Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 04:08 PM

932 posts, read 543,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
LOL! You really don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, college grads are finding it difficult. I've explained this to you before. You just refuse to accept it.

We don't need any H1-Bs when we have qualified Americans who can't find work and experience blatant discrimination by Indians who refuse to hire non-Indians.

It's a shame that you can't grasp any of this and refuse to read the links I posted. What is abundantly clear is that you have nothing of value to add in the form of a counterpoint or cogent argument.

Finally, the US doesn't owe you a job. Nor do we owe anyone a green card. Just as India doesn't owe Americans a job.

Continue to rant on. It's clear that you are seething because you haven't gotten a green card and feel entitled to it. Complaining here won't change that for you.

It's one thing if you are capable of forming a cogent response. However, you can't or won't do so.

buh bye
Looks like you are still stuck in 1960s.
Time to retire

Old 05-02-2019, 05:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
As I stated in my previous threads, our poor Trump tried his best, and many business executives were actually ready to hire untrained and unqualified Americans to take on these six figure paying IT jobs. The plan was to train them before, and at work but a huge majority of such candidates failed the drug testing.

The govt is trying it’s best to overcome this problem and hence this whole drama of legalizing marijuana is staged.

Now when a druggie fails the drug test, he slams the doctor’s prescription on the table.

But look at it from the business standpoint.

If a businessman or a group of businessmen invests 100 and millions of dollars, and takes huge loans to run a business then he wants the best employees and the best work horses.

Instead of a bunch of drug addicts, if I have risked 100 and millions of dollars in business investment, I would rather hire a group of emolyees who are ambitious, dedicated, honest and hardworking even if it makes my office smell like pakora, curry and samosa.
Why are you suddenly supporting the chowkidars/chaiwalas suddenly ?? I thought you were Pakistani-American??

Old 05-02-2019, 05:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I think its better to state the obvious than these politically convenient terms like "Asians" "third worlders" "third world hellholes" etc.

Everyone here on a visa is as legal are you are (except for voting and recieving monetary benefits) . Yet we have people like Sql Server say " I would take a bullet if that means people like you are going home". She even complains how smelly their food is and their clothes are. Dont you find that racist or hostile or bigoted?? If you ask her she would say "she is stating the obvious".

I understand you are at the receiving end of H1B which justifies your opinion and views. All I want to say is we re mere pawns in the royal corporate battle.

My true color is always seeking middle ground ,posting facts and add a bit of humor wherever possible.
You’ve accused me of using such phrases and I corrected you. Now you’re being dishonest again simply to play the victim card. Try again. The only people we feel sorry for are Americans that companies are cheating out of jobs. Americans are entitled to jobs in American companies getting tax breaks we all contribute to. Those here on Visa’s are entitled to nothing.

You can gloat all you want about some fantasy that you’re needed here because no other American can do your job - but we know better and will call you out as we see fit.

By the way - Americans deserving of these jobs include brown people and people from third world countries who are now citizens. How foolish not to recognize that fact.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
It does no such thing

You know it, too. There are plenty of college grads who are being passed over because greedy companies are hiring H1-Bs. There are also plenty of skilled Americans who have been displaced by H1-Bs.

If anything it disabuses you of the notion that H1-Bs are necessary.

If you actually read the many links I've posted, you would know this. Why are you afraid to read them? It's not hard to read them and if you disagree, then give a cogent reply explaining why.

Try again
I wont completely agree that Engineering college grads are having hard time finding IT jobs. If one is a Engineer from top tier school, he wouldnt compete with H1B's because they will be of higher quality. May be a graduate doing development or IT will be disadvantaged, but definitely not engineers.

In the end people at different sides take different positions.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You’ve accused me of using such phrases and I corrected you. Now you’re being dishonest again simply to play the victim card. Try again. The only people we feel sorry for are Americans that companies are cheating out of jobs. Americans are entitled to jobs in American companies getting tax breaks we all contribute to. Those here on Visa’s are entitled to nothing.

You can gloat all you want about some fantasy that you’re needed here because no other American can do your job - but we know better and will call you out as we see fit.

By the way - Americans deserving of these jobs include brown people and people from third world countries who are now citizens. How foolish not to recognize that fact.
You can generalize how you want, please try again. I have never said "Americans cant do it, or only Indians can do it" . I know how difficult it is for Americans and I always keep mentioning that.

I have made several posts about how IBM, Accenture, HP etc hire in 1000's in India and 100's in US and yet pay no taxes here and still layoff American workers . Your myopic eyes will miss those posts and only proclaim " we know better and call you out" . Easy pickings.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:06 PM

22,455 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
I wont completely agree that Engineering college grads are having hard time finding IT jobs. If one is a Engineer from top tier school, he wouldnt compete with H1B's because they will be of higher quality. May be a graduate doing development or IT will be disadvantaged, but definitely not engineers.

In the end people at different sides take different positions.
Even engineers who came from accredited schools that weren't "top tier" should never have to compete with H1-Bs.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:12 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
IMO, Big business and Policy makers already knew in the nineties that there is a huge tech boom coming - and H1B was brought into the light.
In 1998, Bill Clinton on his visit to India, signed the agreement that opened the flood gates of Indian techies to arrive in United States like locust swarms.

Why? Because they knew that USA does NOT have and will NOT produce as many computer science grads to take these jobs.

The question is, why India?

And the answer is, a HUGE majority of finance and business industry is owned by the Jewish Americans.
And Jews trust Hindus and Indians more than anybody else. Israel and India friendship and alliance is more deep, stronger and hidden, than any other two countries in the world.

The transition of taking the business online that started to pick up in 1990 would mean the business has to expose and share all its business secrets, plans and strategies to the software architects and developers in order to write code.

The Jewish business community would not do it primarily with Arabs and/or Muslims. China and Russia were already U.S., rivals.

So India was the only natural ally left that could potentially produce that many techies.

You guys must laughing at this but here is an example.

About 15 years ago, a friend used to work in Motorola. He was a senior AS400 developer.
He once told me that his team is working on a requirement to write code that if the sales order comes from Israel, it has a higher priority over the orders from Army, and any other order by anyone in USA or anywhere in the world.

The idea is, once you know the software code of a company. you can know A LOT of things and secrets of the company. Folks who work in Tibco will know what I am talking about.

Another small example would be Amdocs. See how nicely, a cell phone call made in USA is recorded, saved and then sent to Israel where they can listen to everything.

And now, since the Indians have taken a full hold of U.S., IT industry all the way to the top of Google and Microsoft, the few IT grads that USA produces, can’t easily get in.

There are exceptional cases here and but I don’t think we have 1.5 million jobless American IT grads sitting on the bench who will take over, if we send all H1B Indians back home.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:24 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Why are you suddenly supporting the chowkidars/chaiwalas suddenly ?? I thought you were Pakistani-American??
In early 2000’s, a paindu from Bihar or somewhere was moved into my team. He was hired as a Java developer.
Chootiya, didn’t know how to put paper in a printer.

No, I don’t support the scammers and cheaters, which many in the Indian IT industry are. There are great guys too.

Old 05-03-2019, 12:36 AM

22,455 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

And now, since the Indians have taken a full hold of U.S., IT industry all the way to the top of Google and Microsoft, the few IT grads that USA produces, can’t easily get in.

There are exceptional cases here and but I don’t think we have 1.5 million jobless American IT grads sitting on the bench who will take over, if we send all H1B Indians back home.
I'm not responding to the first part of your post as you posted no links to back up what you are saying. Neither have you posted any links to back up your assertions of companies trying to train Americans and supposedly many trainees had drug problems.

Yes, Indians have infiltrated the IT industry in the US to the point where they blatantly discriminate against non-Indians. In post #569, I have links that explain how many companies are being sued for discriminating against non-Indians. It's long past time for such discrimination to stop.

As for supposedly needing 1.5 million Americans to take IT jobs if all the H1-Bs got sent home --- You overestimate the value of H1-Bs. Most H1-Bs range from mediocre to downright incompetent. Many Americans spend time cleaning up messes made by H1-Bs. With H1-Bs gone, Americans will more easily find work in IT. Not all Americans working in IT have degrees in computer science. Many have degrees in other fields. Some don't have degrees at all. Yet they are experienced in IT and do their jobs very well. Besides, once Americans see that they will more easily find work in IT, it will encourage those who wanted computer science degrees to once again pursue degrees. It will also encourage those who are interested but either have other non-IT related degrees to take classes in preparation to enter IT fields.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
I'm not responding to the first part of your post as you posted no links to back up what you are saying. Neither have you posted any links to back up your assertions of companies trying to train Americans and supposedly many trainees had drug problems.

Yes, Indians have infiltrated the IT industry in the US to the point where they blatantly discriminate against non-Indians. In post #569, I have links that explain how many companies are being sued for discriminating against non-Indians. It's long past time for such discrimination to stop.

As for supposedly needing 1.5 million Americans to take IT jobs if all the H1-Bs got sent home --- You overestimate the value of H1-Bs. Most H1-Bs range from mediocre to downright incompetent. Many Americans spend time cleaning up messes made by H1-Bs. With H1-Bs gone, Americans will more easily find work in IT. Not all Americans working in IT have degrees in computer science. Many have degrees in other fields. Some don't have degrees at all. Yet they are experienced in IT and do their jobs very well. Besides, once Americans see that they will more easily find work in IT, it will encourage those who wanted computer science degrees to once again pursue degrees. It will also encourage those who are interested but either have other non-IT related degrees to take classes in preparation to enter IT fields.
I spent my whole day yesterday cleaning up another H1B mess while people around me spent the day gossiping in Telugu and Hindi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies