Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, which is it now? He's hassled a lot of people or he only hassled this one because she was female?
"The store owner said Drejka regularly hassled people for parking in handicapped spaces. "

I don't know. But I still doubt he hassled people unless he perceived them as weaker than himself. What kind of person makes it his goal in life to hassle people who park in handicapped spaces? A crazy person, that's who. Sure it's rude but it's not life-and-death.

Trayvon II is brewing in 'Stand Your Ground' case near Clearwater - Orlando Sentinel

Old 07-23-2018, 08:20 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yes it did, which is why I’m horrified. I watched again and as soon as that gun came out the guy backed off. The parking monitor didn’t give warning or think for a second before shooting a man who was clearly backing away. Had he taken at least a few seconds he would have realized that. This law was not meant for these situations.

You watched again? Will you just quit it already? The older guy didn't get to watch the replay over and over and form an assessment at his leisure from the comfort of his desk. Unless you've been in his situation and been slammed to the ground without warning (that "shove" was more like an openhanded punch that likely left bruises) you should just shut your hole now on speculating about his emotions and intentions. For all he knew, if he had taken a few seconds he would have been pummeled or shot himself.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I would not care. I do not break laws. I never once parked in spot for handicapped folks. Never shoved anyone after about jr high, which the deceased was still stuck in.
If you found some angry strange male verbally accosting your wife while she was parked in her car accompanied by your 4-year-old child and newborn infant(5 months), you might well have shoved that stranger aside. I think many people would have, including some women. And it would have been justifiable use of force for this father to protect his young family because the lunatic bully was engaging in threatening crazy behavior. One has a right to defend one's family, not with deadly force, but with reasonable action.

Also, if Drejka was regularly hassling people for parking in the handicapped spot, I would guess he had been shoved aside before.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:25 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If you found some angry strange male verbally accosting your wife while she was parked in her car accompanied by your 4-year-old child and newborn infant(5 months), you might well have shoved that stranger aside. .
NOPE.

Would have told her to raise window, stay in car, and talked to the man.

Its called being civilized.

But then I do not have a lengthy rap sheet.

The deceased did.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:29 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You watched again? Will you just quit it already? The older guy didn't get to watch the replay over and over and form an assessment at his leisure from the comfort of his desk. Unless you've been in his situation and been slammed to the ground without warning (that "shove" was more like an openhanded punch that likely left bruises) you should just shut your hole now on speculating about his emotions and intentions. For all he knew, if he had taken a few seconds he would have been pummeled or shot himself.
Amen. Reminds me of movie Scully where smug NTSB says "simulator folks said there was time to land". Scully asks how many tries they made before success. Answer-17. he replies "We had ONE". Asks did they allow decision making time in equation. Answer-No. They simulate again-adding 35 seconds in. Simulator plane crashes.

Man shoved like rag doll in Fl had 2 seconds- about 1.5 secs is what it takes for a Major League fastball mound to plate.

What can any poster do here in 2 seconds? 2!

Old 07-23-2018, 08:29 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good point that the whole thing about him bothering other people could be made up. You're right that if someone is hassling the customers then the police are usually called and he's told not to go back there again. So something doesn't quite make sense about that.
See this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-his-ground/

Reporters asked whether the fact that Drejka initiated the incident made him more culpable — pointing to previous complaints the sheriff’s office has received about him.

Florida man won't be charged in deadly shooting over parking spot due to 'stand your ground' law | abc7ny.com

The incident in Clearwater was caught on surveillance camera. Another man said he had the same argument with Drejka a month ago.

"He flipped out saying he would shoot me," Rich Kelly told WFTS. "So when I left, he called the owner of my company stating he was going to kill me."

Kelly said the man was upset he parked in a handicapped space.

Store owner Ali Selous said McGlockton was a frequent customer who was there buying candy for his little boy.

"It's sad to see him die in front of his son...for a parking lot," Selous said. "For a stupid reason, just to argue. Just to find someone to argue with."

Selous also told WFTS that he had to call police a month ago when Drejka got into a yelling match with Kelly.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
See this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-his-ground/

Reporters asked whether the fact that Drejka initiated the incident made him more culpable — pointing to previous complaints the sheriff’s office has received about him.

Florida man won't be charged in deadly shooting over parking spot due to 'stand your ground' law | abc7ny.com

The incident in Clearwater was caught on surveillance camera. Another man said he had the same argument with Drejka a month ago.

"He flipped out saying he would shoot me," Rich Kelly told WFTS. "So when I left, he called the owner of my company stating he was going to kill me."

Kelly said the man was upset he parked in a handicapped space.

Store owner Ali Selous said McGlockton was a frequent customer who was there buying candy for his little boy.

"It's sad to see him die in front of his son...for a parking lot," Selous said. "For a stupid reason, just to argue. Just to find someone to argue with."

Selous also told WFTS that he had to call police a month ago when Drejka got into a yelling match with Kelly.
He will be charged is my 100 % prediction. You can't go around looking for trouble, instigating confrontations, and then use that as an excuse for shooting a young father to death. Heck, that man's young children were just a few feet from the shooting, any one of them could have been shot accidentally. We don't live in anarchy. This is anarchy.

Drejka went LOOKING for trouble, he found it, and was itching to use his gun. He's a crazy lunatic, and maybe he will get off with an insanity defense.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:36 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Then the law needs to be changed because that’s a bull s*** law. That man wasn’t scared. He was pissed! He knew damn well if they saw his gun they would have left, but I think he was looking for an excuse and the shove gave it to him.

Don’t defend him. He doesn’t deserve it.
It is a little more dangerous out on the streets with hotheads like Drejka wandering around provoking and baiting people for a confrontation so he can shoot some people.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:37 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Now....if that is true.....that statistics matter and shape peoples opinions.....then why does it not apply to this scenario? Why should I not believe that people are taking the side of the white guy because of statistics about blacks and violence and statics about blacks not taking care of their families?

Well as long as you're speculating about the shooter's "patterns of thinking" based on his lifelong racial impressions based on statistics, don't forget to also speculate about the shover's own "patterns of thinking" and lifelong frustrations about being kept down by The Man and his big chance to lash out and whoop some azz.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The bully shouldn't have been verbally assaulting a helpless woman and children ages 3 and 4 months. Period.

The father was with his 5-year-old son, who saw his father shot and killed. You really think he was going to start fighting some guy with his 5-year-old son nearby. He was just shoving the bully away from his wife and children which is admirable.
Your language alone shows a bias against the shooter. He was patrolling the parking lot, he verbally assaulted a helpless woman. Trigger happy. Freak.

While the other guy was just shoving the bully away, which is admirable.

Please. Your posts prove a bias here which means your credibility on this is zip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies