Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:20 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No women would cry like Kavanaugh did if they were in the same hearing. That was just absurd

Old 10-04-2018, 10:20 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And let's be honest. We all know perfectly well that the Republicans will do the exact same thing. In fact, this whole mess has effectively guaranteed there will be a retaliatory strike. It will be just as wrong-headed and stupid when it's Republicans trying to destroy somebody's life off of mere accusations with no corroborating evidence. Let's be honest, they've done it before. They just tend to not get taken as seriously when they do it.
Are you talking about Paula Jones and Juanita Broderick? I hated the Republicans and their tactics back then as much as I hate the Democrats’ tactics now. I voted for Clinton twice, and don’t regret it to this day. However, he definitely did some things in office that were inappropriate. There is no credible allegation that Brett Kavanaugh did anything wrong at all, unless we’re going to hold drinking in high school and college against someone despite the three decade career of Kavanaugh not having any such allegations against him.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Your attitude is exactly why women don’t come forward.
Ford came forward...with NADA to back her story up.

She can't even remember what happened in August, let alone 30+ years ago.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Your attitude is exactly why women don’t come forward.
And your attitude is why innocent men go to jail for rapes they did not commit. See how this works? Trust but verify. Everyone and I mean everyone on that committee and I would say largely in the general public wanted to hear her story, hear the details of the accusation and any evidence she possessed before passing judgment - can the other side say the same? Let me give you a hint, the answer is no.

So, one would imagine after her corroborating witnesses, one a very good friend of hers, does not in fact recall this party and in Keyser's case definitively stated she had never met Kavanaugh with or without Ford, that should have been enough and everyone goes on their way. But no. The details down to the minutiae were examined to see if there was any validity to her story whatsoever. There wasn't. Finally that should been enough and everyone goes on their way. But no. You finally, without any evidence, any corroboration, any justification at all whatsoever declare Kavanaugh must be guilty because we must always believe the accuser and not the accused.

If you absolutely destroy a man's life with these false accusations, no big deal, right? Because at least it will make it easier for women to come forward. Total and utter BS. You know what would help instead of this blind belief even in the face of contrary evidence which only further publicizes false allegation cases? Trust but verify.

Because the ugly, ugly truth is that this 'believe everyone no matter what' thing going on right now is going to make it that much harder for women to come forward. You celebrate the liars and the fakers unwilling to even call them out when they're proven false. Then, unbelievably you get mad that people don't automatically believe everyone right after you've just finished celebrating the fakers.

So, no thanks, as a woman I'll pass on supporting the other 'always believe' crowd. Women like you and the others out there screaming their head off over Ford's claims are hurting other women who are actual victims; harmed women who deserve our praise for their strength, our compassion for their plight, and our anger for their abusers.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Has anyone on this thread posted Dr Ford's ex boyfriend's sworn letter to Grassley refuting a lot of Christine's sworn testimony? I just saw it on the latest Q video. I'm sure the contents were summarized here already since they were mentioned on Fox News a couple of days ago.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:49 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
And your attitude is why innocent men go to jail for rapes they did not commit. See how this works? Trust but verify. Everyone and I mean everyone on that committee and I would say largely in the general public wanted to hear her story, hear the details of the accusation and any evidence she possessed before passing judgment - can the other side say the same? Let me give you a hint, the answer is no.

So, one would imagine after her corroborating witnesses, one a very good friend of hers, does not in fact recall this party and in Keyser's case definitively stated she had never met Kavanaugh with or without Ford, that should have been enough and everyone goes on their way. But no. The details down to the minutiae were examined to see if there was any validity to her story whatsoever. There wasn't. Finally that should been enough and everyone goes on their way. But no. You finally, without any evidence, any corroboration, any justification at all whatsoever declare Kavanaugh must be guilty because we must always believe the accuser and not the accused.

If you absolutely destroy a man's life with these false accusations, no big deal, right? Because at least it will make it easier for women to come forward. Total and utter BS. You know what would help instead of this blind belief even in the face of contrary evidence which only further publicizes false allegation cases? Trust but verify.

Because the ugly, ugly truth is that this 'believe everyone no matter what' thing going on right now is going to make it that much harder for women to come forward. You celebrate the liars and the fakers unwilling to even call them out when they're proven false. Then, unbelievably you get mad that people don't automatically believe everyone right after you've just finished celebrating the fakers.

So, no thanks, as a woman I'll pass on supporting the other 'always believe' crowd. Women like you and the others out there screaming their head off over Ford's claims are hurting other women who are actual victims; harmed women who deserve our praise for their strength, our compassion for their plight, and our anger for their abusers.
Get over your fake outrage. Unless you’ve been through something like this then you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
and your attitude is why innocent men go to jail for rapes they did not commit. See how this works? Trust but verify. Everyone and i mean everyone on that committee and i would say largely in the general public wanted to hear her story, hear the details of the accusation and any evidence she possessed before passing judgment - can the other side say the same? Let me give you a hint, the answer is no.

So, one would imagine after her corroborating witnesses, one a very good friend of hers, does not in fact recall this party and in keyser's case definitively stated she had never met kavanaugh with or without ford, that should have been enough and everyone goes on their way. But no. The details down to the minutiae were examined to see if there was any validity to her story whatsoever. There wasn't. Finally that should been enough and everyone goes on their way. But no. You finally, without any evidence, any corroboration, any justification at all whatsoever declare kavanaugh must be guilty because we must always believe the accuser and not the accused.

If you absolutely destroy a man's life with these false accusations, no big deal, right? Because at least it will make it easier for women to come forward. Total and utter bs. You know what would help instead of this blind belief even in the face of contrary evidence which only further publicizes false allegation cases? Trust but verify.

So, no thanks, as a woman i'll pass on supporting the other 'always believe' crowd. Women like you and the others out there screaming their head off over ford's claims are hurting other women who are actual victims; harmed women who deserve our praise for their strength, our compassion for their plight, and our anger for their abusers.
+ 100000

Old 10-04-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Get over your fake outrage. Unless you’ve been through something like this then you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Something like what?

Falsely accusing someone of sexual abuse for political points?

Old 10-04-2018, 11:03 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Something like what?

How was it falsely accusing. And Dr Ford had nothing to gain and everything to lose. Have you ever been assaulted. Sorry for asking. If you have, you would know how it damages women. But I seem to be beating a dead horse here.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:12 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
You know nothing about me. Nothing. So go and presume at someone else because frankly, I’ve had enough of some women acting like they speak for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Something like what?

Okay, that was funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies