Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 09:12 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times

Advertisements

But Conservative and Democrats alike are glued to their screens (me included) watching a team of teenaged soccer players rescued from a flooded cave in another part of the world. Funny that.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:13 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post

I find very little fault with our Administration. They can certainly do a better job, but they do not deserve the amount of criticism they are receiving. There are Americans here busting their asses to do a good job and care for these children, whose own parents put less effort into their concern of when they brought them here illegally.
[Sarcasm]

Yeah, but, those Americans working to deal with illegal aliens dumped here by careless and grossly negligent parents and dangerous traffickers are are like, not doing the really righteous and difficult work.

Its so much more difficult and righteous to post outrage on a forum, without even suggesting a viable alternative policy, and many of these heroic Lefties are even able to muster the strength and courage to change profile pics on social media and signal how oh so virtuous they are. Hope and Change!

[/Sarcasm]

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I live in Minnesota and I have not witnessed crimes being committed by immigrants. We do have lots of people from Somalia but they don't cause any trouble.
Rise of Somali Gangs Plagues Minneapolis

Never heard of the "Minnesota men"?

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 07-09-2018 at 09:33 AM..

Old 07-09-2018, 09:17 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
[Sarcasm]

Yeah, but, those Americans working to deal with illegal aliens dumped here by careless and grossly negligent parents and dangerous traffickers are are like, not doing the really righteous and difficult work.

Its so much more difficult post outrage on a forum, without even suggesting a viable alternative policy, and many of these heroic Lefties are even able to muster the strength and courage to change profile pics on social media and signal how oh so virtuous they are. Hope and Change!

[/Sarcasm]
The alternative (in this case) is to not separate children.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:18 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
[Sarcasm]

Its so much more difficult post outrage on a forum, without even suggesting a viable alternative policy, and many of these heroic Lefties are even able to muster the strength and courage to change profile pics on social media and signal how oh so virtuous they are. Hope and Change!

[/Sarcasm]
I'm not a "lefty" but this makes the most sense to me:

Implement E-Verify with stiff penalties on employers for violations.
Make it easier for immigrants to come to the US legally.
Provide a straightforward way for the immigrants already here to become resident aliens and have them pay back taxes.
Don't separate children from their parents while they are waiting for deportation/asylum hearings.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:20 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm not a "lefty" but this makes the most sense to me:

Implement E-Verify with stiff penalties on employers for violations.
Make it easier for immigrants to come to the US legally.
Provide a straightforward way for the immigrants already here to become resident aliens and have them pay back taxes.
Don't separate children from their parents while they are waiting for deportation/asylum hearings.
That sounds reasonable to me. I don't know why our politicians can't come up with something similar. It's ridiculous, really.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Please show me where Dems as a whole want open borders for all. Maybe one or two might want that, but the majority don't. They just want common sense immigration laws. So yes, this Dem is claiming to the contrary of what you're stating.
Rubbish.

The Dems love having these people come in and become dependents of the State and... drum roll... Democrat voters.

If these people were voting overwhelmingly conservative, the sad tears of the Left would turn to tears of rage.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
What is this world coming to, with one year olds crying hysterically. That never used to happen. Welcome to Trump's America!
One year olds cry all the time. Huff post whatever.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I have the capacity to be concerned about more than one thing at a time.
That's wonderful.

You have loads of concern. Enough to go around for multiple problems.

Concern doesn't solve the problem. Resources do. Resources, however, are finite.

The best definition of politics (IMO) is who gets what when where and how.

I'd prefer that the US apply whatever resources we have to spare to our own people.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:32 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,451,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000006

"Your honor, my defend pleads apple juice"..
So do what the left wants! Let it crawl out the front door and into freedom all on its own.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Rubbish.

The Dems love having these people come in and become dependents of the State and... drum roll... Democrat voters.

If these people were voting overwhelmingly conservative, the sad tears of the Left would turn to tears of rage.
Just because you see issues as partisan doesn't mean everyone does. Also, if your mind processes things from a more conservative viewpoint you have no clue how my liberal mind is. Unless you ask me, then you can get a sense of where I'm coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies