Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 11:03 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I know. Whenever I'm in an International Airport I always feel like I'm in a different country. Once I was waiting for my flight and a flight from China debarked at the next gate and I thought I was in China when all the Chinese people traveling from China got off of their flight from China. LOL
Not really true. Even in America often various areas of a metro are more foreign than the airport. Go to a metro's Walmart and you will feel like you are in a different country, several different ones at the same time. One aisle Mexico, then next aisle Somalia etc, the next aisle at an UN convention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 11:09 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe your fear is not rational given the fact that there is only 1% Muslims in US.
Well gays are maybe around that percent and look how much and fast they got things changed. I have more tolerance for gays than those of foreign origin and gays still can act intolerable.

Diversity is just a tool or hammer to alter the West. You have a large percentage of the population who are leftist swinging that hammer tool for Muslims and other diversity.

I don't even blame the diversity as much as the policymakers who put the situation in place.

Last edited by mtl1; 11-11-2019 at 11:26 AM..

Old 11-11-2019, 11:39 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Lol, you've obviously not been at baggage claim at a European airport when a jumbo jet lands from the Middle East.

You've also obviously not been anywhere recently that's been "Merkelized." Vienna City Center is like going to a suq surrounded by classical European architecture.
I agree.

I've been in "Merkelized" Europe and it's very different now than 20 years ago. Anyone who doesn't realize it probably hasn't been traveling much lately, if at all.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:40 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
I know. Whenever I'm in an International Airport I always feel like I'm in a different country. LOL
There are only a few airports where I felt that way, most notable London. Glasgow wasn't that way at all. Whenever I'm in Glasgow airport I realize where I am.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:10 PM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe your fear is not rational given the fact that there is only 1% Muslims in US.

What does that have to do with anything?

Muslims don't have a huge foothold in the US, yet. But this thread is about Europe, not the US.

(Interestingly, despite being 1% of the population, as you say, 20% of terrorist acts on American soil are perpetrated by Muslims, and over 50% of FOILED terror plots are Islamic terror plots). May Allah save you when and if those numbers ever cross a 10% threshold.

In EUROPE, if current trends continue Muslims may be at a minimum a plurality of many countries in Western Europe. Before that occurs many cities and towns will flip demographics. How can anyone think that's a recipe for Egalite, Fraternite et Libertie?

(Though some religious people applaud the erosion of western European progressiveness, even if it means imposition of strict moral codes and blasphemy laws of a foreign religion to get them to that result. They'd rather more burkas in the street if it means less alcohol and skimpy clothing and sexual freedom. Is that you, perhaps?)

Old 11-11-2019, 12:13 PM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well gays are maybe around that percent and look how much and fast they got things changed. I have more tolerance for gays than those of foreign origin and gays still can act intolerable.

Diversity is just a tool or hammer to alter the West. You have a large percentage of the population who are leftist swinging that hammer tool for Muslims and other diversity.

I don't even blame the diversity as much as the policymakers who put the situation in place.

Gays are about 3%-5% of the population. The moment they cease to be "worth more" than the Muslim vote, the Democrats will drop them like a hot potato and/or their needs will be ceded to those of the Muslims.

You can already see how this is playing out in the US re: Jews. The Jewish population has remained steady. The Muslim population is growing. The left is now becoming more openly anti-semitic under the guise of "concerns for Palestine."

Old 11-11-2019, 12:20 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
I know. Whenever I'm in an International Airport I always feel like I'm in a different country. Once I was waiting for my flight and a flight from China debarked at the next gate and I thought I was in China when all the Chinese people traveling from China got off of their flight from China. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There are only a few airports where I felt that way, most notable London. Glasgow wasn't that way at all. Whenever I'm in Glasgow airport I realize where I am.
You clipped my response to you so I have provided it above. I do not understand why someone would say what you say whilst in an INTERNATIONAL airport. The key word here is INTERNATIONAL. Of course you are going to see people that are traveling from other countries and people that dress differently than you do. I'm not sure I understand your logic???

Old 11-11-2019, 12:36 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Pretty good analysis.

And yet, at least from some of your previous posts, you have been a big support of Israel
Huh? It's Israel's fault that violent Muslims come to France and murder Jews? Is ANYTHING ever a Muslim's 'fault?

Old 11-11-2019, 12:40 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Gays are about 3%-5% of the population. The moment they cease to be "worth more" than the Muslim vote, the Democrats will drop them like a hot potato and/or their needs will be ceded to those of the Muslims.

You can already see how this is playing out in the US re: Jews. The Jewish population has remained steady. The Muslim population is growing. The left is now becoming more openly anti-semitic under the guise of "concerns for Palestine."
Agree. Anti-Zionism is the new anti-Semitism. Read any thread condemning Israel, and sooner or later, 90% of the anti-Israel posters will slip with anti-Semitic stereotypes at best and blatant anti-Jew comments at worse.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:22 PM

1,877 posts, read 678,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Well sure, Glasgow has hardly any flights to the Middle East compared with London and nowhere near as many Middle-Eastern tourists that London gets. This is hardly news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies