Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 07:17 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Again, spoken by someone who has no idea what it's like to be raped or assaulted. Guess information and statistics that were brought up today weren't even heard.
How do you know I haven't been assaulted? I've been in plenty of fights against belligerent bullies. That's how I know anyone who is assaulted would know it and could report it right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 07:26 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Another thread of men telling women what to do and how to feel.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:42 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh. So if your mother, sister, daughter confided that she had been raped, you’d tell her “Sorry, don’t believe you?” And cons cry foul when they’re labeled as.....well, you know.
You are projecting something onto me that I never touched upon.

There isn't a whole lot society can do with an old accusation that can't be backed up when it's he said/she said. Even if everyone they both know get's interviewed to ask about them it's just he said/she said multiplied. And after 35-40 years nobody is telling anything right, our memories aren't that good. We CAN find patterns that exist, but evil Kavanaugh only seemed to exist in HS and possibly Frosh yr of college around now-liberal women if the accusations are true. I'd need to know how he managed to turn into a choir boy for the last 34 years instead of continuing with his rapey ways. AND how he managed to avoid conservative gals.

Sure you can believe your sister but don't ask me to without some bit of evidence. I don't know your sister, she might be wacko.

Last edited by Ceece; 09-28-2018 at 03:51 AM..

Old 09-28-2018, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Funny how Neil Gorsuch faced no such accusations.
Gorsuch didn't tip the court conservative.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:04 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I think 90 days is good.
I agree with this.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:12 AM

Reporting a sexual assault doesn't mean having to be traumatized, maybe that's where work can be done. But the longer you wait the more complicated things get, as we currently see now, and we need to come up with guidelines for this stuff. If something falls outside of those guidelines it's unfortunate, but lines must always be drawn somewhere.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:26 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Just women are confused and ashamed of course....

Anyway the problem is we have no consistency. When two people are drunk the victim is thought to be held unaccountable for actions unless they drive a car. Meanwhile the drunk rapist is considered of sound mind. Kind of a problem.
What are you talking about?

If you were drunk and stabbed someone to death, their being drunk is not going to prevent you from going to jail. If you are drunk at a bar and some other drunk person walks up to you and smashes your head with a brick, you think both people are to blame?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:32 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And we still have the delayed justice of unprocessed rape kits, some decades old. Your reporting requirement will do nothing to prevent delayed justice.
He doesn’t care about justice for victims of crime, he cares about protecting those who initially get away with crimes. Delaying justice is what he wants, that way those poor rapists and abusers don’t have to worry about this coming back to haunt them.

If anything such a law would encourage rapists to be even more violent, threaten them daily, or even attack them more than once so as to further traumatize their victims and make them less likely to report. Which is all acceptable so long as the “bros” can go on it’s their lives.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:41 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
We need a timely reporting law so that people's lives can no longer be disrupted and democracy hijacked by ancient allegations which cannot be proven or disproven due to the lapse of time, eroding memories, and generally making it impossible to ascertain factual events from fictional allegations.

We can all agree that sexual assaults are more impactful on society than property crimes, right?

So, in CA and NY/RI, you have 5 days and 24 hours, respectively, to notify law enforcement of the theft of any firearm.

Surely for something even more emergent than a missing piece of property, we can impose the same reporting requirements on a far more serious offense, to ensure that investigations are contemporaneously initiated, that evidence is preserved, and so that the system ensures equal justice in the form of sufficient due process, for both victim and accused.
Another stupid idea.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:56 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah right wingers..keep it up.
Keep what up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies