Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What are you talking about. He has said nothing about Kavanaugh
What are you talking about?

He said there's no way Brett Kavanaugh could have done what he's accused of.

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Didn't read that article--

1--while it is true there is no evidence at this time to claim a FEDERAL crime was committed against Dr. Ford by Kavanaugh ---that was the FBI's response when presented with Dr. Ford's account initially--
There was no federal crime indicated and thus not something they would investigate like kidnapping or bank robbery==because apparently their background investigation was closed and couldn't be reopened w/o WH requesting it..

2--IF there is enough credible evidence that a CRIME--any crime--WAS committed then the FBI would turn that information over to the appropriate local authorities...
Depending on the statute of limitations---
For example--if the FBI is investigating a child's kidnapping and finds that the parents of the child have sold stolen merchandise to get money for the kidnapper/ransom (I know far fetched but having to think quickly) they are legally obligated to turn that information/evidence over to local authorities...
They can't ignore state crimes -- they just can't PROSECUTE them....very different

It is very likely this investigation will out Brett Kavanaugh as an illegal, underage drinker--and his friends
If they had been caught at the time, drunk and disorderly or drinking/driving, they would have been breaking the law...depending on their connections and any other crimes--property damage, public nuisance, fleeing the scene of an accident-they could have been issued tickets, arrested/taken to jail, had a trial, made a plea deal--
But considering his mother was a judge, I don't think Brett would have had a criminal record to prevent him from getting into Yale---

Does anyone think if Brett Kavanaugh was caught stealing beer from a convenience store or using a forged ID to buy it while underage that ANYTHING would have even gone into his juvenile record---much less adult one
Or would it just have disappeared???
How serious a crime would he have had to commit and be caught for doing to actually go to court???
If his mom was a judge???
Kavanaugh certainly has a touch of that elitist disease..."affluenza".

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I also drank beer to excess in my late teens, but never to the point that I 'blacked out" and didn't remember what happened. I was also a virgin at the time. So I have a hard time understanding why people assume this scenario is implausible.
Given the fact that Kavanaugh is a liar and lied repeatedly about his alcohol abuse (on oath btw) yesterday, and his Yale classmates called him out on it, he doesn’t really get the benefit of the doubt here. Well, not to me anyway, or apparently Jeff Flake.

Congrats on not blacking out (or maybe you did, but you don’t remember because that’s what blacking out is) and assuming because it never personally happened to you, it couldn’t happen to a guy like Kavanaugh. Also, sorry you were a virgin in HS

Old 09-28-2018, 10:42 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
Okay, just for the sake of supposing this is true, would those present in the room at that party, EVER agree that they saw what happened, that what she said happened? That would make them complicit... so WHO would ever admit to THAT?
No one can even admit they were at the party, let alone the room.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
With Mark Judge willing to co operate it will be interesting what he tells the FBI.
"Cooperate""" can have a range of interpretations

Like Clinton's "it depends on what the meaning of "is" is".....

Judge-and that was his attorney who presented that statement--could just mean he will tell the FBI the same story he wrote via his attorney -- that he doesn't remember any of this
But is is unlikely the FBI is going to be as obliging as the GOP side of the Committee and let it rest there

If Judge has PTSD himself about some of these bad things he did with Kavanaugh as a teen because he regrets what he participated in--and that is why he had history of drug/alcohol abuse--self-destructive behavior

Then maybe jumping on that bed twice (which seems a really stupid thing to do if your buddy is having trouble getting the girl stripped out of her clothes and that one-piece) was a method for trying to help Ford w/o making Kavanaugh mad at Mark Judge
Maybe--
Maybe he was so stone drunk that it was funny and he was trying to hurry Kavanaugh up--to show his anticipation...

Maybe the chagrin Ford thought she saw in Mark Judge's eyes and demeanor at that Safeway mean that he has a guilty conscience and he MIGHt be willing to break the Georgetown Prep's code of omertà

Maybe he will ask for immunity and roll to a whole list of assaults
No way to tell if there is not an honest effort to determine what Judge knows and is willing to testify to

But allowing someone to send a letter crafted by an attorney without even issuing a subpoena --
The GOP wasn't really trying to bring Judge in--
They didn't want his testimony...
Because they didn't really want to dig any deeper or gain any clarity
And the Dems certainly would have been willing to do that but as minority party they don't have lot of authority--
For example they alone cannot issue a subpoena for a witness to come to the hearing...

Old 09-28-2018, 10:43 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why would you be so sure about the truthfulness and forthrightness of someone that has clearly shown he has no problem lying under oath...on multiple occasions...throughout the years? No one used Ford other than the one that pinned her down and covered her mouth in order to stifle screams for his own perverse pleasure and entertainment.
I'm not sure. It's just where I happen to be in who I believe more at the moment. Y'know...that whole "innocent until PROVEN guilty" concept.

But clearly you are sure of what the truth is; please contact the media and the committee right away & let them know you have it all figured out. Thanks for sparing everyone another wasted moment in the pursuit of truth and justice, whew!

Old 09-28-2018, 10:44 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Kavanaugh probably doesn’t believe it either, because he was probably blackout drunk when he did it
You cannot be blacked out drunk and commit the actions Ford described. That is not how it works, not even close.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:44 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Given the fact that Kavanaugh is a liar and lied repeatedly about his alcohol abuse (on oath btw) yesterday, and his Yale classmates called him out on it, he doesn’t really get the benefit of the doubt here. Well, not to me anyway, or apparently Jeff Flake.

Congrats on not blacking out (or maybe you did, but you don’t remember because that’s what blacking our is) and assuming because it never personally happened to you, it couldn’t happen to a guy like Kavanaugh. Also, sorry you were a virgin in HS
Again, huh? Who is assuming?

My mistake, I guess, thinking you might be worth a 2nd post.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:45 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You cannot be blacked out drunk and commit the actions Ford described. That is not how it works, not even close.

Please google what an alcohol induced blackout means. You’re embarrassing yourself

Blackout drunk =\= passed out, drunk

Old 09-28-2018, 10:45 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The FBI will question those involved. Their statements will not differ from the original statements without penalty of felony. The Democrats are actively recruiting "victims" as we speak and likely are already holding on to a few cards they have withheld. No matter what the outcome of the FBI "questioning", and be certain that is all it will be, this cluster**** will continue for another week at the expense of a legitimate victims and a good man, of whom you may politically disagree.

ALL of this could ultimately be resolved by filing a complaint with the local police departments. However,

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

― Carl Sandburg
The Republicans and Kavenaugh were pounding the table and all twisted up and yelling like hell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies