Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 09:00 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yes, there is only one reason. The fact that she's a POS mother that defended the criminal acts of her child and attacked the store owner, rather than punishing the kid and apologizing. Of course our usual round of C-D racists will try to pretend it's something else.
You're description of the mother and continued hostilities only continue to proove the point.. as you'and others rage on. We are only made to see who all are throug rhetoric. Not kidding anyone by trying to shade it.

And as I said I'm not defending the actions of any of the people involved, but, how certain CD members time and time again love to use threads of this nature to spread their bigotry in the guise of something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's obvious she's lying when she says she didn't even hit him, she just turned to walk away. Watch the video again and you can see his head move back.

So now her credibility about what happened is zero as far as I'm concerned.

Asian store owners + black patrons are not always a good mix.
Yeah, and he grabbed her arm and “spunt her around”, sure he did.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:13 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I remember how the Koreans responded to the threats against them during LAs race riots. They formed militias and protected their property in a very organized and aggressive way. They completely got my respect for their actions during that disorder. This man appears to have a bit of their spirit although I admit I have no idea what his nationality is.

The business owner is named Changseok Jun. This is a Korean name, though I have no idea if he is a Korean citizen or an American citizen.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:13 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pretty sickening, no excuse for punching a woman like that in front of her son.

For sure there will soon be very vocal protests and possibly boycotts against asian owned salons across the country if this continues. These people are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of physically hostile behavior against customers.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/male...221119278.html
Not sickening. And the mother should have made her son apologize to the salon owner, not smacking him and giving him black woman attitude.

It seems to me that it's time for that nail salon owner to move his business as far away (as he can afford to) from that black neighborhood. It's not much different from when city police get burnt out from patrolling a ghetto neighborhood and get all cynical about the residents there. It's hard to keep an open mind and be positive acting with ghetto people who are just being themselves. And when one gets tired of dealing that that sort of culture, then it's time to get out or at least take a very long vacation away from it.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:17 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's obvious she's lying when she says she didn't even hit him, she just turned to walk away. Watch the video again and you can see his head move back.

So now her credibility about what happened is zero as far as I'm concerned.

Asian store owners + black patrons are not always a good mix.
Not defending her actions was just posting what she said. As I said in my post you referenced I couldn't view the original video.

I do understand the anger the store owner had. My issue is more with the way CD members are so venomous towards minorities. I probably should just avoid these threads..

As far as black and Asians don't mix no more so than any other groups, I could pull quite a bit of similar videos with non-blacks as the opponent. No one has the right to steal,hit behave as any of these people do they're all at fault in my opinion.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:20 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Not sickening. And the mother should have made her son apologize to the salon owner, not smacking him and giving him black woman attitude.

It seems to me that it's time for that nail salon owner to move his business as far away (as he can afford to) from that black neighborhood. It's not much different from when city police get burnt out from patrolling a ghetto neighborhood and get all cynical about the residents there. It's hard to keep an open mind and be positive acting with ghetto people who are just being themselves. And when one gets tired of dealing that that sort of culture, then it's time to get out or at least take a very long vacation away from it.

I completely agree. I would imagine that this is not the first instance of rude, aggressive behavior that the salon owner has had to face from his customers. I imagine that he would find himself much happier serving a better-behaved clientele.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:37 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The business owner is named Changseok Jun. This is a Korean name, though I have no idea if he is a Korean citizen or an American citizen.
In the last season of the tv show Black-ish, there was an episode between the (black) grandmother and a Korean grandmother in the neighborhood. They were both vying for the affections of their grandkids that enjoyed playing with each other. At the end of the show, the two women confronted each other and a reference was made to the LA riots and the standoff with the Koreans.

I think that the memories of the LA riots, while not anything commonly talked about today, are still in the back of the minds of blacks and Asians. It wouldn't surprise me if the blacks in that neighborhood have some negative feelings towards the Asian business owners in their area. That, plus the usual garbage of being resentful of Asians making profits off of their black customers.

No one is stopping blacks from owning their own shops in their neighborhoods. They just need...

1. A strong desire to own and run their own business.
2. Their WHOLE family to help save towards the seed money for opening a small shop.
3. Their WHOLE family be willing to hold a full time job elsewhere, then work the shop on their days off.

In the '80's, I worked with a Vietnamese guy at a hotel. He worked there full time and many times more than 40 hours a week. He opened up a little convenience store with his family in a poor neighborhood. He and his family members took turns running it.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:48 AM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pot meet kettle.

You and others just buy full-fare into these grotesque threads where 2 individuals act like jerks, the media presents it as 2 races and then you guys come swarming in picking sides over politics.

Why is it I'm one of the few people posting that has been calling out the media for trying to profit off stories like this by making it racial?

We had about 4 "white woman does something bad to black person" threads just last month or so.....clicky clicky click bait but how did you respond to those threads?

Previously, we've had a bunch of "mexican does something bad to white person" and of course "black guy does something bad to whomever" from the same FOR PROFIT media trying to improve ratings, get clicks and make money.

Ugly divisive crap and while Trump is a d-bag...the media has been doing this for a LONG time and you guys are arguably worse than Trump on the topic.

P.S. Unless it's a serious hate crime the media has ZERO business reporting any altercations etc. between people by their race. WHO THE EFF DIDN'T LEARN THIS when years ago it was all "black crime, black crime, black crime"? It's freakin' racist but political pigs just can't help but roll in that mud.
We've got some truly triggered folks in here.
To me, it has nothing to do with race.
A piece of **** sucker punched a woman. Had he done it in front of any self respecting man, he would have got Knocked the **** out.
The weak *****, couldn't even knock her down with a sucker punch though. I imagine if she hit him back his ass would have hit the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You come across as obtuse and alarmingly gullible, defending both thieves and assault.

I'm not surprised by the rumors that you're pretty unstable one bit. The proof is in the pudding.
Quote:
And that's exactly why you will never succeed as a business owner.

I bet you those thugs don't steal from that salon again.
OMG, lol. You seriously calling a 5 year old a thug? Even our moronic president isn't that vile and stupid.
Mpowering has a solid reputation here, argues on both sides depending on the situation. That doesn't make someone unstable, that makes them capable of reasoned thought.
You on the other hand, don't show those traits in the slightest.

I know that this isn't a reflection on our society as a whole, just the dregs of it. But it's still crazy to see people defending a guy who clocked a woman who had her back turned. SAD!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:53 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
We've got some truly triggered folks in here.
To me, it has nothing to do with race.
A piece of **** sucker punched a woman. Had he done it in front of any self respecting man, he would have got Knocked the **** out.
The weak *****, couldn't even knock her down with a sucker punch though. I imagine if she hit him back his ass would have hit the floor.
You are also showing your negative racial biases.
Quote:
OMG, lol. You seriously calling a 5 year old a thug? Even our moronic president isn't that vile and stupid.
Mpowering has a solid reputation here, argues on both sides depending on the situation. That doesn't make someone unstable, that makes them capable of reasoned thought.
You on the other hand, don't show those traits in the slightest.

I know that this isn't a reflection on our society as a whole, just the dregs of it. But it's still crazy to see people defending a guy who clocked a woman who had her back turned. SAD!
Yes. It is never too soon to teach a child not to take anything that doesn't belong to them. Their first instinct needs to first ask before picking up something and walking away with it.

A young child of 5 needs to know the difference between what are their toys and belongings, and other things that might belong to a sibling, parent or fellow nursery/kindergarten student or friend.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:55 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
I doubt you understand how much people hate thieves and instigators. This is excellent publicity for him.
I'm a law abiding citizen, but I would never go into that maniac's store if I lived in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies