Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 07:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It is a loophole. And asylum claimers who crossed Mexico should just be returned home as inadmissable.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts, and in this case you are either misinformed or you have decided that it's ok to simply make stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 07:26 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Obviously, you did not understand my reference to the Wehrmacht. Try again.
It was done by the Nazis. And, what? You want to forcefully conscript them? Why?

How about you answer the questions I posed to you. I'll wait---even though the response from you will amount to crickets chirping.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:43 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It was done by the Nazis. And, what? You want to forcefully conscript them? Why?

How about you answer the questions I posed to you. I'll wait---even though the response from you will amount to crickets chirping.
This whole caravan business is nothing but a GOP campaign ploy meant to inspire fear in the electorate. They build a group of unarmed women, children and laborers and turn them into a fierce fighting machine. Oh, they exclaim, mercy me they will cross the border and overwhelm us! We are helpless!

I don't believe these refugees should be allowed in the US except as provided by US law, but I will be damned if I fall for and surrender to a fear campaign launched by a cynical, feckless and debased presidential administration like so many have already done.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 10-26-2018 at 07:55 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 08:00 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm only going to say this once. Make sure that when you claim I said something that I actually did because I am getting really hard of you twisting my words.
Lol. Say it half, once or day it twice. Whatever that means.

You said it.

And this fear thing you guys keep making up. Nobody bid afraid of anything. Most of those people won't qualify for asylum. They think they will be able to cross as illegals. Illegals don't belong here. It's a basic concept.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:10 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Lol. Say it half, once or day it twice. Whatever that means.

You said it.

And this fear thing you guys keep making up. Nobody bid afraid of anything. Most of those people won't qualify for asylum. They think they will be able to cross as illegals. Illegals don't belong here. It's a basic concept.
I agree mostly so why does this administration place this at such a heightened level. Its an invasion, ISIS members, MS-13, next it will be hordes of barbarians marching. They need to be stopped but this type of rhetoric is just pandering for the election.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:19 PM

This so-called caravan is apparently down to half its size and falling. When the last remnants of the caravan arrive at the border we can get some intrepid conservatives to go the border and arm them with water pistols, so they can then brag about their bravery in the face of the onslaught of some unarmed women and children. Just like Trump would do.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:25 PM

23,638 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
This so-called caravan is apparently down to half its size and falling. When the last remnants of the caravan arrive at the border we can get some intrepid conservatives to go the border and arm them with water pistols, so they can then brag about their bravery in the face of the onslaught of some unarmed women and children. Just like Trump would do.
Proof? You would trek more than a thousand miles on foot with your kids among thousands of strangers without some type of protection?

Old 10-26-2018, 08:49 PM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I agree mostly so why does this administration place this at such a heightened level. Its an invasion, ISIS members, MS-13, next it will be hordes of barbarians marching. They need to be stopped but this type of rhetoric is just pandering for the election.

Really? When was the last time that 7,000 foreigners tried to crash our border all at once? It's the media that is reporting it. What should Trump do remain silent about it? The fact is we don't know who's all in this group and since MS-13 members and those from known terrorist countries have managed to breach our southern border in the past it's not ridiculous to be concerned that there may be some in this group.

Pandering for the election? Trump supporters are going to vote the same way they would have before this incident and so will the Democrats. This changes nothing. Have you considered that it might be the Democrats behind this to make Trump look bad for being staunchly against illegal immigration and phoney asylum seekers which most of these likely are? Probably not!

Old 10-26-2018, 08:51 PM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

Now you're just outright exaggerating! Most of the videos and pictures show mostly men in the caravan. Do you actually think that women and children are going to be able to make this trek all the way up here but not young healthy men?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-27-2018 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: language

Old 10-26-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Now you're just outright lying and exaggerating! Most of the videos and pictures show mostly men in the caravan. Do you actually think that women and children are going to be able to make this trek but not young healthy men?
Read the newspaper. This caravan is a joke and made to scare. 300,000 people were caught at the border last year and now a caravan of approximately 3500-4500 people, and falling, have got the most credulous of the population having anxiety attacks.

We had a caravan in April. Remember that? What happened? It disappeared from news when its usefulness as a political ploy ended, just like this trash will end after the elections.

I do not appreciate ad hominin attacks either.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 10-26-2018 at 09:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies