Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:21 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Drama much I never said it was the entire on the NRA but they have dirty hands for sure.

Sure you did, this is your quote.....yes?

Quote:
Oh please the NRA hands are bloody with all the mass shootings.

Quote:
Sensible isn’t something the NR A will consider.

What's sensible to you, do you have the same "thinking" as feinstein?

But, have you heard of the 4473, what about "wait" periods....back ground checks, and the other "sensible" laws that have already been implemented....

Quote:
They are worried any regulations will end in an overturning of all gun rights. Which is in fact bs

See, quote above...

Quote:
Mental illness needs to be addressed but trump likes to pull the plug on any efforts to help there

Oh, the obama effort that was never implemented? That effort....

You're kinda acting like hogg....not really sure what you're talking about....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:24 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I’m pissed that people can’t handle differing opinions. And because they disagree, they want to shut it down so no one else can hear it. I can disagree without wanting to shut it down.

Cannot agree more....

Old 06-19-2018, 06:26 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
My question is why do people listen to him?

He's a kid.
He's a nobody.
He has done nothing.

And who the heck is Laura INgrahan??

Didn't Joan of Arc lead many battles against the English as a teenager? And what about such and such pro-conservative videos on YouTube saying "13 Year Old SCHOOLS Liberal Lawmakers on [insert hot-potato issue here]!!!!"

I suppose I can reject both Joan of Arc and the said 13 year old conservative on grounds of their age. Right? If not, then you have no right to reject Hogg's positions simply because of his age.

Funny how ad hominem (circumstantial) works. In this case "circumstance" is the age, but many other circumstances can also fill the bill for any kind of argument you can think of -- including being "stupid", "lack common sense", etc.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:32 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure you did, this is your quote.....yes?

What's sensible to you, do you have the same "thinking" as feinstein?

But, have you heard of the 4473, what about "wait" periods....back ground checks, and the other "sensible" laws that have already been implemented....

See, quote above...

Oh, the obama effort that was never implemented? That effort....

You're kinda acting like hogg....not really sure what you're talking about....
The NRA does have blood on its hands you have reading comprehension troubles I never said the NRA is the cause of it all.

No president has addressed mental health.

There isn’t an idea on sensible gun regulation that you wouldn’t shoot down so no need I probably side with Hogg more than you do.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:39 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Hogg is Joan of Arc now? Please. I can feel sorry for him for what he went through and also decide he is not helping his cause by calling for boycotts and bullying. This is why Trump was elected. People are fed up with being bullied.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:43 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,932,406 times
Hasn't it been 15 minutes already ?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:46 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I’m really starting to dislike this kid. His views are not the only ones that should be heard. Little totalitarian.
You may want to look up the definition of totalitarian.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's an issue he feels strongly about, because it touched him personally. And it's an issue that gets nothing but lip service, slaughter after slaughter after slaughter. What would you prefer, that he mouths the usual rhetorical "thoughts and prayers" crap instead, the way our useless lawmakers continue to do?

Change happens when people care enough to MAKE it happen. Here's a young man who is not apathetic, not sitting at home playing video games or wasting his time on social media, but who cares enough to put himself out there, get involved, and try to be the change he wants to see.

We should be applauding that kind of engagement from our young people. Instead we have adults attacking him. That tells you how far down the tubes this country has gone.
Awww then maybe the poor widdle baby needs to hide if his widdle fewlings are hurt. Adult enough to speak and try to ruin the career of a political reporter but you can't criticize him because he's just a child?

A wonderful example of the left playing identity politics. Making it about the the speaker being just a child.

I don't listen to children who have been trotted out on stage by the emotional irrational left. Fresh off a tragedy the despicable left trots out these kids to yell and scream into the microphone.

But NOW is the time to listen to them and not before when they warned the adults of the shooters behavior?Instead lets NOT blame the authorities like the agency Hoggs Dad works for. Don't want to hold people accountable do we?

Old 06-19-2018, 07:23 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Why isn’t Hogg angry with the FBI for failing to follow up on two separate citizen reports to them that he was “going to be a professional school shooter”? The FBI and the cowards from Broward have the blood of 17 innocent people on their hands.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:36 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
This little Nazi Hogg should get off the anti gun kick and go to the border and protest for illegals. That's the leftist protest du jour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies