government and policies. He’s trying to make people aware and bring attention to what’s wrong in our country. Someone in that generation has to start it whether you like it or not. So just keep insulting him I guess if it makes you feel better.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Do you like capitalism?

No one is forcing anybody to boycott anything. People are using their wallets to express their views. If you like capitalism, you should be all for this.

What you're really pissed off about is that it worked, because Hogg caused a number of advertisers to pull their business from Fox. Good for him.
You have a strange definition of capitalism. Harassing companies into dropping who they advertise with is not capitalism. People didn't stop buying their products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies