Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 09:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
His toxicity shouldn't even be a matter. It's straight up disrespectful to do this to a dead person who is dead due to HER mistake.
Quote:
I don't think murder is appropriate. People make stupid mistakes and sometimes it is fatal. She has to live with this now.
Quote:
That's true. But unless she is a total psychopath her life will never be the same. If I hit and killed somebody with my car by accident, I don't think I could live with myself.
Quote:
I stop when I feel like stopping. And I never called the shooting an accident. However, I don't believe it was murder. And you can shoot somebody for various reasons. Cold blooded murder, being reckless ( this case ), self defense.
You are way to emotional by the way.
Sure you did. Accident, mistake, same thing. Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 11:02 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,372,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Hair-trigger twitchy cops are not a good argument for repealing the 2nd amendment.
Not the issue. The second amendment has its price. This for instance. Or the October 1 disaster here in Las Vegas. Hundreds of millions of firearms allow some things that would not happen in a more gun limited environment. The counter argument from the second advocates would be they enable more good than they do harm.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:10 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,888,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No issue with bail at all.

Extended time it took to arrest her?
Eyebrows.

Warrant to toss entire apt of the victim...no tossing of the perpetrator's apt (and she gathered her crap and moved out)...more eyebrows.
So you think a weekend is a long time for an arrest of someone well known with a very verified history and identity? What was 8 months then in Officer Noor's case, an eternity?

Her apartment wasn't the crime scene. They took a blood sample from her. What could they learn from tossing her apartment?

I don't disagree that police get special treatment, but she certainly didn't get special treatment for a police officer.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:21 AM

365 posts, read 500,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So you think a weekend is a long time for an arrest of someone well known with a very verified history and identity? What was 8 months then in Officer Noor's case, an eternity?

Her apartment wasn't the crime scene. They took a blood sample from her. What could they learn from tossing her apartment?

I don't disagree that police get special treatment, but she certainly didn't get special treatment for a police officer.
Possible motives, drugs...

Old 09-15-2018, 11:55 AM

28,687 posts, read 18,825,363 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure that if you walk into someone's apartment and shoot them, they're going to search your place regardless of the excuse you give.

Unless you're a cop.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:02 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,244,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
In my mind both the cop and the guy shot are victims of the second amendment. As long as guns are commonly available the police are going to assume an armed opponent in any situation they consider dangerous. That is going to get the innocent killed.
I agree. And its problematic in two ways.

1.) Because American society is so heavily armed, cops have to react to every person they deal with as if that person may have a gun. So we have twitchy, hair trigger cops.

2.) Because American society is so heavily armed, any unnecessary use of force can be blamed on the perceived notion that the victim may have been armed and thus presented a lethal threat.

Essentially having a heavily armed society makes everything much worse.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:05 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,244,146 times
Quote:

She claims she didn't know Botham Jean. Her apartment could contain evidence to the contrary. In a crime of this nature it seems very unprofessional to leave such a large stone unturned.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:21 PM

15,539 posts, read 10,521,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm pretty sure that if you walk into someone's apartment and shoot them, they're going to search your place regardless of the excuse you give.

Unless you're a cop.
Serious question, do we know they didn't search her apartment? I haven't heard anything official.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No issue with bail at all.

Extended time it took to arrest her?
Eyebrows.

Warrant to toss entire apt of the victim...no tossing of the perpetrator's apt (and she gathered her crap and moved out)...more eyebrows.
Cops protect cops. How do I know this, my ex-friend from school who is now NYPD defriended me on Facebook after a conversation on cops being charged with shooting unarmed people following directions of the officer(s). He defended that one that shot the group home worker whom was trying to get the Autistic child out of trouble since a call was made about a person with a gun. The worker was unarmed and following directions, still shot. He said I don't known what it is like to walk the beat (I don't but I have done security work) but I replied that you gotta call it for what it is sometimes. He didn't like that and defriended me shortly after that. I shouldn't be amazed by it, but I'm amazed at how cops will defend their fellow boys in blue even if they are scumbags that broke the law and need to be removed from society.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:26 PM

1,675 posts, read 578,216 times
They said they found a little bit of marijuana in the guy's apartment. In the future they'll say he tried to attack the officer, so the officer was only defending herself, and the case dropped.
https://m.dariennewsonline.com/news/...s-13230315.php

They probably knew each other. People don't let their doors unlock.
Attorney S. Lee Merritt said two people reported hearing knocking and a woman's voice saying, "Let me in," before the shooting.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...estions-remain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies