Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 08:29 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Doubt this is a good publicity for him.
I doubt you understand how much people hate thieves and instigators. This is excellent publicity for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 08:31 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I doubt you understand how much people hate thieves and instigators.
As a business owner, I know how much damages thieves can do.

I doubt this is a good publicity for him.

What i see is a man who has little self control. Does it mean that I will stop shopping with him? Probably not. If he has the right product, I still would. However, the people in that neighborhood would probably think twice.

This is not a good publicity for him.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Lily, doesn't your family own retail stores? Anyone ever punch anyone? Or are they sane?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What other people do will never lead me to breaking my moral code or the law, so it wouldn't have mattered if someone stole from me.
Yet you defend thieves, I can see the irony.
Quote:
The child was being a child and the response to the mother's little hit was over the top. And again, you're not talking about self-defense here, but anger and getting back.
The mother was in the wrong, the child was in the wrong, and they instigated the situation. You don't put your hands on someone without consequences, legal consequences or physical consequences.
Quote:
Aren't you in the air force? I would have thought they would have done a better job with a guy like you.
Some of you posters are really wound tight.
I fail to see what my former profession has to do with a random internet message board?

Are black conservative veterans not allowed to think for themselves or post on message boards?

Do I have your permission to post my own opinion? You do know military members and veterans are largely conservative right?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Lily, doesn't your family own retail stores? Anyone ever punch anyone? Or are they sane?
Yes, we have retail businesses. No way we would handle the situation like this gentleman did.

Little kids might "steal" things from us, but as long as they return them, why making it such a big deal? especially the little kid is five years old? I just don't get it. Most parents apologize profusely anyway. For the parents who don't apologize, well, I hope they know that Being a good example is behaving in a positive manner. Leading your life in a good way creates a scenario that others will most likely want to copy. That is all I have to say.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Yet you defend thieves, I can see the irony.

The mother was in the wrong, the child was in the wrong, and they instigated the situation. You don't put your hands on someone without consequences, legal consequences or psychical consequences.

I fail to see what my former profession has to do with a random internet message board?

Are veterans not allowed to think for themselves or post on message boards?
Is there something wrong with you? Point out the post where I've defended thieves. It's a five year old child who either didn't know he was doing something wrong or was being a five year old and hoped he'd get away with it.

The child was wrong for taking something that wasn't paid for. The mother was wrong for hitting the guy. And the guy was really wrong for an over the top response in punching her.

You're just wound tight. And you sound a little unhinged. But post away - you're giving a clear picture of who you are.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Yes, we have retail businesses. No way we would handle the situation like this gentleman did.

Little kids might "steal" things from us, but as long as they return them, why making it such a big deal? especially the little kid is five years old? I just don't get it. Most parents apologize profusely anyway. For the parents who don't apologize, well, I hope they know that Being a good example is behaving in a positive manner. Leading your life in a good way creates a scenario that others will most likely want to copy. That is all I have to say.
So you're sane. Thanks, Lily, I thought so.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Is there something wrong with you? Point out the post where I've defended thieves. It's a five year old child who either didn't know he was doing something wrong or was being a five year old and hoped he'd get away with it.

The child was wrong for taking something that wasn't paid for. The mother was wrong for hitting the guy. And the guy was really wrong for an over the top response in punching her.

You're just wound tight. And you sound a little unhinged. But post away - you're giving a clear picture of who you are.
yeah, I don't get the "defending thieves" part either.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
As a business owner, I know how much damages thieves can do.

I doubt this is a good publicity for him.

What i see is a man who has little self control. Does it mean that I will stop shopping with him? Probably not. If he has the right product, I still would. However, the people in that neighborhood would probably think twice.

This is not a good publicity for him.
We have a 20 page thread on him that says otherwise. Imagine the millions of other threads on the internet about this man from people who deal with unruly customers every single day, no doubt he has many supporters and will see a boost in clientale.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
We have a 20 page thread on him that says otherwise. Imagine the millions of others threads on the internet about this man from people who deal with unruly customers every single day, no doubt he has many supporters and will see a boost in clientale.
hmm, I hope so. As a fellow business owner, I want his business to be successful.

However, I doubt this is a good publicity for him. I hope I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies