Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 07:54 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Of course they're seeing something else, the woman is black.
If an African American/Mexican/Muslim, store owner did that to a white woman... We already know what the responses would look like.
Pot meet kettle.

You and others just buy full-fare into these grotesque threads where 2 individuals act like jerks, the media presents it as 2 races and then you guys come swarming in picking sides over politics.

Why is it I'm one of the few people posting that has been calling out the media for trying to profit off stories like this by making it racial?

We had about 4 "white woman does something bad to black person" threads just last month or so.....clicky clicky click bait but how did you respond to those threads?

Previously, we've had a bunch of "mexican does something bad to white person" and of course "black guy does something bad to whomever" from the same FOR PROFIT media trying to improve ratings, get clicks and make money.

Ugly divisive crap and while Trump is a d-bag...the media has been doing this for a LONG time and you guys are arguably worse than Trump on the topic.

P.S. Unless it's a serious hate crime the media has ZERO business reporting any altercations etc. between people by their race. WHO THE EFF DIDN'T LEARN THIS when years ago it was all "black crime, black crime, black crime"? It's freakin' racist but political pigs just can't help but roll in that mud.

Last edited by Mathguy; 08-14-2018 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 08:02 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A lot of good kids get caught shoplifting. We used to rip baseball cards from 7/11 as kids. We were raised well, we were just mischievous. None of us grew up to be thugs.

It happens.
^^^I have to agree with you on this one. I can't tell you how many school principals, architects, engineers, teachers, lawyers, etc. I know that got into some minor stuff in their youth.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And that's exactly why you will never succeed as a business owner.

I bet you those thugs don't steal from that salon again.

FYI....I've already had success as a business owner.

Those thugs won't steal? The *thug* was FIVE YEARS OLD. And according to the article the mother knew nothing about what he had done.

Quote:
the attack occurred early Sunday evening when a small child, unbeknownst to his or her mother, took an item from the store without paying.
Based on your reaction to this, I guess you'd consider a snowball fight an assault worthy of retribution.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:06 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
She waved her arm and contacted him first, screw her. She's lucky he didn't give her a proper tune up.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:16 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Those thugs won't steal? The *thug* was FIVE YEARS OLD. And according to the article the mother knew nothing about what he had done.

Based on your reaction to this, I guess you'd consider a snowball fight an assault worthy of retribution.
yeah. agreed

Plus, he was arrested for assault, not very good for his business obviously.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:19 PM

24,647 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Then you can thank your lucky stars that no client wanted to steal from you, unlike the folks in the OP.

Quote:
And yet for some strange reason the mother nor the child will ever do it again.

That's what we call, problem solved. So no, the thugs won't steal from that salon again.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah. agreed

Plus, he was arrested for assault, not very good for his business obviously.
Great point. He's likely to lose customers over this. It was a really stupid move on his part.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Then you can thank your lucky stars that no client wanted to steal from you, unlike the folks in the OP.

That's what we call, problem solved. So no, the thugs won't steal from that salon again.
Doubt this is a good publicity for him.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Great point. He's likely to lose customers over this. It was a really stupid move on his part.
yes

Although I think The incident has been blown up out of proportion, as a business owner, he could have handled the situation a lot better.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:

What other people do will never lead me to breaking my moral code or the law, so it wouldn't have mattered if someone stole from me.

The child was being a child and the response to the mother's little hit was over the top. And again, you're not talking about self-defense here, but anger and getting back.

Aren't you in the air force? I would have thought they would have done a better job with a guy like you.
Some of you posters are really wound tight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies