Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 12:43 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,929,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
An online dictionary? HAHAHAHAHAH!

The left has re-written all the online dictionaries to sanitize all their radical buzzwords. Look what they did to the definition of racism.

Try a print dictionary, from more than 20 years ago.
What are you even talking about?

This forum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 12:54 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,211,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

This forum...
The sad thing is that it's not even surprising to read a post like that anymore.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:58 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,290,978 times
I don't know a good time limit....but damn 37 years is crazy.

do 10 years after their 21st birthday.......I think that is plenty of time to file a police report.....but 37 years? please.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:46 AM

9,229 posts, read 6,391,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I think 90 days is good.
I'd be willing to go up to 6 months. If someone can't report an assault crime within that time-frame then to hell with them.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,903,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
A definition is a definition. Individuals don't get to make up what words mean. Who says "we should all help each other" as defining communism? No one! I realize that politcians like to make up their own definitions to rile up supporters and you apparently believe them but those with critical thinking skills understand that politicians manipulate information for their own benefit. A defnition is a fact. Communism is what I posted, as is feminism.
I didn't think we were talking about the dictionary definition of conservative or feminist but a real description and meaning of each.

Definition, 1. the act of defining, or of making something definite, distinct, or clear:
We need a better definition of her responsibilities., was not the right word although it could've been used for the purpose to define feminism and conservativism, Define:1. to state or set forth the meaning of (a word, phrase, etc.):They disagreed on how to define “liberal.” 2. to explain or identify the nature or essential qualities of; describe.

I'm surprised, but shouldn't be, I would have to explain this to you

Old 09-30-2018, 01:14 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,211,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I didn't think we were talking about the dictionary definition of conservative or feminist but a real description and meaning of each.

Definition, 1. the act of defining, or of making something definite, distinct, or clear:
We need a better definition of her responsibilities., was not the right word although it could've been used for the purpose to define feminism and conservativism, Define:1. to state or set forth the meaning of (a word, phrase, etc.):They disagreed on how to define “liberal.†2. to explain or identify the nature or essential qualities of; describe.

I'm surprised, but shouldn't be, I would have to explain this to you
Your partisan definition is nonsense.

Feminsim is the belief in equal rights and opportunity regardless of gender. All that partisan, man hating stuff people tell you is bs. I'm defintely not surprised I have to explain this to you. Read, think, inform yourself..It's amazing to think for oneself. Try it, you might like it.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,903,327 times
Quote:

Feminsim is the belief in equal rights and opportunity regardless of gender. All that partisan, man hating stuff people tell you is bs. I'm defintely not surprised I have to explain this to you. Read, think, inform yourself..It's amazing to think for oneself. Try it, you might like it.
No your partisan description of feminism is nonsense. I am thinking for myself when I say feminist are gynocentric and hostile toward males.

Women have had equal rights and opportunity and more for at least a half century, yet always deny it. Equal rights and opportunities isn't really fair to begin with because men have responsibilities, standards and burdens that women don't have.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:53 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,042,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Oh yeah, that will work. Women who are already devastated will have to report it immediately or it doesn't count. What a stupid idea.
Because a 9 yr old child is NOT devastated?????
I was 9 and terrified , as well as not really supported, and it took me 4 days! And this was WITHOUT a team of lawyers, or white knights!!Surely such strong empowered women can muster more courage than a 9 year old- especially now when they are almost ALWAYS believed even without evidence!
My attackers- 2 men 2 women(yes REALLY) got NOTHING. No feminists or manginas stood up for me either.
I also didn't have social media to turn to. Yet I STILL think it's not asking too much to report your assault before several months or even years go by!!

Old 09-30-2018, 06:05 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,237,125 times
Quote:

No, that is NOT what feminism is...it never has meant that. It might include that, but that is like saying communism is the belief we should all help each other. Clearly there is MORE to it than just those elements....do you understand what I'm saying now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

This forum...
What I'm referring to is leftists monkeying with the definitions via mostly online dictionaries...to sanitize the verbiage of the progressive left. Go look at the word "marriage" online and compare that to a REAL actual dictionary. Not the same, right?

You get it now?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:18 PM

15,556 posts, read 10,551,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I'd be willing to go up to 6 months. If someone can't report an assault crime within that time-frame then to hell with them.
Yeah, I was thinking four months for adults, but I could compromise on six. There should be an exception for young children though. Give them enough time to get out of their house (if that's the hold up). Perhaps an age limit, say 21 years old for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies