Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 12:41 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Dems are doing the same thing. (The implication in your post that the democrats aren't also propagating a lie to their base and it's just the GOP lying is patently false.)
Dems don't have to lie about GOP wanting to overturn it, because GOP is actually open about it (whether or not they mean it). All Dems have to do is tell their voters what GOP is saying, and the pro-choice people support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 12:54 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Dems don't have to lie about GOP wanting to overturn it, because GOP is actually open about it (whether or not they mean it). All Dems have to do is tell their voters what GOP is saying, and the pro-choice people support them.
Yes. It's in the party platform. It has been a defining issue for the GOP since 1980. Does the party, especially the donor class, really want it overturned? That's a bit more complicated, but being that the rallying cry for voting Republican for the past 40 years has been to end abortion, people are right to worry about it actually being banned now that the Christian Right has the power to do so.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
*sigh*

Hasn't it been an awfully long time since a woman has had to bother her head such a conundrum as "dying in a back-alley abortion vs practicing a little sexual responsibility"? Oh, what will they do if they have to actually be accountable for their choices?

Old 10-11-2018, 12:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I am really concerned that our country is going in the wrong direction. Can you imagine how many lives will be destroyed if such things were to be overturned?
Both 10th Amendment issues.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:02 PM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Roe v wade is the law of the land and is supported by the vast majority of Americans. How late an abortion is done and under what circumstances is the grey area. Im a Conservative Athiest and I am Pro abortion and I say leave it to the women that are affected and their doctor. One more abortion just reduces the Democratic ranks by one, so Republicans should encourage it!

Old 10-11-2018, 01:03 PM

88,994 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Both 10th Amendment issues.
Agree.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:07 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,901 times
nope

not either

I think the second a baby is conceived it is a person and to abort it IS murder...however I don't have an alternative to babies born with no means to support to parent that doesn't want it

but I want sensible abortion laws...I don't want MY tax dollars paying for it, and I don't want 3rd trimester abortions...

Old 10-11-2018, 01:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
First trimester abortions only. If you are not intelligent enough to know that you are pregnant within a couple weeks of conception, you probably ought not to be having sex. The big turning point for me was when, as I was cleaning up after an abortion just performed by the doctor I worked for, I washed a tiny spine down the sink drain. I knew beyond question that that was a person I was flushing down the drain, and quit my job the next day.

First trimester ONLY is as far as I'll stray outside my belief that abortion is murder.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:23 PM

1,070 posts, read 392,103 times
I remember F’ing Moron being interviewed re: abortion:

Interviewer: should abortion be illegal?
F’ing Moron: yes
Interviewer: should the woman be punished if she gets an abortion?
F’ing Moron: yes
Interviewer: should the doctor be punished for murder?
F’ing Moron: aahhh, ohh, duh......

For Pro-Lifers: how/why is the abortion doctor NOT guilty of murder?

I have Pro-Life friends and when I ask this question I get F’ing Moron’s “ahh, ohhh, duh...”

Is it that doctors are above the law??

Why do Pro Lifers want it both ways? The fetus is a person and abortion is murder, but, you can’t charge the muderer

(Not) asking all of this for a friend

Old 10-11-2018, 01:28 PM

1,070 posts, read 392,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
First trimester abortions only. If you are not intelligent enough to know that you are pregnant within a couple weeks of conception, you probably ought not to be having sex. The big turning point for me was when, as I was cleaning up after an abortion just performed by the doctor I worked for, I washed a tiny spine down the sink drain. I knew beyond question that that was a person I was flushing down the drain, and quit my job the next day.

First trimester ONLY is as far as I'll stray outside my belief that abortion is murder.
As a guy I’ve never had an abortion, nor have I ever had to consider one! LOL

It’s hard for me to understand why in the 21st century, there are so many unintended pregnancies. Get birth control, get the morning after pill.

Why is this so hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies