Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 02:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
correct-he was starting the provocation there. Now had he called the pd, and blocked their escape vehicle in or simply slashed their tires, they would be caught and he would be free.
Or just filmed it. He's got the rest of his life to think about what he should have done.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:07 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The stand your ground law normally protects cowards. Nonshe shouldn’t have parked in a handicapped spot, but her boyfriend did what he was supposed to do when he saw a man step to his girlfriend, now he is dead. It’s always the ones who can’t fight that pull out a gun.
Fist fighting is for the uncivilized. Just because you are physically stronger does not make your argument correct.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:08 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Or just filmed it. He's got the rest of his life to think about what he should have done.

could have shot tires out-they would hear it-and know their plan is squashed.

Then call cops.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:09 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,692,780 times
The bottom line; if you are not handicapped don't park in a handicap parking space.

However there are those among us who believe the laws of the land do not apply to them. My this one R.I.P.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's curious to me that people are criticizing a verbal exchange, but not a physical assault.

Words are just that. You don't like them? Ignore them. You don't get to assault someone because of what's being said.
I agree.....to a point. If SYG is a "judgement call", it also is the same if you see a man screaming at your wife and kids and have no idea what is going on...

Mitigating circumstances seem to only apply to people with guns.

In the "old days" it would be consider a "have to" to quickly intervene physically if someone was accosting your wife (or GF) and kids.

So let's not pretend this "fight" was started with the push. The fight was started by the shooter.

Now, it's up to the Sheriff and DA, etc. and maybe a jury to decide whether that meets the test....

Old 07-23-2018, 02:14 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Another poster on this thread mentioned that brandishing, without being followed with a shot, isn't allowed in Florida.
TO:

katygirl68

uggabugga

r small

jazzarama

etc.

My post above ^^^^^ is post #753 on the thread.

I also did a similar post that is somewhere between #500 and #708.

It was much earlier in the thread that I noticed a post or posts that made the reference (but it wasn't from NY Refugee....I think it was NomadicDrifter).

However, NY Refugee was nice enough to reply to my "between #500 and #708" post with a statute (the only applicable statute?), and NY Refugee's reply to me (the statute) is post #709.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
The shooter started the hostile confrontation. Guy walks out and sees some dude berating his GF, goes and intervenes by pushing (not hitting, grabbing or anything), dude pulls out his gun and fires. The guy did not attempt to continue anything more after the push, nor it appeared is leaped nor approached the guy after the push.

I hope the guy is charged.

So what is this now; go start s**t with someone's GF, then shoot when the GF's BF comes out and intervenes? BS.

Lesson learned here is when in Florida, and you need to intervene in a similar situation, just beat the dude unconscious and while at it, try to feel and get his gun (if he has) cause the pansy may just shoot you for daring stopping him from berating and possibly threatening violence against your girl.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:52 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Fist fighting is for the uncivilized. Just because you are physically stronger does not make your argument correct.
Can't have people emerging alive when there's a disagreement over a parking spot. The civilized thing is to make sure there's at least one burial.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:59 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The shooter started the hostile confrontation. Guy walks out and sees some dude berating his GF, goes and intervenes by pushing (not hitting, grabbing or anything), dude pulls out his gun and fires. The guy did not attempt to continue anything more after the push, nor it appeared is leaped nor approached the guy after the push.

I hope the guy is charged.

So what is this now; go start s**t with someone's GF, then shoot when the GF's BF comes out and intervenes? BS.

Lesson learned here is when in Florida, and you need to intervene in a similar situation, just beat the dude unconscious and while at it, try to feel and get his gun (if he has) cause the pansy may just shoot you for daring stopping him from berating and possibly threatening violence against your girl.
Thanks for those crib-notes on the proper way to beat up old people that are not actually harming anyone but yelling.

I especially liked how they're the "pansy" and that beating down someone 30-40 years older than you thus would make you the hero of the story.

Also stop adding imaginary events like "possibly threatening violence" bit to even further justify how things should have gone down.

I don't agree with either persons bad actions in this confrontation.

My way of dealing with this would have been: "Eff off you old fart, go buy your depends." followed by getting in my car and leaving.

Your way ends with you serving time for felony assault or possibly even manslaughter since all it takes is a head bonk or a heart attack. But at least you kept it real by beating up an old dude. Something to keep you feeling good about yourself when you miss the next 4-5 birthdays of those kids and your lady finds a new daddy for them.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Can't have people emerging alive when there's a disagreement over a parking spot. The civilized thing is to make sure there's at least one burial.
Actually the civilized thing is to discuss it like adults.

No sound on the video so we dont know if the driver escalated the confrontation or the shooter.
Evidently it became heated.
The civilized thing to do is to confront the man you feel is disrespecting your wife. You do this by asking what the problem is.. If he turns attitude on you, then you call the police if you feel threatened or the guy won't let you leave.
What you dont do ie run up to and push them so hard they they are thrown to the ground by the force of the push.

Perfect day: Assault victim only calls the police.
Bad day: Assault victime tries to duke it out with you.
Worst day: You get shot.

These are all very likely scenarios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies