Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:16 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If this can happen to a man like Kavenaugh, a man dedicated to the law, his family and everything that is right and good, it can happen to anyone.
Once again, the only people who know for certain whether Kavanaugh is guilty of the assault are Ford and Kavanaugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I do not see on Anti-Trumper poster that is admitting to question her allegations either.
I am Pro Choice and in no way want anyone telling me what I can do with my body or my daughters. Frankly, having a man think he can decide for me makes me sick. Having a man due to his own religious beliefs think he can tell me what to do makes me sick. So basically I don't want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court.

I also think her story is fishy. I also want to know why the one friend she says was there is saying she has no recollection of ever being there with Judge and Kavanaugh.
Incorrect. I detest Trump, but I am not automatically assuming Dr. Ford is telling the truth. I just can't see why she would be lying. Trump supporters can't come up with a reason either, other than "It's a partisan ploy by the left to sabotage Kavanaugh's appointment to the bench." But why? What is the purpose? Why would she care if he gets appointed or not? Assuming she's just a vicious woman, why didn't she try to sabotage Gorsuch? Or destroy Trump? Or some other politician? And why would she be the person accusing Kavanaugh and not someone else? Not only that, it appeared the vote is going to be close anyway. Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska will likely vote no to Kavanaugh no matter what the outcome of the investigation.

Regardless of the lack of evidence, Republicans better tread lightly on this one. Even if Ford does not sound believable, if Kavanaugh is appointed anyway, Republicans will be viewed as a party who dismisses sexual assault victims and sides with perpetrators, which will make them look more anti-woman.

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Ooh, look how emotional Mr. Whitehouse is getting. You are full of it. Your only purpose is to delay this appointment. If it wasn't Kavanaugh, it would have been whoever Trump appointed.

You are completely transparent.
Can't STAND that partisan hack.

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I don't get why they are hung up on the flying. I mentioned before I have anxiety over flying. Just like your friend I have to work up to it and actually mediate to ease my mind. I used to have a couple beers before a flight to help relax me. People fly all the time that hate to fly.

Who's hung up on the flying issue ? I hate flying but do it. There are many other reasons to not buy her BS story and act, flying isn't one of them.

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I think she is probably very smart in her field, but clearly has no social skills to speak of, and appears to have lived a very sheltered life in academia.
This. She's a nerd living in a specific bubble. I knew the meaning of those medical terms and the word exculpatory, and I am no where near as educated as she is. I also would not come off as strange as she does but often nerds don't recognize how odd they may appear to the normies.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Rumor is 2 men have come forward today saying they were the ones that were the boys that assaulted Ford????
That was 3 days ago. INFOwars was reporting it for the last 2 days. You are just now hearing it.

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wonder if Grassley will mention the man who came forward to say he thinks he was the boy who was at that party. He made a written statement. I wonder if he remembered who the other boy was.
As of now - he remains anonymous.

I wonder why Mark Judge isn't there. My guess is ~ he's already been talked to and Republicans know that he would have some things to say that are very unfavorable for his good buddy, Kavanaugh.

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
"The attack." "The attack." Come on.

THIS IS AN INFAMOUS "RECOVERED MEMORY" for pete's sake.
Quote:
It DOES have bearing on the veracity of her testimony. This is a so called "recovered memory." She refused to allow her medical records to be looked at. What sort of person are we dealing with here?

Look, I have a mentally ill brother who is paranoid. He's a fragile and weak person. He truly BELIEVES his paranoias, but that doesn't mean they have one bit of truth to them. He could probably pass a polygraph by the way. I feel sorry for him, but that doesn't mean his recollection or beliefs of events are actually based in fact.
This is completely false. She never said she hadn't remembered the events, just that she hadn't talked about the details with anyone prior to the counseling session in 2012.

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
But here is the thing, Kavanaugh so far says he has never even met Ford, does not know her at all, never has. So in Ford's case, there can be no mistaken identity, she is either lying or not, Kavanaugh is either lying or not, no mistaken identity at all.

Given Ford's own lifelong friend, who Ford said was at the party, does not recall the party nor recall ever meeting or knowing Kavanaugh, this alone discredits Ford's claim in my opinion. Her testimony discredits it even more as if the incident occurred as she stated, her friend would have clearly remembered this because it would be pretty hard to hide such thing from the other two people in the house, and her friend would have not only heard, but noticed and remembered the traumatized face/actions of Ford immediately after.
You are correct. If Kavanaugh testifies he 100% did not do that than someone better be going to jail after the truth is discovered. And if its Ford that is lying, I don't want to hear "oh she has post traumatic stress syndrome" as for the reason she pinned the wrong guy. If Kavanaugh is lying, he should lose his current job and do time. Maybe that will stop future shenanigans like this happening.

21,937 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
OMG has the whole world gone mad?

They are treating her as if she is a hero and yet it was the Democrats who sat on this "credible evidence" till the very last minute - so clearly using her that it's pathetic.
They did the same thing with Peter Strzok. Making him out to be some big hero. It's really sick. I used to be a Democrat. Now I wouldn't vote for one if my life depended on it.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:18 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Thus far, I think the Dems are winning in the court of public opinion, relying on hysterical emotion instead of facts.

On the facts, rational people watching understand where Mitchell is going and how she has sewn seeds of doubt. However, many watching will not see it that way, because they're focused on emotions.

Kavenaugh will probably have to be withdrawn. Let's see if they can bring down Amy Barrett.
Times like these, like most of the time, I'm glad it's not up to the court of public opinion. Here we have sworn testimony, to the people we have elected to represent our interests and promote justice, even if the partisan battle forever looms in the process. We've got all those good MEN, after all, deciding whether Ford's testimony is credible ENOUGH, before we get on with the other two women now lining up with whatever else needs to be considered.

As hard as it may be for some to understand any of this, another question that always comes to my mind is how or why Kavanaugh would possibly deny such charges if true, adamantly. Think about it...

Clinton sounded pretty damn convincing to me too, credible, POTUS, when he looked us square in the eyes and said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Hard to believe another man of high standing would deny such a thing in such a short period of time, for no apparent good reason.

"I am not a crook!"

Right. Back to woman who don't seem credible, and also with so much to gain and so little to lose...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies