Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 07:20 AM

9,545 posts, read 16,580,701 times

Advertisements

The root of the problem stands with the societal problems in Fla. It is an out of control state, and it's ignorant laws or lack of reflect that chaos.

Stand your Ground is a perfect example, of the level of ignorance and arrogance in Fla. With the amount of thugs and irresponsible types in this state. Such a Law shows what incompetents run the state.

I cannot wait until the day comes, when I am able to leave this dann state.

That shooter in Clearwater needs to be arrested. The one that is dead. Well he was no angel either. Its like I said Fla has some serious problems among its populations. That is really what needs to be looked into. The root of the why so many undesirables plague Fla.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:21 AM

25,881 posts, read 16,598,877 times
One thing is pretty consistent throughout this thread. The liberals/Democrats do not seem to like a little guy like this man having the right to speak up about someone breaking the LAW or the power to defend himself.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:27 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,128,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Maybe. Has he said as much?
But just think. Had he not been assaulted he wouldn't have had an excuse to use that gun or his training that day.

I do wonder if he is a member of a HOA or a neighborhood watch.
Drejka had training? Do you have a source for this? As a previous poster mentioned firearms trainers like Mas Ayoob teach their students to avoid situations like this this one. Avoid getting into any kind of verbal arguments. Avoid flipping off or shouting at aggressive drivers in traffic. Avoid any type of situation where there's a possibility of it escalating. Etc. But this Drejka character has a long history of going around starting arguments over parking spaces and getting up in people's faces. It's almost as if he's been trying to provoke a situation where he would be able to use his firearm and shoot somebody. Can you name a single firearms instructor that teaches this kind of behavior?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:28 AM

33,335 posts, read 12,645,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I've seen enough of these shootings in Florida, where people get away with murder, to understand perfectly how SYG works.

Lying crumpled on the ground? Good grief, drama queen much? He was pushed, he fell down, and he decided that even though the guy had already backed off, he was not going to take that humiliation from him. So he whips out his gun and takes the guy out in cold blood.

And he will walk away with his gun, free to kill again. Just like George Zimmerman did.

That's how Florida's SYG works.
Pot meet kettle.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
The root of the problem stands with the societal problems in Fla. It is an out of control state, and it's ignorant laws or lack of reflect that chaos.

Stand your Ground is a perfect example, of the level of ignorance and arrogance in Fla. With the amount of thugs and irresponsible types in this state. Such a Law shows what incompetents run the state.

I cannot wait until the day comes, when I am able to leave this dann state.

That shooter in Clearwater needs to be arrested. The one that is dead. Well he was no angel either. Its like I said Fla has some serious problems among its populations. That is really what needs to be looked into. The root of the why so many undesirables plague Fla.
LOL I lived there and never once felt threatened. Great place to live. I was in Orange Park.

What Chaos? Are Florida cities in the news practically every weekend for multiple homicides and 10 or 20 shootings? I mean like Chicago or Baltimore?

One man who was assaulted shot and killed the man who assaulted him.
The man would be alive today if he had kept his hands to himself. It is that simple. He broke the law by pushing the shooter down. That law is good in all 50 states and in most countries.

Did the shooter over react? I wasn't there, I don't know what the man said to the shooter before or after he plowed the shooter. The video shows the clear assault. It shows the shooter drawing his weapon and shooting. It then shows the hot head pusher grab his chest and flee into the store. That is all the video shows.
The root of the problem was 1 hot head decided to assault another person. Talk with your mouth and not your hands. The assault was the root of the problem.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,765,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Let me tell you....REAL criminals are hardly shaking in their boots. One of my good friends had a little brother and they (the little brother and his crew) would go around robbing drug houses and dealers....until he ended up getting shot in the head and killed. Real criminals deal with armed people all the time. A REAL criminal would have never given that guy the opportunity to pull his weapon. Once he was down on the ground he was at a total disadvantage and could have been knocked out and subdued to the point he could not get his gun. This guy just shoved the guy down....he did not immediately go for the kill. After he shoved the guy....he then was going to talk to the guy from the dominant position over him. I doubt seriously that he had any intention of doing great harm to the guy because if that was the case he could have knocked the guy out with a hard punch....but instead he just shoved the guy. People who shove really do not want to fight you learn that growing up. People who start out throwing blows......they want to fight.

Cool story.

The aggressor is still dead and the little guy walks free.
The equalizer, worked as designed.
Ladies, take note: Empowering more women, than any gender equality laws, since 1775.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Drejka had training? Do you have a source for this? As a previous poster mentioned firearms trainers like Mas Ayoob teach their students to avoid situations like this this one. Avoid getting into any kind of verbal arguments. Avoid flipping off or shouting at aggressive drivers in traffic. Avoid any type of situation where there's a possibility of it escalating. Etc. But this Drejka character has a long history of going around starting arguments over parking spaces and getting up in people's faces. It's almost as if he's been trying to provoke a situation where he would be able to use his firearm and shoot somebody. Can you name a single firearms instructor that teaches this kind of behavior?
I was replying to a poster who claimed he wanted to use that gun and that training.
I have no idea what if any training the shooter had. I was making the valid point that it was the assault upon the shooter that caused the shooting.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Hard to defend the actions of the victim here but I will say this: Those who go looking for problems find them. Djreka and George Zimmerman seem to have a lot in common.
Yes, they do. Both think that having a gun makes you a police officer. When I took my CCW class, they stressed it to no end that having a permit to carry a gun does NOT make you a cop.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:35 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,738,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
One thing is pretty consistent throughout this thread. The liberals/Democrats do not seem to like a little guy like this man having the right to speak up about someone breaking the LAW or the power to defend himself.

Armed people, not appointed to the role of security or police, should not be going around attempting to enforce laws.

Think about it. How would his action have remedied the long term problem of people parking in the handicapped spot without credentials? I guess it only matters THE MOMENT he visits the store. If he felt so strongly about, why does he not get a job at the store and enforce the rules.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:36 AM

34,155 posts, read 17,225,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
the boyfriend/shover escalated it.
correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies