Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 01:13 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Still theories. As in: Not Proven.
And this is why people who don't know how the word "theory" is used in science should be kept away from the difficult job of defining science curriculums.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
My husband and his sister went to a private Catholic school where they were taught stuff like that.
I went to Catholic School. ( school did not teach Science. There was an element of creationism in the ole God created Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th.

The emphasis was on what not how or when this supposedly happened.

There are numerous brands of Creationism. Young Earth is one of them.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:19 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Evil men needed something to do away with the God of the Bible; hence evolution. Bad idea because God cannot be done away with. You can ignore His commandments, but you can't get away from Him. Even in hell, you'll ever be reminded of God's judgement upon you. Cursed.
Sounds like a real pleasant fellow. Follow me or burn in hell. Real nice.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:24 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Arizona science curriculum to be reviewed by a guy who thinks there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/opini...sm/1291933002/

I know, I know - if we call the dumb hicks out for being dumb hicks, they get pouty and stubborn and double down on the dumb-hickery just to teach us a lesson.

But in the name of all that's holy and unholy, Arizona, could you try to not embrace the stereotype? I've been to Phoenix, you have what looks like a fairly advanced civilization, what is with this?
And you believe that everyone who does not think, act, believe, and do just as you do is a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etceteraphobe, and plain old wrong or nutty (or a "hick"). To me, that is just as bad as or worse than the guy who believes dinosaurs built the pyramids. And we won't even address the arrogant and condescending as hell attitude.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:31 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Fully Agree!! But he's no less arrogant or self-righteous than many of the self-proclaimed Social Justice Warriors who seek to dominate not only this site, but the entire First World -- and to stifle all dissenting views in the name of Absolute Political Correctness.

And that group possesses both access to, and familiarity with the levers of power.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Arizona science curriculum to be reviewed by a guy who thinks there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark.

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/opini...sm/1291933002/

I know, I know - if we call the dumb hicks out for being dumb hicks, they get pouty and stubborn and double down on the dumb-hickery just to teach us a lesson.

But in the name of all that's holy and unholy, Arizona, could you try to not embrace the stereotype? I've been to Phoenix, you have what looks like a fairly advanced civilization, what is with this?
My prediction is already coming true. There is this mutation - the same one that said Obama was muslim or not born here or that progressives are communists.....or that we had to balance the budget or else....and all that stuff. This "mutation" doesn't care about fact, logic, reason or common sense. It mutates like a virus to adapt.

Now that we see that Trump is not going to drain the swamp, denuclearize N. Korean, build a wall with Mexican Money and make health care better and cheaper and for ALL, the virus needs some new fodder.

This is part of it.

My Parents were in the clothing business. Every 12-15 years they'd pull an old pattern out of the drawer and change a small thing (collar) and maybe order a new print for the materials....and produce them by the 10's of thousands. Point is, people grow older and forget very quickly.

Do you really think most modern Trump supporters know the GOP....

1. Fixed the 2000 election
2. Spent 5 years with special counsel investigating stuff 1/100th the importance of Mueller and impeached a POTUS with this?
3. Said privacy and freedom and human rights have to take a back seat to torture, listening in to everyone and all other security measures.
4. Started wars that cost many trillions
5. Gave tax cuts from deficits
6. Largely caused (or allowed) the Great Recession...which we are still feeling
7. Spent 8 years making government dysfunctional when they lost a POTUS election
8. Hung their entire hat on balancing the budget....said it was #1 priority.
9. Hung a lot of their cred on monogamy and so-called morals and ethics. If a pol so much as took $500, they'd be ready to string them up....(a pol from the other side, of course).

I'd say most Trumpies don't know all these things or realize how recent they are. A 30 year old today was 14 after 9/11. They were drinking beer when the Tea Party said ALL was about the budget.

And so we repeat and repeat and repeat.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:37 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What about the Koran?
If the Bible goes in the fiction section, so should all religious texts, including the Koran.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:44 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Yes, because evil cannot dwell with God because God is good. Therefore, hell fire is your habitation since you loved evil.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:46 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Yes, because evil cannot dwell with God because God is good. Therefore, hell fire is your habitation since you loved evil.
So scary! I'm just shaking in my boots over here!

Old 09-15-2018, 01:51 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And you believe that everyone who does not think, act, believe, and do just as you do is a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etceteraphobe, and plain old wrong or nutty (or a "hick"). To me, that is just as bad as or worse than the guy who believes dinosaurs built the pyramids. And we won't even address the arrogant and condescending as hell attitude.
<shrug> If you're in favor of teaching creationism - or its less-honest mutation, intelligent design - as part of a science curriculum, then sorry - you are either plain old wrong or nutty or both. Or, admittedly, the final option: You're out to appeal to those who are.

And if the attitude is the problem, well:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CusBWVpVMAADOqy.jpg

- it's the new black. Sorry, I've given up on walking on eggshells around people who want to argue their ignorance deserves respect on par with hard-gained knowledge. You and yours declared that PC was dead, so deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies