Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 04:48 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,236,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
It's rude, it was a typo. People make them all the time, it's proper etiquette to ignore them on a casual forum such as this.
Cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 05:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,902,290 times
Quote:
Really, are you rubber too? So Childish!

I am not a "liberal." if you had taken even a second to review that is very clear. Unlike many, I form my own opinions on every issue, based on multiple sources of available info and do not toe a party/lib/con line. Your posts are lock step with the right wing agenda, that is typical of partisan puppets. A feminist is someone who believes that everyone has the right to equal opportunity, and whether they suceed or fail is wholly based on merit, not gender. That's all the word feminist means, so I gladly accept that. Even your understanding of a feminist is what the right wing tells you.
No that's what the word conservative means . And the opposite of what feminist want.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No that's what the word conservative means . And the opposite of what feminist want.
I was going to say the same thing. It seems like he came up with a very narrow definition of feminism. A bit like saying that all that a Communist is that its someone that believes we should all help each other.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:54 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,210,616 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I was going to say the same thing. It seems like he came up with a very narrow definition of feminism. A bit like saying that all that a Communist is that its someone that believes we should all help each other.
That's exactly what it means and what it has always meant. It's not my fault your leaders make up bs and you fall for it. That's it, women having the same rights and opportunities as men. What one does or doesn't achieve is not be determined by gender but by their abilities. I understand those you follow want to portray it as something else because that's how they create fear in you.

Someone who doesn't even know what it is can have no idea what a feminst wants.

Word Frequency
feminism
(femɪnɪzəm )
uncountable noun
Feminism is the belief and aim that women should have the same rights, power, and opportunities as men.

COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

Last edited by detshen; 09-29-2018 at 09:09 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Nope, you need to brush up on your English.

con·serv·a·tive
/kənˈsərvədiv/
adjective
holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
synonyms:
traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, stable, ... moreantonyms:
radical
noun
a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries

Old 09-29-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
That is not even remotely a definition of communism. What I posted is the exact definition of feminism. It's clear some posters need to shut off Rush, Fox or whoever tells them what to believe because it's not doing them any favors in the critical thinking department.

Definition of Communism
1a : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed
b : a theory advocating elimination of private property

Old 09-29-2018, 10:58 PM

An online dictionary? HAHAHAHAHAH!

The left has re-written all the online dictionaries to sanitize all their radical buzzwords. Look what they did to the definition of racism.

Try a print dictionary, from more than 20 years ago.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
That is not even remotely a definition of communism. What I posted is the exact definition of feminism. It's clear some posters need to shut off Rush, Fox or whoever tells them what to believe because it's not doing them any favors in the critical thinking department.

Definition of Communism
1a : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed
b : a theory advocating elimination of private property
Yep....but saying its the idea we should all help each other sounds a bit better and not radical. So that's what they say instead.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:09 AM

Quote:
An online dictionary? HAHAHAHAHAH!

The left has re-written all the online dictionaries to sanitize all their radical buzzwords. Look what they did to the definition of racism.

Try a print dictionary, from more than 20 years ago.
It will say the same thing and you know it. You are being nonsensical and no one with any common sense is buying that.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Yep....but saying its the idea we should all help each other sounds a bit better and not radical. So that's what they say instead.
A definition is a definition. Individuals don't get to make up what words mean. Who says "we should all help each other" as defining communism? No one! I realize that politcians like to make up their own definitions to rile up supporters and you apparently believe them but those with critical thinking skills understand that politicians manipulate information for their own benefit. A defnition is a fact. Communism is what I posted, as is feminism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies