Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 10:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So, do you or do you not support government regulation of the internet? And what kind of regulation?

I've always supported NN as it keeps the free market free at least as far as content and services go, if there was numerous options for ISP's for everyone I would immediately drop my support for it.

I would also support something similar on the content/service side. things like a domain registration for example. What has happened and continues to happen to the Daily Stormer could happen to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 11:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

I would also support something similar on the content/service side. things like a domain registration for example. What has happened and continues to happen to the Daily Stormer could happen to anyone.
OK, I can agree with that. The thing is that there are numerous domain registrars, and not all of them are within US jurisdiction. How would/could you enforce a requirement that they register all comers?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:18 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm flattered that you don't charge me rent, for taking up so much space in your head.
This thread is not about little `ol me.

Sounds like you mad! Jones popularity rises and you have to take your frustration out on someone.
The only poster mad on here is you because your boy Jones got what was coming to him, legally.

The train wreck effect will wear off soon enough and Jones won't be heard from again unless he is in court getting his pants sued off of him.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:33 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
LOL! Yes. City Data is not a content provider like Facebook, and Youtube. They are in fact an editing publisher.
That is why no personal attacks(defamation- libel- threats), no threats, no bickering. They can in fact be sued for the content on these here forums.
Nope, they also have the same protections under 230. Forums are also a platform for user generated content, not an editing publisher. Moderation and editing does not automatically make them into one.

https://www.socalinternetlawyer.com/...nternet-forums

Old 08-10-2018, 11:54 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Naw, they all colluded to do it on the same day, when the content is different on each platform.
Anti-trust racketeering.
Next level tin-foil hattery at work.

Nobody colluded. He's a horrid man who says and does horrid things and who kept violating the TOS on multiple sites. I am guessing one site saw him get banned and the others, sick of him and his bullcrap, followed suit because they'd been considering it already.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:58 AM

Oh brother.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Next level tin-foil hattery at work.

Nobody colluded. He's a horrid man who says and does horrid things and who kept violating the TOS on multiple sites. I am guessing one site saw him get banned and the others, sick of him and his bullcrap, followed suit because they'd been considering it already.
Yeah, I think it was more something they all had wanted to do on their own since he kept violating their TOS terms, but were hesitant to finally pull the trigger. Hard to be the first in a case like this even if it's very warranted. Once one company did, the others probably felt less pressure, so to say.

Not colluding.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:09 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
When people cannot distinguish between a bookstore refusing to carry a copy of a particular book on its shelves and Nazis collecting every copy of the book available everywhere and burning it in effigy, you know they are beyond help.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
When people cannot distinguish between a bookstore refusing to carry a copy of a particular book on its shelves and Nazis collecting every copy of the book available everywhere and burning it in effigy, you know they are beyond help.
Well, a lot seem to think a website is the same as the Internet....so yeah.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:48 PM

Please recast your post. So many bleeps it makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies