Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2018, 02:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Bill and Hillary won, democracy lost.

Popular vote=democracy

Electoral college=fake president trump
Ok....thread now ignored by me also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 02:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Am asking you to back up your accusation. You said I represented a position that condones theft. You accused me of it. I have asked for the evidence. Where is it?

Why would I answer any of your questions with you being too inept or lazy to do such a simple thing ?
Because we're in this thing together comrade...per your preference.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
the job of the federal government is the navy.
I found this quote on the forum. Wonder if anyone will claim it?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:51 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
I am mostly politically neutral...I love firearms but I would never tell a woman what to do with her pregnancy, I believe in legalizing all drugs but I oppose welfare of any kind, a lot of my friends tell me I'm a libertarian
It sounds like you are a libertarian, problem is there are no 'real libertarians' in Washington you can vote for (there's just a bunch of corporate puppets.)

Ron Paul is the only real libertarian I personally know of in Washington. But in his campaign the media gave him no air time and the powers that be gave him no campaign money. But it was a pleasure to see him on stage in the republican primaries (just to see a truthful and honest politician.)

And as a democrat I support/would consider all the political desires you posted above, except for the no welfare (I believe their are some people that actually need welfare.)

Quote:
but I can't get comfortable with this whole "small" government theory...
The ironic thing is "small government" is a good thing, and government should be as small as possible to save money and for efficiency. But the majority of politicians who desire small government want small government to take away its power to regulate corporations and to offset the costs of republican supply side tax cuts.

Quote:
I love states rights, I think that is the best way to go under all circumstances, the federal government should help the states enforce the laws they have but who has the power when we're talking about a small government.
I love state rights as well. When each state is allowed to pass its own laws it allows multiple forms of policy to exist, and then the best policies can be seen.

Quote:
I believe the USA is in free fall, big stock market gains but the middle class is shrinking and living off credit, I believe Trump and Regan were/are TERRIBLE... trickle down economics is just taking the filter out, sure it runs stronger but is way more likely to fail/blow up. Why run your heater with a filter, pull the filter out and the system runs stronger.
I was just watching Fox news and the host started talking about how Trump jump started the economy and brought down unemployment, then the host said "now we have to focus on entitlements." Then 3 guests came on and spoke about cutting entitlements.

Trump and the republicans just gave the richest 1% and large corporations $1.5 trillion dollars in tax cuts (tax money that would have paid for entitlement programs.)

Republican voters are literally giving government money to the wealthy and corporations, and then they want to cut their own Social Security and Medicare to offset the cost of the money they gave to the wealthy and corporations.

Who in the f. is going to give their retirement money and health insurance funds to the wealthy and corporations. How the f. is it even possible?

Quote:
I believe 3 things have done the majority of damage to the USA,

#1 DRUG WAR (CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE)

#2 PRIVITAZITION (FOR PROFIT PRISON?)

#3 FREE TRADE (REMEMBER ROSS PEROT)
I would add supply side/trickle down economics and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars to that list. Before Reagan we had trivial deficits and debt growth, then Reagan tripled our national debt with supply side tax cuts. Then GHW Bush and Clinton made tax changes and Clinton had surpluses (surpluses that could have brought down our national debt to $4 trillion dollars.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5F79kd2O7U

But then GW Bush did supply side tax cuts and started multi-trillion dollar wars, and here we are today with a $20 trillion dollar debt.

Quote:
Sounds like you've done your research.

I seem to notice the same standard strategy in privatization attempts defund/slander and then attempt to privatize a service that the taxpayer paid to build/construct...like a park. First you use the tax dollars to construct a facility then you cut off funding to that facility so that it falls apart then you slander it by saying that it doesn't work for some other reason and then you sell it to a private Corporation. Lol greatest tax theft in American history next to the drug war and civil asset forfeiture this is some epic Third World stuff

it's theft because you're trying to sell something that you don't own.
Republicans use the same strategy with Social Security. They say Social Security is going bankrupt and we need to privatize (privatize meaning to transfer our Social Security funds to Wall Street corporations.)

And then Wall Street gets our Social Security money.

Quote:
Quite possibly the best evidence that a once great european style democracy is slowly and quietly becoming the 3rd world!!!

Efforts to Develop an Independent Commonwealth Near Detroit | On Air Videos | Fox Business
When 50% of American voters want to give their Social Security money and healthcare funding to the wealthy and corporations we are heading to become a 3rd world-like country (or a country of CEO kings if republicans get their way.)

Last edited by chad3; 06-30-2018 at 03:13 PM..

Old 06-30-2018, 02:55 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I found this quote on the forum. Wonder if anyone will claim it?
Holy poop. That's so unbelievably ignorant.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:12 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Ok....thread now ignored by me also.
Why do you feel threatened by democracy?

I always envisioned a wealthy feudal Lord sitting atop his Castle Hill looking down at the populist people and fearing that they would learn to read and organize so that they may depose him

I often think this is the root fear of democracy

those born into privilege having not earned it wanting desperately to keep their position

Last edited by Boer; 06-30-2018 at 03:36 PM..

Old 06-30-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Why do you feel threatened by democracy?
Democracy is heinous.

Democracy, the God That's Failing
Democracy is Coercive
Liberty Is More Important than Democracy
Why James Madison Hated Democracy

Murray N. Rothbard "On Democracy"

Old 06-30-2018, 03:49 PM

I understand why people would not appreciate the system what would you recommend as a superior alternative?

Old 06-30-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I understand why people would not appreciate the system what would you recommend as a superior alternative?
Self-rule.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:53 AM

https://youtu.be/7vFuzeEq37A

https://youtu.be/fMp9XGPqxIA

Perhaps this will be a more effective means of communication
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies