Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:20 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I wasn't suggesting you should not help your fellow Americans. You answered the question anyway by acknowledging they need help. Why do you label people who need help with a term like "invaders"?

Illegal aliens haven't been invited by our government so yes they are invaders whether they need help or not.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:21 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you confused between legal immigrants and illegal aliens? Are you confused between legitimate asylum seekers and bogus ones? Since this is about a baby from illegal alien parents and in our country illegally, apparently you are confused.
What is a "bogus" asylum seeker and how does one differentiate between the "bogus" and the "legitimate" without due process?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:21 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you confused between legal immigrants and illegal aliens? Are you confused between legitimate asylum seekers and bogus ones? Since this is about a baby from illegal alien parents and in our country illegally, apparently you are confused.
Perhaps, like I said it wasn't really on my radar before they started the separations. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Perhaps, like I said it wasn't really on my radar before they started the separations. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.
I appreciate your chill tone and desire to communicate without succumbing to hyperbole and name-calling.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m glad that these nonprofit organizations are at least representing these toddlers. It’s beyond sad! Trump is a garbage president!
no, not at all: the parents who bring these poor kids here illegally are garbage. They know before they cross the border the kids might be taken away from them and yet, they choose to break the law. How do you feel about criminals here legally that end up in prison? How many of their kids end up in in foster homes. Do you think their kids do not cry as well? Well let me tell you they do. We were foster parents while still living in Ca and had many little kids come though our home who were products of parents in prison; maybe it would help you understand if you opened your eyes or mind a bit?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I don't believe it is dehumanizing to call a situation what it is. I am a resident of Texas, which sees an exorbitant amount of illegal immigration, and I bear witness to the aftermath on a regular basis here. Illegals raping women, shooting and stabbing others, causing fatal car wrecks, cartel activity right here in Austin ... it's a crisis that many are choosing to ignore in favor of hang-wringing and pity. We have enough crime already. We must do all we can to prevent more.

We cannot build facilities large enough and fast enough to properly house the number of people coming here. We've spent billions of dollars in this state dealing with illegal immigration. Billions of dollars that belong to our residents, that could serve our needs, but instead are used to house, clothe, feed, and provide medical care for people who operate above the law and come here illegally. Children are often separated from adults not out of state-sponsored cruelty, but because of lack of space in our facilities that are not equipped to keep the children safe and separate from the adults. After many reports of children being sexually abused by adults while detained in these facilities, immediate changes had to be made in order to provide better safety to the kids. So while we spend more tax dollars building dedicated facilities to keep these illegal kids safer, people begin beating up on the U.S. for separating children. It's a no-win situation for the people tasked with herding all these illegals and yet there is one solution already in our law books that can solve the problem: send them all home.

Well stated! I won't hold my breath waiting for these bleeding heart liberals to understand your common sense post though as their emotions overrule that. They are precisely what is wrong with this country
today. No respect for our immigration laws and they put illegal aliens and so-called refugees and their broods above the rights and needs of their own fellow citizens.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Why do you think they are trying to come here? What do you believe motivates them to "throw themselves at our feet"? If someone does throw themselves at your feet do you deny them?

Most of them are coming here for economic gain on the backs of the U.S. taxpayer/worker. Those types can throw themselves at my feet all day long and I'd deny them all day long to.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
The only other fact I'd like to point out is that there is a huge discrepancy in accounting on this topic. People keep throwing out the number "3000", as in 3000 children have been stolen from their parents and are being "kept in cages".

That's not true. The vast majority of these children are teens who arrived here on their own without any parents. How can we separate them from their families if they didn't even arrive as part of one?

Do some research, folks. Seek official numbers and demographics from trusted sources. Get smart on the topic.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:39 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
It's not the baby crying that disturbs me. It's that our court system is so fundamentally unprepared to deal with the children separated from their parent(s). We have people being deported without their dependent children and few options for getting them back. It's difficult for me to see that as anything other than the U.S. engaging in child abduction.
Our courts blow, yes, for all children separated from a parent(s). Every been in family court?

Parents sign a wavier to be deported without their children. The kids have legal representation. This baby's case was brought before the court and he was flown to Honduras and reunited with his father. At the taxpayers expense.

The whole think stinks. Its a waste of a lot of peoples time and money, its is unnecessary stress on families and children. Please don't sneak into the country illegally.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Trump makes babies cry!
Glad you can be so flip about the situation. SMDH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies