Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 01:05 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,609 times

Advertisements

[quote=Mr. Ryu;52579732]The girlfriend was in the safety of her car. She could have rolled up her window and not engage the guy. She also could have moved.

Also, why did she exit the car when she saw her boyfriend walking towards the car??

Possibly to stop him from any physical confrontation. He might have been a hothead that could be easily provoked.

BTW, what if the guy that knocked down the man was black? The shooter would be in jail for sure.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:05 PM

733 posts, read 761,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I bet you project your emotions into animals too right? You are projecting your biases onto a video. A video that shows simply a violent assault answered with violence. Covered by the letter of the Florida law. You cannot know what the guy had in mind. After he was shot he had dying on his mind. And probably how he screwed up big time.

Lesson learned, if you don't want to get legally shot in Florida, don't assault people who are not assaulting you.

Is that too hard for you?
Oh settle down, kind sir. I'm sorry I stepped on your toes and I'll leave you alone.

I'm having what I consider a respectful discussion/debate with NomadicDrifter. You are welcome to join in, but this post just seems like an accusatory rant that is hard to follow.

"don't assault people who are not assaulting you" - you mean physically assaulting you. Apparently verbal assaults don't mean anything. Except for probably when you have a gun and feel threatened.

Yes, I get the FL law. But is it too hard for me to see the law applying in this or every possible shooting? Yes it is.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:08 PM

2,362 posts, read 778,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Had the shooter called the cops rather than pull a gun after being shoved, the shover could argue he reasonably believed he was defending his girlfriend from an imminent attack.
He could argue, and he'd lose. From the video, the shooter was nowhere near his girlfriend. Nor was the shooter making any threatening gestures or body language. Ofc, we have no clue what was being said, but he was too far to be a threat.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:11 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
He could argue, and he'd lose. From the video, the shooter was nowhere near his girlfriend. Nor was the shooter making any threatening gestures or body language. Ofc, we have no clue what was being said, but he was too far to be a threat.

When she opened the car door and stood up she was face to face with the shooter almost and given that the shooter is male and she is female, she could reasonably fear for her safety.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:15 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
[quote=mtnbkr5;52582675]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The girlfriend was in the safety of her car. She could have rolled up her window and not engage the guy. She also could have moved.

Also, why did she exit the car when she saw her boyfriend walking towards the car??

Possibly to stop him from any physical confrontation. He might have been a hothead that could be easily provoked.

BTW, what if the guy that knocked down the man was black? The shooter would be in jail for sure.
Re-watch the video, she got out and didn't say anything to her boyfriend. It was a 2 vs 1 scenario.

It was only when the guy took out the gun that she said something.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
When she opened the car door and stood up she was face to face with the shooter almost and given that the shooter is male and she is female, she could reasonably fear for her safety.
First of all, no they were not face to face. Second, you can't get into someone's face and then claim you felt threatened. Besides being race obsessed, you're not that bright either.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How the hell can you "set up" burglars? I would like to hear this one.
True story. The guy had been robbed before. So he parked his truck away from his house to make it look like nobody was home and sat with his gun loaded, waiting for them. When they broke in, he killed them.

That's setting a trap and he got life in prison.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...teens/8480047/

Old 07-23-2018, 01:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
What do you know about Europeans? I'm typing this from my flat in Lisbon.
I have lived there as well as in Africa and US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
True story. The guy had been robbed before. So he parked his truck away from his house to make it look like nobody was home and sat with his gun loaded, waiting for them. When they broke in, he killed them.

That's setting a trap and he got life in prison.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...teens/8480047/
Not only that but he killed one, hid their body and waited for the second one to come down, killing her. He recorded everything. He disposed of their bodies and didn't call the police for a while.

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
is that true? doesn't seem right.
After I posted that post, NY Refugee (IIRC) replied to that post with the statute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies