Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 01:39 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Go ahead and wait as long as you want to report a sex offense. I'll just have a harder time believing it or that it really was that important to you, especially if there's a clear motive for suddenly digging up the past, like jumping on the MeToo bandwagon or partisan political motivation etc.
No one will care if you believe them or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 01:42 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
How do you expect to fairly prosecute someone if the crimes reported were way back and all evidence is lost? At least I'd never convict someone based on someone else's testimony. I require hard, 'objective' evidence and if that's gone - 1000 women can accuse, but I won't convict if I'm on the jury.

I don't see why they're waiting so long. If someone was a victim of a robbery would they wait months or years to report to the police?

My guess is why a certain category of sexual assault crimes are reported so late to begin with is that they're questionable even in the "victim's" mind. A lot of these situations involve men and women drinking and doing drugs together, the "victim" voluntarily separating herself and being alone with her accuser where her consent or lack thereof might be just a matter of how she recollects at any given time.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
So women are so free and open minded and strong, thst they can "shout their abortion", do menstrual blood painting, do plays about vaginas,
Wow yeah! That's totally what all women do! Sounds just like my daily schedule...

8am: Wake Up and shower
9am: yogurt breakfast
10am: yell about abortion from the rooftop
11am: do some menstrual blood painting
12pm: lunch (salad, of course)
12:30pm: feed the cats
1pm-4pm: write play about vagina
4pm: Think about turning vagina play into rap musical
5pm: finish working on menstrual blood painting
6pm: eat another salad
7pm-9pm: run through the neighborhood, yelling about abortions
9pm: list menstrual blood painting on eBay
10pm: fall asleep watching Oprah videos on YouTube

Old 09-29-2018, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
How do you expect to fairly prosecute someone if the crimes reported were way back and all evidence is lost? At least I'd never convict someone based on someone else's testimony. I require hard, 'objective' evidence and if that's gone - 1000 women can accuse, but I won't convict if I'm on the jury.
He's. Not. Being. Charged. With. A. Crime.

It's. A. Job. Hearing. Not. A. Criminal. Trial.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:00 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times
Quote:

I'm sorry but the subject of this thread is criminal prosecution - not Kavanaugh even though he's been in the news and on everyone's mind.

But on that note, you think it's fair his career and name is being torpedoed over accusations made 40 years ago?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:48 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
I think the idea of statute-of-limitations is to protect the accused and limit cases that cannot be reliably prosecuted. Many states are ditching the SOL with regards to sex-crimes (for political reasons?). Anyways, this proposed law would probably be ignored and/or have no teeth.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:59 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Before 120 days is often used in our everyday lives. I think that would be more than fair.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:30 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Again ....this has nothing to do with justice. It is about power. Like it always is with Marxists, none of their ideas or policies can exist without a victim. The entire ideology is a “Somebody done someone wrong song” .

But they don’t care if the victim is even real. A mythological victim is fine...even better actually, because it’s hard to impeach that which cannot be empirically examined.

This requirement for a victim, but more importantly for belief in the myth, is the source of all this identical rhetoric that spews out of every liberal echo chamber: “all women must be believed”.

Why? Because myths have no power without belief. So if you don’t believe it, the illusion doesn’t work.

And that’s why the left is always so laser focused on dictating what must be believed. That’s why they spend hours, these radicals, all making the same messages on signs “I believe Dr Ford” and such.

Notice they never hold up signs with messages like 2+2=4. Or “the sun sets in the West”.

Why? Because there’s no need to. You don’t make signs about things people can prove to be true....it’s pointless.

Whether it’s Obama’s monotonously repeated mantras “Make no mistake” (because you see , to not believe what the almighty Obama does must surely be a mistake) and “that’s not who we are” (with the twin suggestions that not only are he and everyone else the same, with one hive mind, and that he knows who you are better than you do yourself).

This is all the same thing: psychological warfare thru NLP. Neurolinguistic Programming. The basis of all modern advertising as well as agitprop.
The problem with people who fall into the partisan trap is that they become blind to the fact that their "side" does the same thing. The right wing has mastered the art of selling propaganda and they create victims of men, white people, Christians, as well as the evil left, and their PC politics. Many on the right are selling men as victims of evil, untrustworthy women, or feminazis out to destroy them. In reality false accusations are rare, those that lead to consequences are extremely rare. Men have little to fear from women but this doesn't work for the right, sexual assaults are common and often not reported but we are supposed to see men as the real victims in this world.

The fact that most of Kavanaugh's defense against the accusations was making himself the victim who must be supported by the right from those conniving lefties is lost on many. Instead of coming out and behaving with dignity in the face of an allegation he claims is false, he ranted about about a vast conspiracy against him, revenge plots for Hillary and he spouted the most typical right wing talking points that rile up the base. When questioned he resorted to petulant, childish behavior instead of simply answering questions in a clear and concise manner like a legal professional. He doesn't have to like the questions but a judge does not behave that way. It was a pathetic partisan display and the idea of someone like that on the Supreme Court sickens me.

Did the left carefully time this? Of course, they learned that the people who lie and do what it takes end up winning. The right has a long history of dishonest, partisan behavior and a whole TV channel dedicated to presenting facts that are carefully distorted to present the world in one way that breeds anger and resentment. The left are following suit and far too many Americans lack the intelligence or will to think for themselves and realize that both party's serve wealthy special interests and counld't care less about the average American. They pretend they will represent you but when they get or stay in office they serve the money and then blame the other party for what does or does not get done.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:37 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
You will if someone like me is on the jury or whenever the decision falls on someone like me .

Old 09-29-2018, 11:42 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:

Still any person making a claim or accusation has the burden of proof. It doesn't have to be beyond a reasonable doubt, but we should be skeptical of someone trying to sink someone's employment prospects or reputation, unless there is a preponderance of evidence if not clear and convincing evidence supporting the claim.

Also, the relevance and significance of the derogatory claim has to the job or decision at hand counts to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies