Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 01:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
As a guy I’ve never had an abortion, nor have I ever had to consider one! LOL

It’s hard for me to understand why in the 21st century, there are so many unintended pregnancies. Get birth control, get the morning after pill.

Why is this so hard?

The reason why there are so many unintended pregnancies is because they are easy and cheap to get and no one ever questions a woman's choice to kill her baby. Cause and effect. In the six months I worked for the abortion doctor, he performed abortions 5 and 6 on a 22 year old woman. It was obvious that she never gave a second thought to making responsible sexual choices. If a woman can't even think hard enough to figure out something like this, there's something seriously wrong with our culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 01:38 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
I remember F’ing Moron being interviewed re: abortion:

Interviewer: should abortion be illegal?
F’ing Moron: yes
Interviewer: should the woman be punished if she gets an abortion?
F’ing Moron: yes
Interviewer: should the doctor be punished for murder?
F’ing Moron: aahhh, ohh, duh......

For Pro-Lifers: how/why is the abortion doctor NOT guilty of murder?

I have Pro-Life friends and when I ask this question I get F’ing Moron’s “ahh, ohhh, duh...”
Because the Constitution's Equal Protection Clause is being violated. Guess what happens to assisted suicide physicians? How can one doctor kill a fetus and that's OK, but another doctor helps a terminally ill person die with dignity by their own choice and that's a felony for which the doctor goes to prison?

That point alone sets up a valid re-hearing of Roe, if anyone was so inclined to pursue it.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because the Constitution's Equal Protection Clause is being violated. Guess what happens to assisted suicide physicians? How can one doctor kill a fetus and that's OK, but another doctor helps a terminally ill person die with dignity by their own choice and that's a felony for which the doctor goes to prison?

That point alone sets up a valid re-hearing of Roe, if anyone was so inclined to pursue it.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The fetus is a person and abortion is murder, but, you can’t charge the muderer
Actually, you can charge a person who kills a fetus. Fetal homicide laws. Mothers have even been charged. I have no idea why doctors are exempt. That's also a violation of the Equal Protections Clause.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:45 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,827 times
Quote:

I would be fine with making physician assisted suicide legal, but beside that point, in one case it's a person and in the other it's a fetus. I doubt an equal protection clause argument would get very far.

Quote:
Actually, you can charge a person who kills a fetus. Fetal homicide laws. Mothers have even been charged. I have no idea why doctors are exempt. That's also a violation of the Equal Protections Clause.

How twisted it is that if an assailant kills a pregnant woman, they can be charged with two murders, but the abortionist doctors, never?

Quote:
As a guy I’ve never had an abortion, nor have I ever had to consider one! LOL

It’s hard for me to understand why in the 21st century, there are so many unintended pregnancies. Get birth control, get the morning after pill.

Why is this so hard?
Irresponsibility. And because somebody else pays for it. In 17 states, Medicaid pays for abortions, though state (not federal) taxpayer money is used to fund it.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:48 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Roe v wade is the law of the land and is supported by the vast majority of Americans. How late an abortion is done and under what circumstances is the grey area. Im a Conservative Athiest and I am Pro abortion and I say leave it to the women that are affected and their doctor. One more abortion just reduces the Democratic ranks by one, so Republicans should encourage it!

Some crazy conservatives would argue principle over politics....what a bunch of crazy old timers. Principles, lol.

Wish I could prove it, but only time will tell, I think abortion and gay marriage are here to stay. Yes Trump won, Yes the Senate and House are both Republicans, yes the SCOTUS just leaned to the right, but lets be honest with ourselves, the nation as a WHOLE is moving toward liberalism. The past few years have just been a minor bump on the road, liberals are still winning the long game.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
I would be fine with making physician assisted suicide legal, but beside that point, in one case it's a person and in the other it's a fetus.
Tell that to the prosecutors who press charges for fetal homicide. They consider it murder.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:56 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
The reason why there are so many unintended pregnancies is because they are easy and cheap to get and no one ever questions a woman's choice to kill her baby. Cause and effect. In the six months I worked for the abortion doctor, he performed abortions 5 and 6 on a 22 year old woman. It was obvious that she never gave a second thought to making responsible sexual choices. If a woman can't even think hard enough to figure out something like this, there's something seriously wrong with our culture.
Birth control including morning after pill gotta be less expensive and “easier” than an abortion.

Note to self: in my next life I’ll be a female - always carry several morning after pills just-in-case

I wouldn’t blame this on our culture - I blame it solely on people who think/do like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies