Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 12:09 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Enough said! Unless, of course, this happens to be "Fake News."

READ: Yale classmate's full statement on Kavanaugh
This is silly. We all know people that drank in College. Stumbling and slurred speech does NOT equal molestation or sexual assault. If that's the case, like others have said, 95% of people who went to high school or College would be suspect of committing misdemeanors or felonies.

And NONE of this stopped him from being a federal circuit court judge. For 12 years. So this needs to stop. If his character was bad enough not to be nominated for SCOTUS he should have never become a circuit court judge. And that means ALL judges currently sitting on benches across this nation should have their history re-examined.

This fact is lost on everyone out for blood. But that won't happen. Because they aren't in the hot seat.

Come on. Let's re-examine every single judge on the bench. Female too. Let's all cringe when we look at their high school and college activities.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:12 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I did watch it (and listen to it). And I checked the transcript. She said nothing after Dick Durbin. That pretty much left the last 3/4 or so of the hearing where she played no role.

A perusal of the transcript shows that the following Senators did not yield their time:

Graham
Cornyn
Lee
Crapo
Hatch (looks like he might have gotten time twice? Maybe someone else yielded more time to him?)
Tillis
Kennedy

Like I said, either Mitchell left the room entirely or simply became a spectator. I only had the audio feed for part of it. But, she stopped speaking, I assumed she left the hearing.
Point is -- several people posted (including you) that Rachel Mitchell never asked Judge Kavanaugh any questions ... and that is NOT true. I said she did until Senator Graham used his 5 minutes for his statements - the rest of the Senators did the same thing.

You are correct - Graham spoke after Durbin, when Durbin used his entire time to try and get Judge Kavanaugh to "call for the FBI to do another investigation" and added that if Judge Kavanaugh did NOT do that, it was because he was afraid.

Every single person in that hearing room was perfectly aware that Judge Kavanaugh did not have the authority to direct the FBI to do anything -- even the SJC did not have that authority.

Senator Graham had enough and let the Democrats have it right between the eyes.

Durbin Transcript

Old 10-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Her privacy. She isn't going to be living in a fortress.
Her choice. She had ample time and opportunity to go to judge Kavanaugh privately with her accusation. Decades even. Never happened. You reap what you sow.

She decided to go to the public instead of the source of her accusation. I have no sympathy for her lack of privacy.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:14 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
Saying that "something" happened to her but not believing that she knows "what" or "who" is the definition of not believing her. She KNEW Bret Kavanaugh and she KNEW that it was him. The same way you KNOW you spoke to your friend last week, but maybe can't remember if it was Tuesday at 3 PM or Wednesday at 2 PM.

She was attacked. She thought, "Bret Kavanaugh just attacked me!" and she felt lucky to get away and get home. 20 years later, she isn't thinking, "someone attached me when I was in high school" - She has remembered the attack and who perpetrated it. I can remember lots of events from my younger days. But I can't tell you exactly what day these events occurred.

He engaged in underage drinking.... he drank a LOT in college according to his friends. He lied multiple times when being questioned. Perhaps his career has been exemplary and he is doing a great job in his current position. But I think he's proven that he doesn't deserve this promotion.

Let's look at some other qualified candidates. I'll bet there are probably some that tell the truth and can keep their temper under stress.
What did he lie about? You liberals just keep repeating that LIE over and over that he lied. No PROOF. Let's hear what he lied about?

Old 10-01-2018, 12:15 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
She identified one other male who she claims was at the supposed party. He too denies any knowledge of the party.

Though she doesn't remember when or where it was, how she got there or home, she does remember she had one beer. Not two beers or no beer, but one beer. That's darn good recollection of a pretty minor detail
I hope it cannot be proven she had 2 beers or god forbid 3. Perjury??

I always admitted to my parents of having "2 beers". I always felt saying "one" was too obvious. So no matter how many I did consume (6 or 7) when my parents asked if I was drinking "yeah, I just had 2 beers".

Old 10-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If you didn't do there would be no proof so we know you are not speaking about your innocence here. There may not be proof if you did do it. Are you saying if the woman can't prove what you did to her you would release fury on her for coming forward?
Fury? lol He didn't even curse. He didn't bang his fist on the table. He didn't scream and foam at the mouth like Lindsey Graham. Where is al this fury and unbefitting a judge coming from? I think he handled himself pretty well under the circumstances. Obviously, his name and reputation is on the line as well as how his daughter and wife will be affected.

That would **** me off. I wouldn't be so cheery either. He's allowed to have emotion. Humans have emotion. Even supreme court justices God forbid. These aren't robots on the bench. If he is personally attacked in such a way as this, I would expect him to defend himself with a little righteous indignation.

But the Left wants to play the narrative to their advantage so that they can get Kavanaugh out of the way. So, everything that is said or done will be spun in that direction. This is a political assassination.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:26 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Thinking Ford was credible...yes absolutely, along with anyone else. Her acting was horrible !
The best actor/actresses can manage to draw tears from their eyes when crying, Dr Ford was choking on her word like she was crying but never gave up a tear. Bad actress and bad liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northshorenative View Post
But I think he's proven that he doesn't deserve this promotion.

Let's look at some other qualified candidates. I'll bet there are probably some that tell the truth and can keep their temper under stress.
He's either qualified or he's not. I don't think whether someone deserves a position or not should be considered. That's speculation and open for debate because everyone judges character differently.

No one in office EVER gets 100% support. and if that's the case, can anyone deserve to be where they are if one person thinks they don't? Where do you draw the line or moral standards when there really isn't one defined? If the moral standard is that a person can't have ANYTHING bad thing said about them from birth. Well, none of us deserve anything.

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
She told you herself her community......which is a very rich privileged one...…..is very supportive of her.

Lets put the death threats in perspective...…….sure that would be frightening...….but we all know that most of them are crazy nutjob keyboard warriors who will not be leaving their basements to harm anyone. Any serious ones, hopefully LEO is on top of it. And, like I said hopefully they make examples out of some of them on both sides.

All that being said, she also told you she has friends who can provide security...….sounded like professional security to me...….she didn't sound overly concerned. She and most likely many of her wealthy friends have more than one home. She apparently has lots of choices where to hang out in comfort until the crazies move on.

When this is over...….she will go back to her wealthy privileged cushy life...….in a place where she is surrounded by a community that will hail her as a liberal hero. What has she lost?
Just a reminder to everyone -- Christine (Chrissy) Blasey Ford had her entire online profile/information scrubbed BEFORE any of this became known. She even admitted that "they came to my work" -- that's because it's the ONLY thing they knew about her - where she worked.

So..... how did all these "death threats" ever get to her?
She actually has 2 homes - the house in Palo Alto and a Beach House in Santa Cruz.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 PM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Fury? lol He didn't even curse. He didn't bang his fist on the table. He didn't scream and foam at the mouth like Lindsey Graham. Where is al this fury and unbefitting a judge coming from? I think he handled himself pretty well under the circumstances. Obviously, his name and reputation is on the line as well as how his daughter and wife will be affected.

That would **** me off. I wouldn't be so cheery either. He's allowed to have emotion. Humans have emotion. Even supreme court justices God forbid. These aren't robots on the bench. If he is personally attacked in such a way as this, I would expect him to defend himself with a little righteous indignation.

But the Left wants to play the narrative to their advantage so that they can get Kavanaugh out of the way. So, everything that is said or done will be spun in that direction. This is a political assassination.
Yeah I agree fury is a bit drama. He used the phrase "Hell have no fury". It wouldn't have been my personal choice of words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies