Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 11:42 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
My ex wife is Native American and she said that in her tribe, you had to be at least 25% Native to be claimed. She also doesn't like the fact that E. Warren claims or claimed to be Native American when she's clearly not Native American and that having 1% or 2% Native Blood doesn't make you a Native American.

I'm half Black and half White, but my DNA came back 60% Northern European and 40% West African... My father has long past away, but was born and has family roots in a former slave State, so I'm sure that's where his 20% White (British) DNA came from... My mother is clearly from Northern Germany with some noted Scandinavian mixed in, which wasn't a shocker.

I don't look Northern European and I don't look like I'm from Western Africa... Point being, my DNA clearly shows I'm both African-American and European-American WITHOUT doubt or by doing some kind of "fuzzy math" to twist the facts to my benefit.

Sorry, no matter how this is twisted or stretched by whatever group, the simple and plain fact is that Warren is White... An European-American... Nothing more and nothing less.

The last time I checked, being an American of European descent isn't a bad or shameful thing. I simply don't understand why she isn't proud of that and felt the need to lie about her bloodline.
What happened with her is probably what happened with so many of us growing up. I was told I had a large portion of Native American ancestry on both sides. I heard this from my mom and other older relatives. Not to mention my father looked almost full-blooded. Many people in southern states were told that. However, a few years ago I took a DNA test and found I had less than 1% Native American ancestry. But I did find out I was 3% African American, so pretty proud of that, lol. And for the record, yes I am white and so is Warren. The point of this entire little exercise I think is that Trump started his nonsense, mocking her, like he does with everybody, so she decided to take the test. She knows she's white. She is proving a point to the idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,081 posts, read 548,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You're just bound and determined to dismiss the results of this test.

And she didn't misunderstand her family history. Polly's Granddaughter is full of surmise. The records regarding Indian heritage are notoriously incomplete, so the lack of a record doesn't trump the DNA results. The DNA results trump the written record.
You are just bound and determined to misunderstand the results of this test. It does not prove heritage.

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Science uses terms like high probability, and strongly suggests. You know that, right? You guys are just unhappy that the science here is that Elizabeth Warren has a Native American ancestor. Court cases are decided on high probability and strongly suggests.
Yup. All a genetic analyst can do is suggest probabilities. If you’re happy to imprison or even execute people based on these probabilities, then why be so resistant to the probabiliTy that Warren has a NA ancestor? It’s simply not a rational response.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And Trump said he would pay $1M to charity if she had native American ancestry. Talk about a liar. Now he's denying he even said it. What type of advantage did Warren receive?
.0024 is not even close to be considered Indian. They don't have enough full blooded strands to compare, then the differences in tribal DNA. The Cherokee, became impure, when the Spaniards hit the shores of what is Florida and Georgia now. in the 1300's. Well, before Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No, he said he'd donate it to charity if she proved she was Native American. This test proves that she is not a Native American by any calculation.
He didn't indicate how much native American she had to be.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Sounds like you've been triggered.

Also, do you support the gal who recently called the po po on a 9 year old boy who's back pack brushed up against her?
You really don't get it. I support anyone, male or female, who claims to be a victim of sexual assault by a peer or another adult. Don't throw weirdos into the mix.

If Kavanaugh had been accused by a man, I would have supported that person as a potential victim, too.

Doesn't mean I have to believe every word they say, exactly. But, I do need to assume that they've been sexually assaulted at the onset.

And, no, that does not mean I also assume that the person they accused is absolutely guilty. Only that they may be.

I don't understand this "triggered" thing. I mean, I'm not "triggered." I'm speaking calmly about a serious issue.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
You are just bound and determined to misunderstand the results of this test. It does not prove heritage.
I haven't misunderstood the results of the test.

And I haven't misunderstood all of you who want to pretend that it doesn't say what it says.

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wow, so the Trumplings are already out in full force spinning this story LOL. Donald Trump has trolled Elizabeth Warren for years now, teasing that she isn't NA and calling her "Pocahontas."

So Warren takes a DNA test proving that she DOES have NA in her and that Donald Trump lied and got exposed for it.

This whole Warren/Native American situation just blew up in Donald Trump's face and tosses poop on his face just weeks before election time. Well played, Warren. Well played. ::golf clap::

When you have no response to the subject matter and instead change the subject to address something else, you've lost.
So it would seem! Yet..., we all know how losing for Trump and Trump supporters is actually more "winning" for them!

"Heads I win. Tails you lose." Trump's favorite game! And a hard game to lose, if you can find anyone dumb enough to fall for the stupidity...

Meanwhile, Trump's supporters are forever busy repeating the same old "lib" this and that nonsense, trying to convince EVERYONE else to think the way they do, argue like they do, but fortunately there are people like you who seem able to stay focused on the issue at hand.

I'm not even sure I would know Warren had native American ancestry or that it mattered except for Trump. Now it doesn't matter according to Trump. Perhaps it never did, but this again is Trumpism, just like he chose the birther issue with Obama. Trump knows what sorts of issues get his base riled up. Trump knows this sort of Jerry Springer entertainment works a whole lot better than addressing the real issues, the important issues, like a POTUS should.

Trump knows doing what he should instead of all the theatrics will not serve him well...

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Is this how paternity tests are done as well? Don’t the results give a percentage & probability of fatherhood?

Old 10-15-2018, 11:47 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
Are you sure? The Boston Globe actually looked up the applications, which you can read for yourself.

A sampling of Elizabeth Warren’s past applications, documents

Their conclusion:
Ethnicity not a factor in Elizabeth Warren’s rise in law

I also posted this previously (from The Atlantic):

"Warren, who graduated from the University of Houston in 1970 and got her law degree from Rutgers University in 1976, did not seek to take advantage of affirmative action policies during her education, according documents obtained by the Associated Press and The Boston Globe. On the application to Rutgers Law School she was asked, "Are you interested in applying for admission under the Program for Minority Group Students?'' "No," she replied."

From: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/

Those are not the applications from Harvard and Pen state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies