Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I think my overall forum experience IQ went up about 40 points on average: This message is hidden because WaldoKitty is on your ignore list.
Well, I might be next but wanted to let you know that this isn't quite what happened unless I missed something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc
Did I say anything about what he did, other than showboat for the camera? So yes, if he was pulling my ass out of the water, and stopped to showboat for a camera crew, I'd be pissed. God, you are so intentionally obtuse just to argue a stupid point, it's crazymaking.
He was sitting at a desk when he did this. He wasn't pulling people out of water and stopping to showboat.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:50 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,285,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, I might be next but wanted to let you know that this isn't quite what happened unless I missed something:

He was sitting at a desk when he did this. He wasn't pulling people out of water and stopping to showboat.
See post #30. I said if you do stupid things, you deserve what you get. His response was, well you wouldn't feel that way if he was rescuing you.

Believe me, my ignore list is very exclusive. You have to be very "special" to make it.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:54 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
See post #30. I said if you do stupid things, you deserve what you get. His response was, well you wouldn't feel that way if he was rescuing you.
Actually you posted that to prove what I said about the coast guard & MSNBC is wrong. . You did this by quoting me in your post. You left that part out of course.

I simply pointed out that you were wrong. And the fact you now make a big deal of the ignore list, simply adds icing to that cake. We know how it is with you guys.

That guy's career was has been ruined by an idiot at MSNBC suggesting that he's a racist when of course he isn't. That is the point of this topic. Stop trying to make it about me.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Having actually been in the Coast Guard, being a member of it doesn't make you acting like a idiot OK. In fact the immaturity of it reflects poorly on both the service and him. PERIOD.

This hand gesture has had some interesting history. It was claimed to be a white power sign by 4chan as a attempt to troll folks. Then the white supremacists apparently not understanding the intent to just troll people with it claimed it s their own...making it a actual real sign they flash to indicate their beliefs.

Which makes it both 4chans greatest troll in some ways.....and a actual white supremacist hand gesture in the end. Even better for the actual white supremacists is if they are called on it, they claim they're just messing with folks.

Bottom line though? If you're in the coast guard neither behavior is acceptable. You're a member of a professional service, act like it......at least while on camera you moron.
Ditto

Old 09-17-2018, 12:00 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Lame.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Having actually been in the Coast Guard, being a member of it doesn't make you acting like a idiot OK. In fact the immaturity of it reflects poorly on both the service and him. PERIOD.

This hand gesture has had some interesting history. It was claimed to be a white power sign by 4chan as a attempt to troll folks. Then the white supremacists apparently not understanding the intent to just troll people with it claimed it s their own...making it a actual real sign they flash to indicate their beliefs.

Which makes it both 4chans greatest troll in some ways.....and a actual white supremacist hand gesture in the end. Even better for the actual white supremacists is if they are called on it, they claim they're just messing with folks.

Bottom line though? If you're in the coast guard neither behavior is acceptable. You're a member of a professional service, act like it......at least while on camera you moron.
Good Lord.

The same thing happened with Pepe too.

But it doesn't make either a "white supremacist gesture in the end" just because those folks are just as moronic as liberals when it comes to this stuff.

Following this logic 4chan will start finding a way for the most common symbols/gestures/customs to mean "white power" so that all interactions are racist.

Handshakes, opening doors, thumbs up...all will be up for grabs.

Hell, I'm surprised they haven't done something with gesundheit for a post-sneeze yet. After all, that's German which means Nazis.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:10 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,781,503 times
The "okay sign" is a white power symbol now? You learn something new every day. I thought the okay sign meant okay.

If I was that guy, I'd be giving the middle finger sign right now (I assume that means what it is supposed to mean). Honestly, a guy busts his ass to save people and this is what he gets? Pisses me off just thinking about it. He ought to sue their asses off for defamation. Okay means okay, morons.

You lefties are trying to reintroduce the tower of babel where nobody knows what anyone else is trying to say. There is nothing you people will stop at, is there? Now you want to redefine language (YEAH, a hand gesture is a form of language). Y'all can cram it. I'll go out of my way to say okay more often.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Ditto
Ugh. They got you too.

I feel young and hip around here sometimes.

4chan's mission is to make everyone look foolish. When the white supremacist groups adopted Pepe and the ok sign they got the same joy as they got out of fooling the liberals (original targets).

You can find a ton of stuff on 4chan making fun of the white supremacist groups who thought it was a great idea to adopt Pepe because it ticked off liberals. It was a huge bonus for them.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,851 times
It’s easy to spot the white supremacists in this thread; they’re the ones acting like plausible deniability (relative to this symbol being displayed) is still believable.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:15 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
It’s easy to spot the white supremacists in this thread; they’re the ones acting like plausible deniability is still believable.

So let's get this straight.

If you don't believe a teevee pundit at MSNBC, you are a White Supremacist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies