Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 06:40 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
What is this world coming to, with one year olds crying hysterically. That never used to happen. Welcome to Trump's America!
Post of the day.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:40 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Er. A 1 year old has no idea of court.

I loathe Trump but Cmon people.

Exactly, he was probably crying just as many babies do for no particular reason. It's what babies do. They have no knowledge of court proceedings or even what they mean. Go figure that a biased, pro-illegal site like the Huffington Post would try to pull on our heart strings with this incident. At any rate, it's the parents to blame not the U.S. government.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:41 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
What is this world coming to, with one year olds crying hysterically. That never used to happen. Welcome to Trump's America!
LOL. Yup in the history of this country, never was there a baby crying in court until now.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:47 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
LOL. Yup in the history of this country, never was there a baby crying in court until now.
You do not get it. Wow.

Welcome to Trump's America. Shameful, unethical, and immoral. If we let this continue, there will be nothing left to defend or be proud. Nobody will chant "Death to America" because it will already be dead.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:47 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
It's not the baby crying that disturbs me. It's that our court system is so fundamentally unprepared to deal with the children separated from their parent(s). We have people being deported without their dependent children and few options for getting them back. It's difficult for me to see that as anything other than the U.S. engaging in child abduction.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:51 AM

I think our country is fundamentally unprepared to be invaded by thousands of immigrants with tots in tow. I think we do the best we can given the circumstances. We can improve, of course ... just as potential immigrants can learn a lesson from this and stop illegally throwing themselves and their children at our feet.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:57 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Are we redefining the term "anchor baby" to include any already born young children that illegal aliens bring with them? They no longer even have to give birth within our borders, they can just take their babies with them and get all the same rights and privileges?
The Left has been unable to win the political argument through honest debate. So, yes, the Left would like very much to redefine the term anchor baby... Heck, the Left just wants us to open the border to any and all, despite their claims to the contrary.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:58 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I think our country is fundamentally unprepared to be invaded by thousands of immigrants with tots in tow. I think we do the best we can given the circumstances. We can improve, of course ... just as potential immigrants can learn a lesson from this and stop illegally throwing themselves and their children at our feet.
Why do you think they are trying to come here? What do you believe motivates them to "throw themselves at our feet"? If someone does throw themselves at your feet do you deny them?

Old 07-09-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why do you think they are trying to come here? What do you believe motivates them to "throw themselves at our feet"? If someone does throw themselves at your feet do you deny them?
There are 300 million Americans in my country, many of whom need help in life. I am compelled to help them before I do people who break the law and come here illegally.

I think of it like the pre-flight warnings we receive to put our oxygen masks on ourselves before assisting others.

I am compelled to help my fellow Americans before invading foreigners, and I don't think twice of it.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:04 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
The Left has been unable to win the political argument through honest debate. So, yes, the Left would like very much to redefine the term anchor baby... Heck, the Left just wants us to open the border to any and all, despite their claims to the contrary.
This "Leftist" would very much simply like to see that United States fulfill its obligation to reunite separated families as President Trump has ordered. Young children whose parents have been deported should not be held in U.S. custody. I understand that logistically this is a challenge for H.H.S., but it's time for them to get off the stick and accomplish the mission our president has set before them. No more delays. Reunite these families. Now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies