Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 09:28 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
More like the 2018 Orioles.

This thread is just killing me/cracking me up !

The baseball references........

and.....Omegaplex...you are just killing me with the things you are pulling off of Twitter !

Last edited by RMESMH; 10-16-2018 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: removed one word (for some reason there was a second 'you' between pulling and off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 AM

413 posts, read 301,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Why? Why is it not a nothing? Probably because it is a perfect illustration of Donald Trump's disrespectful attitude toward anyone who has a different opinion than his? Perhaps because it is a perfect illustration of his scorn for a woman? Maybe because it is a very coherent example of his constant underhanded lying and cheating.

And maybe people are rising up to defend Warren, not that she needs it, but because the situation is an exemplification of truth to abused power. You know, a perfect example of why everyone needs defending from this imposter of a leader and that he can be called out by truth and that his propaganda can be stopped.
oh i see....ya....huh?

Old 10-16-2018, 09:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Lindsey Graham: I’m taking a DNA test to see if I’m more Native American than Elizabeth Warren

Just one wrinkle: What if his test comes back showing that he’s actually less Native American than Warren is? That would help her save face after yesterday’s disaster by letting her claim that she’s at least a smidgen more native than her Republican antagonists are.

Graham doubtless views it as a low-risk gamble, though. After all, it’s basically impossible to be less Native American than Elizabeth Warren.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:32 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Trump's tweets are excellent-

Pocahontas (the bad version), sometimes referred to as Elizabeth Warren, is getting slammed. She took a bogus DNA test and it showed that she may be 1/1024, far less than the average American. Now Cherokee Nation denies her, “DNA test is useless.” Even they don’t want her. Phony!

Thank you to the Cherokee Nation for revealing that Elizabeth Warren, sometimes referred to as Pocahontas, is a complete and total Fraud!

Old 10-16-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Are you sure she's your daughter? (/joking) I look like the milkman's kid: My mother and siblings look like they are natives of Greece while I started out life as a strawberry blonde blue-eyed freckled kid. I do appreciate the British record keeping. My British lineage through my maternal side is recorded back to 1086 AD. There are books on my family lineage.

Warren's lineage was traced back to 1824; no Native Americans. The Cherokee of whom she claimed heritage checked their records; no relatives of Warren were found. At this point, it's looking like her mother lied to her about their ancestry.

When I was growing up, my mother used to joke "You know you aren't the milkman's kid, because your feet are exactly like your father's feet" (and they were). I knew I was my mother's kid, if for no other reason than I have the exact same wave in my hair as my maternal grandmother (and I'm a guy). I got my hair cut a few days ago, and I mentioned that 'same wave as my grandmother' to my stylist.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:41 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Just one wrinkle: What if his test comes back showing that he’s actually less Native American than Warren is? That would help her save face after yesterday’s disaster by letting her claim that she’s at least a smidgen more native than her Republican antagonists are.
That would be damn near statistically impossible.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:42 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, we don't. They didn't test against any actual NDNs. They tested against Mexico and other countries south of the border. She has less than a tenth of a percent from that, and again, it only means "likely" not "is".

Further:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...U5M/story.html

Oops.

And yet, she still did it anyway.

Some family members saying that you're NDN does not make you NDN, but that didn't stop her from making the claim for years...

Simple fact: She. Lied.

There are no reference population for Native American tribes in the USA to compare to it's not about percentage you folks that harp on percentages are clueless about what the evidence shows it's about a 13.4CM segment that plots halfway between the first Nations tribes of Canada and the various Native tribes south of the border her segment plotted as expected for an Amerindian segment with origins in the USA. Again you post false factually incorrect information because you lack understanding on the basics of the information. The finding corroborate that Warren did indeed inherit a segment of DNA from an Amerindian with origins in the USA. She likely has other Amerindian ancestors in addition to the one she inherited the 13.4CM in a genealogical time frame but did not inherit those segments. That's how it works.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:46 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Orrin Hatch weighs in:

These DNA tests are quite something. pic.twitter.com/tCHmW7pJbj

— Senator Hatch Office (@senorrinhatch) October 15, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I believe this story is a construct and not as she presents it. There was someone earlier in this thread who posted an excerpt by a genealogist who did Warren's family tree with appropriate forms etc (marriage certificates, forms, death certificates, etc). Her parents, grandparents, etc all listed themselves as white and not Native American. Basically, I'm saying she's full of it and flat out made up this story about supposed discrimination. It might have been something which caused her parents to elope but it wasn't because anyone was Native American because they were both white and had noted themselves as white.
And didn't someone post a video in this thread (or another thread) with Senator Warren talking about her mother's rejection by her father's family re the Native American issue ?..............

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Lindsey Graham: I’m taking a DNA test to see if I’m more Native American than Elizabeth Warren

Graham doubtless views it as a low-risk gamble, though. After all, it’s basically impossible to be less Native American than Elizabeth Warren.
LMAO

I have no use for Graham but this would be awesome. He should use Warren's same DNA guy too. Film it like a documentary.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies